Beer Can

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Of course we are not completely sure if the beer can exists. The earliest reports, of which I am off to dig up, stated that the beer was local beer that could only be found in Monroe. Another report stated the beer was a commercial brand ______________ (I forget..someone please fill in the blank).

The local beer to Monroe, Michigan is called Custer Beer and the company is located on telegraph road. The following link has addy and phone. I have not, as of yet, found a web site for the company.
http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/distributionInfo.php

allegedly the beer can was found buried with Neveah (note to my stupid self... bury only has one r....thank you spell check)

One astute poster questioned if perhaps the perp could have thrown the can in the grave to send LE on a wild goose chase!

Talking heads on various tv programs have suggested that the beer can being thrown upon the body was a sign of disrespect to Neveah.

Several media outlets (again will search for links) have reported that the beer can purchase had been traced back to a local grocery _____________ (anyone who can recall please fill in the name of the store as I forget~ menopause is a b!tch LOL)

As I wrote in another thread here, the beer can in and of itself does not prove anything. LE and FBI labs will of course try to extract DNA and fingerprints off of it. LE cannot conclude that the beer can belonged to the person committing this crime. There would have to be other indicators pointing to that person as well.

This can could have already been at the burial scene. The can could belong to the murderer. The can could belong to someone the murderer was attempting to implicate. It is still an indicator that the person throwing the beer can in the grave is a sick, depraved individual.

IF the beer can belongs to the depraved individual that murdered Nevaeh, he/she may have bought only one beer. Maybe someone with not very much money? Someone on parole that was not supposed to comsume alcohol?

This beer can is not a smoking gun, IMO.

The fact that it was under the concrete is a good indicator that it at least came in contact with whoever put her there. be it as gargabe lying around, or from consumption during the actual burial.

That's my understanding also is the beer can was under the concrete and had been traced back to the Hi-Lite super market. One source was NG last night.

I thought I'd heard it was Busch beer, but for the life of me, I can't remember where I heard that, so take this with a tremendous grain of salt..

I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5) ETA: post #622 in thread 5, and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people! :)

I cannot imagine, in this technological age where everyone knows about DNA, that a perp could be so stupid as to bury his victim with a beer can that he actually drank from. I whole-heartedly believe that it was placed there to throw LE off.

I thought I'd heard it was Busch beer, but for the life of me, I can't remember where I heard that, so take this with a tremendous grain of salt..

I read that too Amandab, but think it was mentioned and then corrected to the local brew.

Actually, a St Paulie's Girls would do me fine right about now. :)

I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5), and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people! :)

I cannot imagine, in this technological age where everyone knows about DNA, that a perp could be so stupid as to bury his victim with a beer can that he actually drank from. I whole-heartedly believe that it was placed there to throw LE off.

Have we looked at the cast of characters involved in this one? Best and Brightest is really not a term that would used to describe any of them. In fact the common description amongst a disturbingly high number of them is "a perp that could be so stupid". if anyone sofar known in this case wasn't already so stupid, then they wouldnt have been arrested or convicted the first time, or the second...

I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5), and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people! :)

I thought I commented about the possibility of GK being framed as I thought it was a good possibility. And I agree about DNA and this day and age and an interesting idea the perp was trying to throw LE off. I wonder if it worked and what they have gleaned from it?

I thought I commented about the possibility of GK being framed as I thought it was a good possibility. And I agree about DNA and this day and age and an interesting idea the perp was trying to throw LE off. I wonder if it worked and what they have gleaned from it?

Yep, I remember you writing that and I thought "YAY!" I think it was in the current thread, right? I am new to the site and I am only in the NB forum right now. You are a long time poster, but newer to the NB forum, right? A lot of people are starting to take notice of this case, especially on this board. There are GREAT minds on this site and I so hope that together we can all come up with something.

I can't imagine bringing my daughter up in this community when this perv is on the loose. And I cant wait until he is found and prosecuted. I will be there every day cheering the prosecution on, and I am a criminal defense atty! I already sent an article to the county prosecutor...I can't remember who posted it but it was a fantastic article about decomposition. That might seem strange, but this is a small town and the prosecutor's office has not, in my memory, ever had to prosecute a case like this.

crap...posted the pics in the wrong thread. moving them now...

I keep trying to find mention of the beer can in the MSM by googling it and all I keep coming up with are our threads here! :)

Yep, I remember you writing that and I thought "YAY!" I think it was in the current thread, right? I am new to the site and I am only in the NB forum right now. You are a long time poster, but newer to the NB forum, right? A lot of people are starting to take notice of this case, especially on this board. There are GREAT minds on this site and I so hope that together we can all come up with something.

I can't imagine bringing my daughter up in this community when this perv is on the loose. And I cant wait until he is found and prosecuted. I will be there every day cheering the prosecution on, and I am a criminal defense atty! I already sent an article to the county prosecutor...I can't remember who posted it but it was a fantastic article about decomposition. That might seem strange, but this is a small town and the prosecutor's office has not, in my memory, ever had to prosecute a case like this.

Do you mean this article: http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/index.htm

I've been here since early 2003 and it seems most cases delve into the decomposition area. I think this site gives the novice an excellent picture of what it's all about including allot of specifics a layman can understand.

It is great to know you are a criminal defense atty. You will be amazed at the quality and diversity of posters here at Websleuths. I have been amazed many times over the years. Is your practice in Monroe or a relatively small town?

Do you mean this article: http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/index.htm

I've been here since early 2003 and it seems most cases delve into the decomposition area. I think this site gives the novice an excellent picture of what it's all about including allot of specifics a layman can understand.

It is great to know you are a criminal defense atty. You will be amazed at the quality and diversity of posters here at Websleuths. I have been amazed many times over the years. Is your practice in Monroe or a relatively small town?

Not that article. That one is interesting...gross, but interesting. it was a MY Times piece about a "Body Farm" where they are studying various stages of decomp of human cadavers.

I practice in Monroe. I was born and raised here. Moved to go to college in 1996, and just moved back this Feb. I have had an office here since August 07. My whole family lives here, so even when we didn't live here (we lived 45 minutes to 1 hour away), we were here all the time.
ETA: I am shutting it down for the night. See everyone in the morning.

IMO, I hope the perp was drunk so he 'goofed up' and left enough DNA on the can or anything to HANG himself! If he is a SO, his DNA probably is on file and he will be caught or is in jail at the moment! IMO

I brought up the 'framing' aspect in one of the main NB threads (I think it was in 4 or 5) ETA: post #622 in thread 5, and no one picked up the conversation. I am glad some people are thinking like me...means I am not crazy! Or, just crazy enough to hang out with some crazy cool people! :)

thanks S! I am sorry I didn't recall that it was you who posted it! Great thinking!

I have this report on top of the NG video.

Published reports have said investigators found an empty beer can and a cigarette butt near where Nevaeh's body was found. They have been sent to crime labs for testing.

"There are actually excellent sources of DNA because there are cells that deposited on the end of the cigarette butt from the lining of the mouth and the lips. In addition, pop cans – again you can have cells from the lips and the inside of the mouth," said Heather Vitta with the Michigan State Police Biology Unit.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19684641/detail.html

GRACE: Also tonight, a 5-year-old Michigan girl vanishes into thin air from a local playground, the tiny tyke, all set to start kindergarten in the fall, riding her scooter along with a little friend. Moments later, she`s gone. Only clue, her scooter left behind.

Tonight, live to Michigan. Police confirm a child`s body discovered along the banks of the River Raisin, Monroe County, Michigan, likely that of little Nevaeh, the remains matching the 5-year-old`s description and clothing Nevaeh was wearing the day she disappears. Police, FBI, crime scene techs converge after a local fisherman stumbles on a shallow grave with cement poured directly onto the pre-schooler`s body.

Bombshell tonight. The killer, in a show of total disrespect and lack of remorse, callously throws a used beer can in the grave with the dead toddler. That`s right, he buried her along with his trash, never to be found. But did he unwittingly leave behind his own DNA? Forensic tests being conducted on the beer can at this hour.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/08/ng.01.html

That was exactly the very first thought I had when I heard of the beer can. Anyone who's even heard of CSI would know that they can take the DNA from a can. Heck, I learned that when I was 12 years old from watching "The Client". Who would be stupid enough to throw their DNA and prints in with the body? This screams framing to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back