976 users online (171 members and 805 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Cortez Rose, 5 mos, Madison, 8 June 2009

I hope that it is OK I am posting this on here. Nancy Grace is covering this case right now and its urgent that the public knows about it b.c this little baby is in danger. This babysitter took this 5 month old baby and she has no money, no food for the baby, and only 2 diapers. She also doesn't have a car. She was seen on public transport.

http://www.bnd.com/372/story/800143.html

Police seeking babysitter suspected of kidnapping 5-month-old in Madison
    BY JACQUELINE LEE - News-Democrat
    Print
    Reprint or license

Text Size: tool nameclose
    tool goes here The Madison Police Department is asking the public for assistance in finding a 17-year-old babysitter suspected of kidnapping a 5-month-old boy.

Police on Monday secured a $500,000 aggravated kidnapping warrant from the Madison County State's Attorney's Office for the arrest of Danielle Medina, who is believed to have taken Cortez L. Rose on Saturday, according to Madison Police Chief Steven Shelby.

Officers are also trying to make contact with Medina's boyfriend, Aries Moses, 22, because they believe he has information on her whereabouts.

A mother's worst nightmare. I hope this child is returned home safely and very soon.

No AA because the babysitter doesn't have a car!
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    No AA because the babysitter doesn't have a car!
    Oh PLEAZZZZZZE! Do they think people on buses can't see. This amber alert thing is out of hand. What the he**!

That's not at you TripleA - just releasing a little frustration in general

Has anyone looked for myspace or priors on this babysitter? I think NG said she was a transient with a record.

Salem

Another article: http://www.kmov.com/localnews/storie....5d33eacd.html

Medina has outstanding warrants in New York for child endangerment.

And another one with more detail: http://www.bnd.com/372/story/800143.html Apparently police talked to her in Granite City, but she used an alias and they didn't know she was wanted for kidnapping.

Here's a copy of the SARR Alert (or something like that). http://www.flutterbyewings.com/missi...-cortez-l-rose

Does it look to anyone else like this baby has black eyes? Or was crying a lot before the picture was taken? In almost every picture on NG tonight, the child looked like it had black eyes.

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 06-08-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: adding stuff

I cannot find a myspace page. Although there is Daniel Medina.
    And there was a Laura Danielle Medina who was convicted of a crime in 2007.

Does anyone know the mom's name? Or is not released because she is only 16?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

http://www.kplr11.com/news/kplr-saar...,3418466.story
    New leads: LE feel they are close by in E St Louis, in a housing project.
    Mother says she let babysitter take her baby for a walk in the stroller. They did not return.
    http://www.bnd.com/372/story/800143.html
    Baby's mom name is here.
    Also, police did see baby and babysitter at the bus depot. But babysitter gave a false name.
    Aries Moses, babysitter's boyfriend also wanted. They feel he may know where babysitting is now.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 06-08-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: add sentence
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I didn't find a myspace for Danille either. I did find one for Moses, but I'm not sure it is him. Says he is married with 2 kids so I don't think it is him.

I hope they catch her quick.

Salem

I just heard this on Nancy Grace. I hope they find the babysitter soon, and the baby is safe!

Is it true that the mother didn't report her missing for 24 hours??

Thank you for the link to my site.

Yes, their was "confusion" as to whether the babysitter had Cortez or his godparents.

If the boyfriend is not cooperating with police then I'm assuming he does in fact know where they are or where they're heading. It baffles me as to why the family of the boyfriend would support this too, telling police that he will not cooperate. Could they all be charged with withholding information?

I'm surprised LE has not found her yet. She supposedly has no car, no money, no job and no place to live if she left the mom's apartment? Where she lives is confusing. Some articles say she stayed with the boyfriend and others say she was staying with the baby's mom.

Salem

I Live in Ft Wayne, IN. My Local news just reported that Cortez was FOUND Alive and well here in town today. Nothing more really...only stated he was in a houise with 13 other people.

I will post more when I have more details!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrs0806 View Post
    I Live in Ft Wayne, IN. My Local news just reported that Cortez was FOUND Alive and well here in town today. Nothing more really...only stated he was in a houise with 13 other people.

I will post more when I have more details!!
    That is wonderful news!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast