Identified! MA - Quincy, Burned Remains Found, Jun'09 - Kristyn Genereux

The article states that they have checked all missing persons reports before releasing info to media. Seems that it is someone who has no yet been reported missing. The rings should be easy to identify, but why would a killer leave them with the body like that? Seems like a no-brainer to me, to get rid of identifiable items first.

I just saw this is the Globe today. and I was about to post a new thread about it but you beat me to it. SO sad. here is the text of the Globe article which tells more about this UID's sad story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../06/10/rings_among_few_clues_in_womans_death/
Rings among few clues in woman's death
Public's aid sought to ID victim

One ring marks the promise to marry, another the honor of that promise held true. And the last, a 10-karat band with heart-shape settings and three birthstones, is the keepsake of a mother. What once symbolized three joyous stages in a woman's life have become some of the only pieces law enforcement officials have to put together the story of her death.

State Trooper Bruce Tobin responded to a call and found the body of a middle-aged woman doused in gasoline and badly burned Saturday afternoon in the Blue Hills Reservation. The body, which appeared to be that of a 5-foot-tall woman between ages 45 and 55, was still smoldering when it was found and reported at 3:45 p.m. by a hiker in the Quincy section of the Blue Hills.

The Blue Hills are a wooded hiking and recreational area south of Boston, stretching across 7,000 acres from Quincy to Dedham and Milton to Randolph.

The woman's burns were so severe that authorities could not determine when she had been burned or for how long. They could not determine where the burning took place or whether she had been alive, and had it not been for the three gold rings she had on her fingers, they would not have been able to guess her gender.

Authorities also hope the rings will help with her identification. The woman wore a pear-shaped, 14-karat diamond solitaire on the ring finger of her left hand, and a 10-karat gold band with nine gold settings, possibly a wedding ring, on the pinky finger of that hand. She wore a third on her right ring finger, which is often called a mother's ring and which had a ruby, an emerald in the center, and a pink tourmaline.

"The birthstones indicate the possibility that the woman has three children," said David Traub, spokesman for the Norfolk district attorney's office.

A medical examiner also found the woman had a set of upper dentures and a surgically implanted pin in her left heel.

"The body was approximately 1,000 feet down a major trail from a parking lot at Chickatawbut Road, and approximately 200 feet up a minor trail to the left," Tobin said.

Authorities did not publicize the discovery of the body until yesterday because they were checking hospital records and missing persons reports, Norfolk District Attorney William R. Keating said. Law enforcement officials are investigating the case as a "suspicious death," although the medical examiner has not yet completed an autopsy, and her death has not been ruled a homicide.

Now authorities are seeking the public's help.

"We are at a stage that we are clearly in need of the public to take the next step," Keating said yesterday at a press conference at his office. "We believe someone out there will know who this person is."

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 508-820-2121.

Hi FC! Thanks for the additional info. There are lots of clues to go on here. What concerns me is that huge diamond that was still on this poor lady. If this had been a stranger abduction/murder, the perp most likely would have taken that ring - if not the others. I have a sick feeling we're going to be looking at another husband or significant other killer here. Let's hope the mother's ring does mean she has children and they will report her missing.

I'm going to research the area in which she was found. She obviously isn't missing from Mass, so I'll see if I can figure out what else makes sense geographically.

Jun 10, 2009

Cops Identify Blue Hills Smoldering BodyQUINCY (WBZ) ― The Norfolk District Attorney's Office says a body found smoldering in the Blue Hills Reservation has been identified as a 42-year-old Plymouth woman.

http://wbztv.com/local/blue.hills.body.2.1039479.html

Thank you murraydwyer! Wow, that was quick. I wonder if she had been reported missing? I'm thinking she didn't set her self on fire. Hope they find whoever is responsible for her death soon.

RIP Kristyn...

Troubled mom Id‘d as burn victim
By O’Ryan Johnson
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - Updated 4h ago

The body found smoldering this weekend at the Blue Hills Reservation was identified as a 42-year-old mother of four who had a history of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, authorities said.

Kristyn Genereux of Plymouth was identified by the medical examiner, thanks in part to the tips that poured in after pictures of three of her rings were publicized, said Norfolk County District Attorney William Keating

More at

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...tify_burned_woman_s_body/srvc=home&position=4

Burned body cases may be linked
Police say burned body murders may be linked

Updated: Friday, 17 Jul 2009, 3:14 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 10:12 PM EDT

Three bodies of three women, all burned beyond recognition.

Investigators are looking into the possibility that three brutal cases over the past seven years are linked.

Two of the women were savagely killed, and all three of the bodies were set on fire in remote areas.

The body of the most recent victim, Kristyn Genereaux, was burned so badly that police have not released a cause of death.

There are strong similarities between these cases, and it's raising the disturbing possibility that the same killer is responsible for all three deaths.

"My best friend, love of my life. She was a dynamite kid, she really was,” said John Oliverio, talking about his 25-year-old daughter Danielle. “What was done to her was disgusting, absolutely disgusting.”

Danielle was found beaten and strangled in Wilmington in 2007. Her body was set on fire.

The murder is eerily similar to the case of Kristyn Genereaux, a 42-year-old mother of four from Plymouth.

Her body was found smoldering in the Blue Hills Reservation in Quincy this June.

Genereaux's remains were so completely burned, she was identified from the rings she was wearing.

And there is still a third unsolved case that is very similar.

In 2002, the body of Melissa Doherty was discovered wrapped in a carpet and set afire in Andover, near the State Police barracks.

“There are enough similarities here to at least suggest that one killer
is responsible for all three deaths,” said Northeastern University criminologist Jack Levin, who studies serial killers.

More at: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/crime_files/police_say_burned_body_murders_may_be_linked

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back