865 users online (163 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IMO, I hope the perp was drunk so he 'goofed up' and left enough DNA on the can or anything to HANG himself! If he is a SO, his DNA probably is on file and he will be caught or is in jail at the moment! IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5) ETA: post #622 in thread 5, and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people!

I cannot imagine, in this technological age where everyone knows about DNA, that a perp could be so stupid as to bury his victim with a beer can that he actually drank from. I whole-heartedly believe that it was placed there to throw LE off.
    thanks S! I am sorry I didn't recall that it was you who posted it! Great thinking!

I have this report on top of the NG video.

Published reports have said investigators found an empty beer can and a cigarette butt near where Nevaeh's body was found. They have been sent to crime labs for testing.

"There are actually excellent sources of DNA because there are cells that deposited on the end of the cigarette butt from the lining of the mouth and the lips. In addition, pop cans – again you can have cells from the lips and the inside of the mouth," said Heather Vitta with the Michigan State Police Biology Unit.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19684641/detail.html

GRACE: Also tonight, a 5-year-old Michigan girl vanishes into thin air from a local playground, the tiny tyke, all set to start kindergarten in the fall, riding her scooter along with a little friend. Moments later, she`s gone. Only clue, her scooter left behind.

Tonight, live to Michigan. Police confirm a child`s body discovered along the banks of the River Raisin, Monroe County, Michigan, likely that of little Nevaeh, the remains matching the 5-year-old`s description and clothing Nevaeh was wearing the day she disappears. Police, FBI, crime scene techs converge after a local fisherman stumbles on a shallow grave with cement poured directly onto the pre-schooler`s body.

Bombshell tonight. The killer, in a show of total disrespect and lack of remorse, callously throws a used beer can in the grave with the dead toddler. That`s right, he buried her along with his trash, never to be found. But did he unwittingly leave behind his own DNA? Forensic tests being conducted on the beer can at this hour.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../08/ng.01.html

News story confirming the busch beer can and being traced according to sources by the FBI to the Hi-Lite super market. You must watch the video report for this information.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news..._nevaeh_friday

I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5) ETA: post #622 in thread 5, and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people!

I cannot imagine, in this technological age where everyone knows about DNA, that a perp could be so stupid as to bury his victim with a beer can that he actually drank from. I whole-heartedly believe that it was placed there to throw LE off.
    That was exactly the very first thought I had when I heard of the beer can. Anyone who's even heard of CSI would know that they can take the DNA from a can. Heck, I learned that when I was 12 years old from watching "The Client". Who would be stupid enough to throw their DNA and prints in with the body? This screams framing to me.

Okay, I fell over Hi-Lite has surveillance. I even took pics (at the risk of looking like a total idiot). No I hope that the cameras actually work, as opposed to being there just for show. I saw no lights on them.

as you approach the entrance

ATM, you can see the camera on the left

as you walk in

inside the store

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Scarlett, you ROCK

Scarlett - thanks once again for the great photography! Those you took of the site itself were incredible...gave me a feeling of being right there.

As for the gloves - is there a pharmacy in that store? Latex gloves can be bought in most large stores, especially those with a pharmacy. And if a person needs sterile latex gloves, the pharmacy is happy to order them. Many people are taking care of the elderly or a sick person at home and need such supplies.

The beer can and the gloves could be from anywhere - many people use the gloves for taking the fish off the hook.

If at all true - they have a cigarette butt, beer can and latex gloves and if there is a DNA match on all three maybe it can be matched to a DNA sample in the banks. A person who smokes, drinks beer, and takes care of an elderly person or a person with disease might be who they are looking for. Or - they belong to a completely innocent person(s). Or - someone is being framed. If someone is being framed, you wouldn't expect to see a sexual assault - I wonder if the cement would prevent DNA from a sex assault from being discovered?

No problem on the pics. It was not out of the way at all. I dropped my daughter off at school and then headed to Hi-lite. It only took me about ten minutes.

I think that people sometimes burn latex gloves to keep bugs away, but I can't remember how I know that and if it is actually true.

No problem on the pics. It was not out of the way at all. I dropped my daughter off at school and then headed to Hi-lite. It only took me about ten minutes.

I think that people sometimes burn latex gloves to keep bugs away, but I can't remember how I know that and if it is actually true.
    My parents live in Florida and fish all the time. My mom uses gloves but not latex 'cause she says they 'sweat' too much in the heat. She uses a cloth glove when taking a fish off her hook. I don't fish and I'm allergic to latex - seems like burning would give off an odor. Never heard of burning to keep the bugs away.

Somehow I find the term "lack of respect for the body" oxymoronic. It's hard for me to fathom how a murderer could have lack of respect for the body that reaches higher on the respect scale than the murder itself, i.e. the murder and [assumed] molestation themselves are the ultimate lack of respect for the body. If the murderer had buried her in a casket and put flowers on her grave, he or she still could not, in my mind, be showing the child or the child's body any respect. The ultimate violations had already occurred.

(This term just grates on my nerves, along with "a robbery gone bad," as if robbery itself isn't something "gone bad." Time for some new terms??)

To molest and murder a child is so horrific that encasing the poor child's body in cement is way beyond lack of respect. The acts perpetrated upon her show total lack of humanity whatsoever. This person is an animal, pure and simple.

It's time for unification across our world. We are mad as hell and we aren't going to take the rape and murder of our children any longer! Don't close down Gitmo. House the world's sex offenders and child murderers there. May the rest of their rotten lives be miserable and as filthy as their souls.
    And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    Somehow I find the term "lack of respect for the body" oxymoronic. It's hard for me to fathom how a murderer could have lack of respect for the body that reaches higher on the respect scale than the murder itself, i.e. the murder and [assumed] molestation themselves are the ultimate lack of respect for the body. If the murderer had buried her in a casket and put flowers on her grave, he or she still could not, in my mind, be showing the child or the child's body any respect. The ultimate violations had already occurred.

(This term just grates on my nerves, along with "a robbery gone bad," as if robbery itself isn't something "gone bad." Time for some new terms??)

To molest and murder a child is so horrific that encasing the poor child's body in cement is way beyond lack of respect. The acts perpetrated upon her show total lack of humanity whatsoever. This person is an animal, pure and simple.

It's time for unification across our world. We are mad as hell and we aren't going to take the rape and murder of our children any longer! Don't close down Gitmo. House the world's sex offenders and child murderers there. May the rest of their rotten lives be miserable and as filthy as their souls.
    QuietStorm: Well said! Seems there are no words to describe encasing Nevaeh's body in such a cruel and horrendous fashion. What kind of person even thinks of doing that to a beautiful child? The twisted and sick thinking of this person is beyond what most minds can imagine. mho

I'm all for either Gitmo or Alcatraz to stash the pedophiles...nothing works with these sickos, nothing!

within the boundaries of responsible sleuthing
    Also a cigarette butt found on the crime scene as reported by JVM.

Did the little girl`s calculating and yet careless killer try to destroy evidence with that fire? Crime-lab technicians in Michigan are furiously analyzing all this evidence, including a cigarette butt and also beer can reportedly found with the remains. Those items could contain valuable saliva and DNA specimens, et cetera, that could lead cops to the child`s murderer. We hope.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/10/ijvm.01.html

Let's hope that at least something that was found at this popular fishing spot is connected to this case.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I wanted to pop on and share something I saw last night on a forensic file. It was a new episode and it just so happened they were covering a murder in which a beer can was found with the victim.

I do not have a link. But I can tell you this:

The Forensic team was able to get the lot number off the beer can. That lot number was taken to the manufacturer and the manufacturer was able to track it to it's destination at a store.

The store was able to track it from it's delivery to the shelf and then to checkout by the barcode number that is assigned to it.

This particular purchase was not a cash purchase but payment was made electronically. The electronical payment was tracked back to a man who it was eventually determined had committed the murder.

It was not the only piece of forensic evidence against him, but it was supporting evidence.

I just wanted to share that because initially we were all scratching our heads trying to figure out exactly what if any forensic evidence a beer can could provide.

It remains to be seen if this particular beer can is connected to Lindsey. But, I think understanding another aspect of how beer cans (cans in general) can be used to track a perp in other cases.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2