Motion to Delay Judge's ruling on the Video

believe09

Reaction score
http://www.wesh.com/news/19701850/detail.html

Mods, please move or merge at will. I cannot find discussion of the video anywhere-

I thought this was well worth discussing since Baez and group are essentially asking for a do-over now that they have an attorney with a better idea regarding the angle to take...I think this is pretty funny actually!!

Is it possible to petition the court to "try again" with a different slant on an arguement after the judge has heard both sides?

I wonder - doesn't look like they are arguing anything new...misconduct by the jail, trying to set her up, medical privacy violation...blah blah blah.

OH, I get it - they just want someone more competent to take a shot at it.

Does she really need to catch up on the case when there's nothing new to argue?

Tactic.

Hope the judge denies and this thing moves along.

I actually don't even understand the argument they are presenting; don't release this piece of discovery because you leak stuff sometimes and we need want to prove it. huh?

The HIPPA excuse is not flying because she was not receiving treatment at the time....so I think we can assume the judge will let that one go down in flames.

Wasn't the other piece that she was denied her right to counsel? And Baez is still scrambling to prove he was actually kept waiting for the time she was being walked to the nurses station by the television set, right?

should she be able to invoke at will any time she is in prison for anything she might do or utter?

I actually don't even understand the argument they are presenting; don't release this piece of discovery because you leak stuff sometimes and we need want to prove it. huh?

The HIPPA excuse is not flying because she was not receiving treatment at the time....so I think we can assume the judge will let that one go down in flames.

Wasn't the other piece that she was denied her right to counsel? And Baez is still scrambling to prove he was actually kept waiting for the time she was being walked to the nurses station by the television set, right?

should she be able to invoke at will any time she is in prison for anything she might do or utter?

:waitasec:I don't understand either and I am glad that the media is lining up to get this video. I also don't understand why the SA has not brought up the fact that they were the ones that asked for a "Gag" order and Baez fought it and won. How does that make the SA or the Jail responsible for leaks? Am I missing something?
Baez knows the Sunshine Law and is playing ignorant, what does the fact that the new DP lawyer have to do with the judge continuing the hearing until the Media speaks up? This motion to release the video was continued to give the media a chance to have their voice heard, the SA said they did not care if the video was sealed or not....to me that also speaks volumes, this video will be used at trial if it is going to be sealed you would think. I hope the judge starts to put his foot down and stops appeasing and pacifying Baez so much. This is just getting ridiculous. A big waste of time...A HUGE WASTE!:behindbar

Casey's defense wants judge to delay release of jail video decision. Defense team decries state's 'orchestrated' leaks. Media to fight for the tape's release.The defense team has also argued that Anthony's right to medical privacy would be violated with the tape's release, even though Baez's motion says Anthony received no medical treatment while at the nurse's office. http://www.wesh.com/news/19701850/detail.html

This is AL coming in and taking "charge" of this trial. Now, she will get away with this if Judge S. lets her. He needs to nip it in the bud. He needs to let them all know he is the one in charge. I think if he did this then there wouldn't be so much whining and crying. Somebody needs to grab the bull by the---uh---horns.

I have been thinking about the release of this video for a while now and really had not thought much about wanting to see this at first. But now due to the fact that JB has made such an issue of this now I want to see it more than ever. Does the defense who is supposed to be defending there client know that by making such a big deal out of this it seems they are actually hurting the public opinion about their client more than helping.

I do not profess to know the laws in Florida or any where for that matter but my entire feeling on this is, if you are in jail for whatever reason may it be shoplifting or charged with murder you have no expectation of privacy and all of your movement may be videotaped at anytime by the facility holding you.

I really wish JB should just stop trying to make a mockery out of the court system as now we find out he is asking for a delay in the ruling. If things keep going the way they are CA will not have to be convicted of anything and will spend LWOP while this whole thing works it way through the judicial system.

JMO

Terry Lenamon has posted on his blog today that he is going to be on Jane Velez Mitchell's show to talk about this motion - he gives details too:

http://swartzlenamon.com/deathpenal...st-on-issues-with-jane-velez-mitchell-tonight

Thanks! It just came on!
When I saw one of the article headlines stating "orchestrated" leaks, I laughed out loud, as I have been noticing orchestrated antics from the defense team, including the A family, coinciding with document dumps and "bombshells."

Lenamon says on this show that AL wants to give the Judge a chance to fix some of the mistakes he has made. HE who? JB or the Judge. Please---she is coming into this---saying the Judge is a screw up.

Well - that's not going to make her any friends. I'm thinking it's maybe not so great of a strategy to antagonize the judge. :rolleyes:

http://www.wesh.com/news/19701850/detail.html

Mods, please move or merge at will. I cannot find discussion of the video anywhere-

I thought this was well worth discussing since Baez and group are essentially asking for a do-over now that they have an attorney with a better idea regarding the angle to take...I think this is pretty funny actually!!

Is it possible to petition the court to "try again" with a different slant on an arguement after the judge has heard both sides?

From the article:

Some lawyers WESH 2 spoke to argued that a video of Anthony reacting emotionally to the discovery of a child's remains could also be interpreted as evidence she did not know her daughter was dead, so releasing it to the public would not be as harmful to her case as Baez has said.

Could this be why JB is pushing on the video? We know that the prosecution is looking at this as a show of conciousness of guilt, but is JB hoping that if he keeps picking and pushing on the video and plants that in people's minds. Then later in trial, maybe he will 'explain' the video by saying that KC had already heard something on the radio that pointed to the remains being Caylee or that once she saw the address that it hit her, that with her child being missing that of course she got sick to her stomach, due to fear it was her child.

This could be why JB is pushing this video now, to put it into people's minds so that he could later give an alternate theory about KC's reaction.

If JB truly wanted to neutralize that video, he would give out that alternate theory soon.

Smoke and mirrors. Distraction.

I see this whole charade as distraction, to push against the release of the video and to investigate leaks to take away the focus and attention on the discovery and damning testimony that has been released.

Lets face it, ever since the motions started on the release of KC's reaction everyone has focused in on that and all media attention has been on this story. JB does not want this resolved either way, they are dragging it out to buy time, confuse people and, allow all of the discovery to fade in peoples memory.

There will be more of these episodes, damage control to focus the story on something else that isn't good or bad for KC but the passages of time allow bad stuff to be forgotten or diluted.

I dont understand their complaint to begin with. When someone is suspected of a crime LE often uses tactics to get evidence whether its during questioning, taping, following, etc etc. When youre in jail youre not on a picnic in the park youre being taped and watched. Its NOT a set up.
So tough luck KC. Maybe she should have thought of all this before she did what she did. I have no pity and Im sick of her defense trying to get a mistrial because they know she did it and have no other defense except the other dude did it.
JMHO

Smoke and mirrors. Distraction.

I see this whole charade as distraction, to push against the release of the video and to investigate leaks to take away the focus and attention on the discovery and damning testimony that has been released.

Lets face it, ever since the motions started on the release of KC's reaction everyone has focused in on that and all media attention has been on this story. JB does not want this resolved either way, they are dragging it out to buy time, confuse people and, allow all of the discovery to fade in peoples memory.

There will be more of these episodes, damage control to focus the story on something else that isn't good or bad for KC but the passages of time allow bad stuff to be forgotten or diluted.

There seems to be "smoke and mirrors" on both sides. Frankly it gets so confusing that I have lost all interest in following the yellow brick road anymore. I don't like the Florida sunshine laws and think because so many things have been released that are conflicting the jury will be just as bored as I am.

I think it's all bunk. JB was given 15 days in MARCH to deal with this and yet it's STILL dragging on, and on, and on, and on.

There seems to be "smoke and mirrors" on both sides. Frankly it gets so confusing that I have lost all interest in following the yellow brick road anymore. I don't like the Florida sunshine laws and think because so many things have been released that are conflicting the jury will be just as bored as I am.

Wow! I personally think the trial will be extremely interesting.When you go back and look at the entire story unfolding ,it's facinating.Some of it is just mindblowing.
Then you have what the defense will come up with. Remember,once we hear what really happened it will all make sense.
But I do think this motion is just a distraction .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back