798 users online (99 members and 699 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    335

    NC - Matthew Stewart, 31, Mooresville, 9 June 2009

    This is creepily similar to the 2 cases in California.............

    A shocking crime in Mooresville has a neighborhood on edge and police searching for clues.
    Early Tuesday morning, a man broke into a home in the Gabriel Estates subdivision. The suspect shot and killed Matthew Ryan Stewart, and he also shot Stewart's wife, Angela.
    Stewart was shot in the arm, but she grabbed her 2-year-old in the other arm and ran for help at a neighbor's house.
    When officers arrived, they found her her husband, Matthew Ryan Stewart, shot to death inside the house.
    Two of the couple's three children were at home at the time, but they were not hurt.

    http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=10503063

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    335
    More info from another article:

    Police found Matthew Stewart, 31, dead on the second floor of his home on Shepherd Hill Drive. Police said Stewart, his wife, Angela, and two of the couple's three children were home when men broke into the home in Gabriel Estates just after midnight.

    Stewart tried to fight off the attackers, and his wife was shot in the arm. She managed to run to a neighbor to call for help.

    "She came to the door and said she'd been shot. She said call 911, because her husband was struggling with the intruder," Mike Lawson told Eyewitness News. Lawson lives with his wife and daughter-in-law across the street from the Stewarts.

    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/19705722/detail.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    OBX, NC
    Posts
    280
    This happened just a few miles from me, in a town with very little crime - I've talked to a lot of people today that were really freaked out about it. The only information I've heard about a suspect was that some people were suspicious of the wife, but I think their only basis was that she ran out of the house with one child and could have been leaving the other two kids with a gunman... seems odd, maybe, I don't know.

    It's eerie to think of that happening so close to home, though - I go out walking almost every night and never think twice about it. It's easily one of the safest communities I've ever lived in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Hucklepie View Post
    This happened just a few miles from me, in a town with very little crime - I've talked to a lot of people today that were really freaked out about it. The only information I've heard about a suspect was that some people were suspicious of the wife, but I think their only basis was that she ran out of the house with one child and could have been leaving the other two kids with a gunman... seems odd, maybe, I don't know.

    It's eerie to think of that happening so close to home, though - I go out walking almost every night and never think twice about it. It's easily one of the safest communities I've ever lived in.
    I do find her story somewhat odd.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    294
    They could clear her story up pretty quickly with a GSR test, unless, of course she hired someone. Still, I don't know that if I wanted someone dead and hired someone else to do the deed, that I would let them shoot me. Nope, not even in the arm.

    Doesn't sound like the family suspects the wife at this time.

    From your link:

    Matt was my cousin. He was just a great person all around. I would pull his hair when i was a little girl and he still had hair. I will really miss seeing him up at the hopital because he would take me around and tell everyone who i was and they would all say that i look like his daughter, nomi. The whole family is having a very hard time. I was with them all day yesterday and nomi keeps going around saying where's daddy, i want daddy. I dont think that any of us really know how to answer that. So please just pray for the family. And please pray for Angel because she might have to have surgery today because she was actually hit in the wrist, through and through.

    It would be hard to leave another child in the house with an intruder, but I could understand that if another child was in the basement or a bedroom out of sight, while one child was in the room near you, it would be feasible to grab the child most accessible and pray that the other one would hide or leave through a window. I'd imagine under the circumstances she would be panicked.

    I might have missed it, but does anyone know how old the children are? As in, are they old enough to be witnesses?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?S=10513922

    The investigation into who killed a Mooresville father continued Wednesday night. Matthew Stewart, 31, was killed for no apparent reason, and his wife who survived describes the shooter as a silent killer.
    Angela Stewart told police an intruder came into her bedroom and started shooting without ever saying a word. She said she has no idea why anyone would target her family.
    Police said It does not appear that anything was stolen from the home, and it is possible this was a random murder.
    The police chief said he is not ruling anything out, but he also said that neighbors in the Gabriel Estates subdivision should not be overly concerned. (more at link)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    335

    Hmmmmm

    From link above:

    She rang the doorbell, and then she come to the door, and she looked at me and said she'd been shot," said Mike Lawson.
    Lawson said Angela was carrying her two-year-old son, and they were both covered in blood. Lawson added that Angela never mentioned her six-year-old daughter was still sleeping inside.
    "When the police finally went into the house, they got her first," said Lawson. "We were looking through the window, and we saw the police officer... come out the front door with her."

    I find it very odd that she did not even mention that her 6 year old was still inside. NEVER would I have left my child inside with a killer much less not told anyone she was inside.

    Hucklepie, I live in a community just a few miles North where we have seen 2 couples murdered in their homes in recent years. This area was always just a sleepy, safe little town, but not anymore.

    My bet is that this crime was personal and whoever did this had a target in mind going in.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by spclk View Post
    From link above:

    She rang the doorbell, and then she come to the door, and she looked at me and said she'd been shot," said Mike Lawson.
    Lawson said Angela was carrying her two-year-old son, and they were both covered in blood. Lawson added that Angela never mentioned her six-year-old daughter was still sleeping inside.
    "When the police finally went into the house, they got her first," said Lawson. "We were looking through the window, and we saw the police officer... come out the front door with her."

    I find it very odd that she did not even mention that her 6 year old was still inside. NEVER would I have left my child inside with a killer much less not told anyone she was inside.

    Hucklepie, I live in a community just a few miles North where we have seen 2 couples murdered in their homes in recent years. This area was always just a sleepy, safe little town, but not anymore.

    My bet is that this crime was personal and whoever did this had a target in mind going in.
    Sorry, I must have missed that part.

    Does sound very odd. I'm usually saying "I hope it wasn't the husband" but this time I hope it wasn't the wife

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?S=10513922

    The investigation into who killed a Mooresville father continued Wednesday night. Matthew Stewart, 31, was killed for no apparent reason, and his wife who survived describes the shooter as a silent killer.
    Silent killer = someone with a recognizable voice?

    Sure does sound personal.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    OBX, NC
    Posts
    280
    The local newspaper had an article about it online today and said that the only description the wife has been able to provide of the killer is that it was a tall male. That, to me, doesn't do much to relieve the community of suspicion - granted, I've never been face-to-face with a killer, but you'd think she'd know SOMETHING more than "He was tall."

    Local opinion is still that the wife was involved. The husband who was shot was a nurse at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    181
    Paging Ball and Farese. Ball and Farese, please pick up the white phone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,666
    Geez.. I hate to say it but i have a red flag going up on this one... from the first read thru of the stroy and nothing in the subsquent posts have changed that.. hmm however I have been wrong before .. but not often
    I hope I am in this case for the sake ofthe kids... otherwise it will be another set of children who will have lost both parents and have a legacy of horror.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    25
    I live in the area and have a red flag going up as well. I have a lot of questions - were there signs of forced entry? When did this alleged gunman get out of the house - while she was banging on the neighbors' door? If that is the case, she would have been able to see how he left - on foot? In a car? There have not been a lot of details released and not a lot of local coverage. By all accounts they were a loving, church going couple but something is weird here. The fact that the police have said that Mooresville should not be alarmed about a random killer on the loose says a lot, IMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    OBX, NC
    Posts
    280
    It's not an especially busy neighborhood, either, so it's likely that a car couldn't have gone speeding away without someone noticing, even late at night. The local newspaper is full of people defending the couple and not many people are willing to speak up with suspicions, but I'm thinking it HAS to be an inside kind of thing. None of my coworkers have been worried, and I've hardly heard anyone mention it around town outside of the newspaper article.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    181
    I meant to say "Paging Ballin and Farese".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IN - Paula Stewart, 15, Hobart, 28 June 1980
    By Richard in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 01:14 AM

Tags for this Thread