GUILTY TX - Aaron Hart for molesting 6yo boy, Paris, 2008

capoly

Reaction score
Teen gets 100 years for child sex abuse

PARIS, Texas (AP) — A teenager who has profound mental disabilities was sentenced to 100 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges in a sex abuse case involving his 6-year-old neighbor.

Hart has an IQ of 47 and was diagnosed as mentally disabled as a child. He never learned to read or write and speaks unsteadily.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-06-10-child-abuse_N.htm

Considering all the scumbags that are let loose with only slaps on the hand this story is a wower. Not saying this teenager should be out walking the streets but with an IQ of 47 he shouldn't be in any Texas prison.

Considering all the scumbags that are let loose with only slaps on the hand this story is a wower. Not saying this teenager should be out walking the streets but with an IQ of 47 he shouldn't be in any Texas prison.

I could not agree with you more. I mean really, WTF?

GMAB - WS is FULL of repeat offenders that got WAY less time than this teen.

GMAB - WS is FULL of repeat offenders that got WAY less time than this teen.

I saw the headline and thought it is about time they start handing out real sentences that keep these predators off the street and then I read the rest of it. Shaking head.

This is terrible and unjust. I hope the appeal is upheld.

He plead guilty which makes the appeals process much more complicated. It will immediately bog down into whether he waived his right to an appeal by admitting guilt.

Lamar County Judge Eric Clifford decided to stack the sentences against Hart after jurors settled on two five-year terms and three 30-year terms, The Dallas Morning News reported Wednesday. The judge said neither he nor jurors liked the idea of prison for Hart but they felt there was no other option.
"In the state of Texas, there isn't a whole lot you can do with somebody like him," Clifford said. :rolleyes:

Where are the ACLU and the disability special interest groups when someone seriously needs them like this poor guy? Isn't there some largely funded public group that could provide him with more than a public defender to help him with his appeal?

What is going on here? Crazy! It seems like the justice system is picking on the weak. This guy needs some kind of incarceration/monitoring but not prison.

There are so many proven, documented cases of LE getting false confessions out of mentally challenged people that I'm not sure this kid is even guilty. But if he IS, I wonder why the courts have sentenced him so heavily when right this very second we are searching for two baby girls who have probably been molested and killed by the sex offenders their mommas took up with.

In NO way do I condone abuse of any sort of any person, big or small. But this sentence seems incredible because of all the other REPEAT SEX OFFENDERS who are out on our streets TODAY.

This kid is going to be a sitting duck in prison. He won't have the ability to navigate the prison system, he certainly won't know how to protect himself.

Given his IQ, it is hard to believe that he would have been allowed to plead guilty.

Where are the ACLU and the disability special interest groups when someone seriously needs them like this poor guy? Isn't there some largely funded public group that could provide him with more than a public defender to help him with his appeal?

Where the F was his attorney? They let him plead guilty to multiple counts with no agreement reached for recommended sentencing. They should have their license revoked. If he couldn't get this handled pretrial this is a trial case all the way. Did he know what he was doing was wrong? The mom of the boy supposedly walked in on him fondling the boy so it doesn't seem to me he was hiding?

Obviously his lawyer skipped the day on plea deals...

I find this whole thing really disturbing... That there are truly dangerous SOs who know what they are doing is wrong getting slaps on the wrists or probation and this innocent who probably didn't realize he was doing anything wrong who needed to be controlled on proper medication to control his biological impulses which he doesn't have the IQ to know how to act upon properly gets a life sentence. I only hope his family has the resources to get the help they need to get the conviction and sentence reduced on appeal.

About using medication to control any impulses. Imo there is nothing that is going to cure a preditor.
I used to work with the mentally disabled and unfortunatly learned there are sexual preditors who have learned how to abuse those who are weaker than them. I have known ones who abused little children, it did not matter they were their niece or nephew, I have also known ones who abused the family dog. There was one who looked for his victims at church in the mens bathroom.
Sending him to general population in a Texas prison is not the answer, but turning him out into the neighborhood isn't the answer either.
The article says how he earned money by doing chores around the neighborhood. My thoughts are that at sometime, he was probably a target himself, also, I would bet this 6 yo is not his first victim.

VB

With an IQ that low who's to say he knew what he was doing and wasn't just repeating something done to him?

This case makes me sick. When the Average IQ is 90-100, he's about halfway 'there'.

I do think he deserves some kind of punishment or treatment for the crime he committed but as many of you have said, other SO's get a slap on the wrist. This is a huge case of sentencing disparity and a miscarriage of justice in my opinion. I really hope that someone can help him. People with such a low IQ and severe mental disabilities don't belong in prison. He most certainly will be taken advantage of by other inmates, and if he ever is granted an appeal and is released, the abuse that he's incurred will probably make him even more violent and prone to criminal behavior.

An IQ of 47, and a prison sentence of 100 years

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...person+with+IQ+of+47&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is a little more info though this article is dated April 7 so not sure where the case stands now. The 6 year old boy was also mentally disabled.

Oh, God. This article says he has been repeatedly raped while in jail. This just makes me sick.

I understand that the article may not contain all the pertinent information, but it is interesting to me that it states he was found behind a shed with the 6 year old and HE had his pants down; I am reading this to mean the six year old was NOT unclothed........I know the six year old didn't have to be unclothed to be abused, but it makes me wonder what really went on.

This kid was failed by his lawyer, big time. The judge can "agonize" all he wants, but what has happened is that he essentially sentenced a boy with the mental capacity of a nine year old to be abused for the rest of his life, since it sounds like the jail is doing NOTHING to protect h

Oh, God. This article says he has been repeatedly raped while in jail. This just makes me sick.

I understand that the article may not contain all the pertinent information, but it is interesting to me that it states he was found behind a shed with the 6 year old and HE had his pants down; I am reading this to mean the six year old was NOT unclothed........I know the six year old didn't have to be unclothed to be abused, but it makes me wonder what really went on.

This kid was failed by his lawyer, big time. The judge can "agonize" all he wants, but what has happened is that he essentially sentenced a boy with the mental capacity of a nine year old to be abused for the rest of his life, since it sounds like the jail is doing NOTHING to protect h

All I can say is that I am glad this miscarriage is getting attention. I hope that the people with power step up and do the right thing. I personally can't abide the thought of any human being in jail - much less being assaulted and abused in jail - so the thought of a mentally slow person enduring this really tears me up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back