Funeral arrangements made for Nevaeh

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090610/METRO/906100417/1361/Funeral-arrangements-made-for-Nevaeh

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visitation: noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday

Where: Merkle Funeral Home, 2442 N. Monroe St in Monroe.

Final Visitation and Funeral: Final visitation will be at 11 a.m. Saturday with a funeral at noon at the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center, 1199 Stewart Road.

Interment: Burial will be at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, 909 N. Monroe St.

RIP Little angel I hope you are in the arms of an angel.

Oh, my. I wonder why the funeral was not scheduled for Friday? The families are going to be beyond exhausted by Saturday morning. Please know that I am not trying to be critical.

Fly with the Angels, little Nevaeh.

:rose:

I wonder if they will have a televised memorial service for the community? This community was hit hard by Nevaeh's death, I'm just curious.

If any locals plan to go please let us know how it is.

http://www.wwj.com/pages/4579250.php?

Thursday, 11 June 2009 11:34AM

10,000 Expected To Say Goodbye To Nevaeh

...Officials at the Merkle Funeral Home in Monroe are expecting up to ten thousand people to pay final respects to Nevaeh and to show support. Visitations run from noon Thursday and will continue through tomorrow. The funeral will be noon Saturday at the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center, with burial at St. Joesph Cemetery.

Funeral director Brian Merkle said the family felt an obligation for a public service given how this tragedy has struck the community. In terms of the funeral itself, Merkle said not all expenses have been covered. "There is a huge outcry from the community. There have been many things donated since then, but there are still expenses not paid for," he said...

Nevaehfuneral.jpg

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...welcome-at-funeral-home-for-Nevaeh-visitation

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Public welcome at funeral home for Nevaeh visitation

... There are photos arranged in two collages in the back of the visitation room -- pictures of Nevaeh as a baby, covered in birthday cake and with schoolmates.

There are also separate photos of her smiling, holding signs of the month. There's a picture of her holding January and February, March and April and even May...

Are any locals attending? We had locals in CA that attended the Cantu memorial.

Good point, Chilly. I really hope i misinterpreted the article.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090613/NEWS16/906139954

Article published June 13, 2009

Young Nevaeh finally laid to rest

As the hearse carrying the small coffin of five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan slowed Saturday afternoon before a crowd of about 100 people gathered at her favorite park, dozens of helium balloons were launched heavenward...

...The celebration of life service also featured poems written for Nevaeh by her father, a song about the young girl and the life she had lived, and a video slide show that showed happy moments from a life cut short by an assailant who has yet to be caught...

...To showcase Nevaeh’s love of motorcycles, the hearse was pulled by a single Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and there were at least 100 motorcyclists who rode in the procession, which was led by 10 police motorcycles...

In a perfect world, there would be no such thing as a child sized coffin.

Rest in Peace Nevaeh.

Nevaeh3.jpg

nevaeh_20090612193819_320_240.jpg

nevaeh4.jpg

Such a beautiful thread. Here is a link about the funeral and mom is there. This is from about 20 minutes ago.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090613/NEWS06/90613016/1007/NEWS05

Thanks Eyes4crime, In your link it says Navaeh's uncle read a poem written by Ferna Lary Mills and dedicated to children who have been murdered. I thought I'd post it so everyone here could read it:

No Fear In Heaven

“Horrific as our life now seems, one thing remains quite true,
Our little ones have now been freed to do things angels do.
They can't recall the horrors of those last days they were here,
They remember not the terror, the hurt, nor the fear.

There is no fear in Heaven. No more sorrow, only Joy.
It's filled with joyous laughter from each little girl and boy.”

Thank you so much, Scandi. It is a beautiful poem with such comforting words. Our hearts bleed for these darling little ones,so vulnerable. Neveah is at peace in the arms of the angels.

Rest in Peace Nevaeh.

Nevaeh3.jpg

nevaeh_20090612193819_320_240.jpg

nevaeh4.jpg

i went to Monroe for the balloon release and was standing just down from these kids.

it was very sad watching the procession but it was something i felt i needed to do. i've followed so many cases and since i live fairly close to Monroe, i just wanted to go. to see all those balloons go up when Nevaeh went by was just awesome.

RIP Sweet Nevaeh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back