829 users online (135 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AZ - Alacia Robinson, 33, pregnant, raped & murdered, Phoenix, 31 May 2009

Found this today and didn't see anything yet so I wanted to start a thread for Alacia Robinson, a mother of five with one more on the way. A cousin of Alicia's reports that she was going to name the baby Nevaeh.

Here is a bit of the article:

"PHOENIX -- Phoenix Police continue to release few details about the investigation of a pregnant woman found dead near Sky Harbor Airport.

"We are not going to give up until we have the person or persons responsible for her death," Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes said Monday.

Police said they have gathered evidence from where the naked body of Alacia Robinson was found on May 31st at Magnolia and 43rd street.

"Alacia had no reason to be there," Holmes said. "There is video surveillance that we're looking at while we are waiting on other things from the Medical Examiner's office and the lab. We are waiting on someone to call us."
    Please follow this link for the rest of the article: http://www.abc15.com/content/news/ph...reH32s8Pg.cspx

I know its said a lot here, but stuff like this is just not supposed to happen. <confussed and angry tears>
    Last edited by daisy.faithfull; 06-08-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add 's

I can't believe what I'm hearing on the video link

Sorry to be adding on to the thread I started...

I went back and watched the video and if I'm hearing it right, Alacia was found on May 31st. Am I hearing it correctly that police did not report this to the media until today?

That just does not seem right to me...

I googled and the only 2 articles I found, are the ones that you already posted.

Very odd.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    this is just horrible! I know what I will be doing tomorrow! Emailing that reporter to get some more facts on this case reported!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    this is just horrible! I know what I will be doing tomorrow! Emailing that reporter to get some more facts on this case reported!!!!
    Thank you Nursebeeme! I'm going to do some emailing of my own... unfortunately it seems like stories like Alacia's are waaaaay to common in Arizona.

I can't imagine her families grief, it must be so overwhelming for them. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I'm grateful that people show concern... thanks you guys, its appriciated

When I saw the title of this thread I thought how did I miss this one? I have family in Tucson and Phoenix and follow the news there everyday. I don't understand why this was swept under the rug?

So who contacted the media? Sounds like it may have been frustrated family members. Was she ever reported missing? Did she live a transient lifestyle and no one noticed her missing? So many unanswered questions.

Do any of you locals remember the couple of other cases like this one? Seems there was a pregnant woman or two in the last year found dead on the street. One in particular was a woman who was living with her father. I believe she had a toddler son at home. I could be wrong on the details. Now I'm wishing I would have paid more attention, but there have been several non pregnant women found in dumpsters and on the street.

Maybe LE is keeping this quiet for a reason.

Another dead woman from May 16th....

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...517-ON-CP.html

(snip)
    Phoenix man discovered the body of Traci M. Plaxton, 31, inside his neighborhood dumpster Friday after he went to his back alley to take out the trash, said Phoenix police Officer Luis Samudio.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought how did I miss this one? I have family in Tucson and Phoenix and follow the news there everyday. I don't understand why this was swept under the rug?
    I don't understand it at all either... I wouldn't of found it at all, but I was reading the thread about a missing man in Flagstaff that was found. Kat () had posted a link related to that story on abc15.com. I saw Alacia's story over there on the right.

Do any of you locals remember the couple of other cases like this one? Seems there was a pregnant woman or two in the last year found dead on the street. One in particular was a woman who was living with her father. I believe she had a toddler son at home. I could be wrong on the details. Now I'm wishing I would have paid more attention, but there have been several non pregnant women found in dumpsters and on the street.

Maybe LE is keeping this quiet for a reason.
    I did some searching and found and A&E forum talking about their show "The First 48". The show featured an investigation done a bit over a year ago by Detective Steve Orana involving the murder of a pregnant woman. His team solved that case . But that's all I could find.

To tell you the truth though, I haven't been watching the local news or going to their websites for awhile, I've been hanging out here.

IIRC, wasn't she found in the nude? My hinky meter is up and running peeps.

I am going to email the news outlet and see if they could report on: the last time seen, where she lived, if there was any significant others, where the other children are, who last saw her, etc..

The media reporting in this case was disgusting at best. They need to get ONTO le to get that info out to the public. This sounds like it could be a serial case with the scant amount of info that we know..

((aside... are there any other suspicious deaths in the area.......that could be tied in or even rapes/attacks???))

I just emailed abc15 and asked them to please do a little digging and reporting in this case and mentioned the things I posted above...

YOU ROCK! I hadn't thought about a serial killer. I've been in Arizona all my life and only until recently we've had monster's like Mark Goudeau/The Baseline Killer and The Serial Shooters.

Baseline Road is actually just south of where Alacia was discovered, that's about the only similarity that I can see to this killer. Goudreau left behind DNA, I hope this POS did something stupid too.

As far as where she lived she has had four bumps with LE herself. Three of them list her address as "Phoenix Arizona 85040". The last of those was in November of 2003. At least during that period of her life it looks like she may have been living at the same address, so to me it doesn't look like she was homeless.

She had unpaid parking violations too. Her worst offense was drug paraphernalia-possession use which is for sure not good, however it was in 1999. I can't really decifer from the record what exactly she was sentence or if she complied, but the last dispo was "Dispo Report Supplemental" on 11.06.02.

Those citations do not reflect well on Alacia. However, considering LE's response/attitude, one may have been called in and not taken seriously by LE after looking at Alacia's record. That reflects very poorly on LE.

The more I pick this case apart the angrier I get. Just from the little I can find it seems that there are so many angles I can see them reporting on and I am a pretty green newbie.

About the stuff in the area, I haven't looked at that. I can't find the website that I used to go too to check that out for my neighborhood. I'll find it.

I haven't gotten any responses from the media.

Another dead woman from May 16th....

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...517-ON-CP.html

(snip)
    Phoenix man discovered the body of Traci M. Plaxton, 31, inside his neighborhood dumpster Friday after he went to his back alley to take out the trash, said Phoenix police Officer Luis Samudio.
    There wasn't much information about her or her case also.

I am so sick of women and children being thrown away like garbage!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast