625 users online (68 members and 557 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    not to be sick and disgusting but the perp could also have yanked her down the hill by her hair. It takes quite a bit of force to rip a clump of hair out of a head. The other possibility is dragging.
    I agree. In my previous post I said she could have been dragged down there by her hair. And, you are very correct in saying it takes a lot of force to pull the hair out.

If already dead, the hair could have more easily been pulled out, I would suspect. I apologize for being so graphic. Both the heinous nature of what happened and the evidence is part of this crime.
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 06-14-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: fix quote link back

Here's another thought: did the perp. drag her down there by her hair in order to avoid additional fingerprint or DNA evidence? Wonder what scrape marks will be on the body.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...t+for+DNA+test
    Initially, authorities hoped to ID the girl based on dental records, but Nevaeh had never had dental X-rays, her family members said. The family has not been asked to visually identify the girl because of the condition of the body, authorities said.

The girl found Thursday had been buried beneath a layer of concrete near the water "for quite a while," Crutchfield said Friday. On Monday, he released a statement saying that the identification hinges on the Michigan State Police's crime lab, which is running the DNA testing.

A child was snatched while playing in the street. Given the cast of characters probably fro some horrible purpose. This is not a crime of deep planning or preperation. It is a crime of impulse to appease some truly horrifying urges.

The disposal also makes me think it was impulsive. The perp is obviously someone who fishes the river. He went to a remote semi private area that he knew and was comfortable with. He dug a hole but couldn't get it deep enough so he then resorted to the Quickcrete. Which obviously was a fairly redily available material that he was also familiar with.

The beer can in the grave sort of reinforces that this was probably a series of decisions made while at least partially intoxicated, and without alot of long term planning or thought to the ultimate consequences or the fine details.

Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    A child was snatched while playing in the street. Given the cast of characters probably fro some horrible purpose. This is not a crime of deep planning or preperation. It is a crime of impulse to appease some truly horrifying urges.

The disposal also makes me think it was impulsive. The perp is obviously someone who fishes the river. He went to a remote semi private area that he knew and was comfortable with. He dug a hole but couldn't get it deep enough so he then resorted to the Quickcrete. Which obviously was a fairly redily available material that he was also familiar with.

The beer can in the grave sort of reinforces that this was probably a series of decisions made while at least partially intoxicated, and without alot of long term planning or thought to the ultimate consequences or the fine details.
    I agree with impulsive and poorly planned, I am not sure I believe she was snatched off the street while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I agree with impulsive and poorly planned, I am not sure I believe she was snatched off the street while playing.
    I dont know if she was snatched or went with someone she knew (which I suspect more likely), but the scooter being found outside lends creedence to her being outside playing at least for the time leading up to her disapearence. I honestly cant see her mother being bright enough to setup or stage something like that, and i cant see anyone else having the access to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Kiki, did JB have a vehicle? Sorry to ask. I have been here for a while on too much at times, and had to walk away a few. Not because of anyone here but it's just too horrific for me. I would like to know if she did or had access to one to a vehicle. Back to reading. Thanks.
    Still searching but can not yet find any mention of her vehicle nor reference to any car driven by JB.

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    Here's another thought: did the perp. drag her down there by her hair in order to avoid additional fingerprint or DNA evidence? Wonder what scrape marks will be on the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    not to be sick and disgusting but the perp could also have yanked her down the hill by her hair. It takes quite a bit of force to rip a clump of hair out of a head. The other possibility is dragging.

I agree. In my previous post I said she could have been dragged down there by her hair. And, you are very correct in saying it takes a lot of force to pull the hair out.

If already dead, the hair could have more easily been pulled out, I would suspect. I apologize for being so graphic. Both the heinous nature of what happened and the evidence is part of this crime.
    I know I need to step away, but at the same time growing outrage at this and a burdened heart compel me to keep following...

I wish I could believe Nevaeh's hair was pulled out after death--it would at least be better than the alternative. Perhaps caught on brush or w/e while getting her lifeless body down to the river's edge. Yet this would entail carrying/dragging an already deceased child's body out in the open--fully exposed ie with no effort to hide--no cooler, nothing to conceal. Does not make sense if they were coming from the road but the whole scenario is just so utterly brazen it boggles the mind anyway. (Of course it is no easier to imagine perp risking being seen luring a live child to this location.) Again, like my friend concentric I apologize in advance for gruesome comments but I can't help thinking it is during a struggle--suffocation or drowning in particular--that any quantity of hair would be most likely to be pulled out. This is hard for me to write, I have a little girl in kindergarten and just this am fixed her hair in two little pigtails (crying) Nevaeh should have been picnicking and swimming like my little girl on Memorial Day, and looking forward eagerly to starting kindergarten this fall. I'm outraged and brokenhearted.

Has it been confirmed that a clump of hair was found at the scene? I know that was reported initially, but much of what was reported right away was incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Has it been confirmed that a clump of hair was found at the scene? I know that was reported initially, but much of what was reported right away was incorrect.
    I did a search Chilly and only one article popped up with the reference to a "clump of hair" and Nevaeh through google news search engine.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...alled+Nevaeh+s

June 4, 2009

...Volunteers claimed to have found a clump of long brown hair, said the Rev. Dale Hayford, senior pastor of Crosswalk Community Church in Monroe...
    I think I would treat it as rumor at this point in time, don't you agree?
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Heck....there hasn't even been confirmation that it was neveah yet... ((sigh)).. I don't think anything from the scene has been confirmed by LE yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I did a search Chilly and only one article popped up with the reference to a "clump of hair" and Nevaeh through google news search engine.

June 4, 2009

hi Kat! bold is mine and I would too. It rather reminds me of the "red ribbon" on the suitcase in the Sandra Cantu case....

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

June 4, 2009

Absolutely.

if whoever did this drove Nevaeh there, where would they have parked? it doesn't look like you can just pull to the side of the road right by where the body was located. does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post

Hi, I'm not so sure about that either as her scooter was leaned up against the bldg. If she was snatched I think the scooter would remain on the ground, and can't imagine her playmates leaning it up against the bldg. Still thinking about that!

Quote Originally Posted by joga View Post
    if whoever did this drove Nevaeh there, where would they have parked? it doesn't look like you can just pull to the side of the road right by where the body was located. does anyone know?

Hi Joga, I have read about and seen a video where it is mentioned cars park behind that white guardrail. In fact you can see it is well worn where cars pull off the road at the W end of the rail.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast