775 users online (99 members and 676 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crystal Lake, Il
    Posts
    162

    What makes this case so intriguing?

    With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

    I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

    Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

    I just don't get it. What makes her case so intriguing?
    http://kimmysharinglight.com/

    Many people can talk the talk, some people really know how to walk the walk, but it is a rare few who get to dance the dance!


    ઇઉ Kimmy aka Cassata

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassata11 View Post
    With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

    I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

    Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

    I just don't get it. What makes her case so intriguing?
    Darlie's case won't be over until she is put to death. Until then, she will keep fighting for her freedom. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

    I think everyone would like to believe a mother couldn't kill her own children, so perhaps we keep coming back to see what new evidence the Darlie defense team is throwing out there. Sadly, I haven't seen anything that would exonerate her.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,681
    As long as the "cult" of Darlie is "out in public" then of course she uses the public and "her followers t "advance her cause" that she was railroaded, etc.

    I don't find it hard to believe she killed her kids. In the last 13 years since she murdered her sons, there has been (unfortunately) many, many more cases where Mothers have murdered their children.

    When will the ultimate sentence be carried out. I understand that the criminals justice system in the USA is loathe to execute women.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassata11 View Post
    With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

    I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

    Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

    I just don't get it. What makes her case so intriguing?
    I think it's the why. Why did she do this?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    I think it's the why. Why did she do this?
    Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSueMe View Post
    Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.
    I agree with that. I think it was revenge against Darin. I too believe he has feelings of guilt and that's why he stands by her. It's easy to see, her anger on the 911 call was at Darin. Whatever happened in those hours before the murders is what set her off.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSueMe View Post
    Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.

    bold by me

    I agree with the bolded part. I'm not so sure about the punishing Darin part, though. When you look back through Darlie's history, it seems she had a pattern of "drama queen" behaviors likely to draw attention and sympathy. Like when Darin wouldn't leave his own graduation party with her when she wanted to leave. He was getting all the attention and she couldn't tolerate it. So she left by herself only to return claiming to have been attacked. End of party. I kind of think she committed this crime because her life as she had known it was slipping away. The money, the material stuff, all coming to an end. So she did what she's always done before, she created a "dramatic" diversion. I think she was looking for some drastic change in her life. She got one.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-23-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: broken quote

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southcentral Pennsylvania
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSueMe View Post
    Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.
    I agree.

    Barbara Jovell testified that Darin and Darlie were having terrible fights in the months leading up to the murders. He was ridiculing Darlie for her weight gain, and she was going ballistic over the unpaid bills. They were two months behind on their mortgage payments, $12,000 credit card debt, and $10,000 in unpaid taxes.

    Two days before the murders, Darin was denied a $5,000 loan from First Bank, which was to pay for Darlie's upcoming trip to Cancun with her girlfriends. The reason: "Excessive obligation in relation to income."

    Darlie's big, beautiful bubble had burst.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    I agree.

    Barbara Jovell testified that Darin and Darlie were having terrible fights in the months leading up to the murders. He was ridiculing Darlie for her weight gain, and she was going ballistic over the unpaid bills. They were two months behind on their mortgage payments, $12,000 credit card debt, and $10,000 in unpaid taxes.

    Two days before the murders, Darin was denied a $5,000 loan from First Bank, which was to pay for Darlie's upcoming trip to Cancun with her girlfriends. The reason: "Excessive obligation in relation to income."

    Darlie's big, beautiful bubble had burst.
    Yes, that's included in what I mean revenge. I can't get past her anger on the 911 call so I believe she was furious that night...she was losing everything, her marriage, her house, her money, etc. No more trips, no more pawn shop jewellery, no more mother's day bashes and of course she was blaming Darin for it all. Look at where she was headed..social assistance with three kids, no alimony, no child support and as Sosueme says...it was a "you're not getting my children" sort of scenario.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    DFW area
    Posts
    1,144
    To the OP...I check here regularly to see if there are any updates on what should be her final years. I have no anger toward her, but absolutely no sympathy. I just would like to know that she can't get away with it. And, yes, I am from Texas and have followed her case.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    Yes, that's included in what I mean revenge. I can't get past her anger on the 911 call so I believe she was furious that night...she was losing everything, her marriage, her house, her money, etc. No more trips, no more pawn shop jewellery, no more mother's day bashes and of course she was blaming Darin for it all. Look at where she was headed..social assistance with three kids, no alimony, no child support and as Sosueme says...it was a "you're not getting my children" sort of scenario.

    Not to mention that she thought Darin was cheating on her with her own sister. That very evening after dinner, Darin had driven Darlie's sister home and was gone what Darlie thought was too long. Personally, I don't think it had anything to do with "you're not getting my children" .... I think she did what she did for the same reason she pulled her drama scenes in the past ... for attention. Attention to HER. I'll bet she could just imagine all the sympathy, donations and "special" treatment she would have gotten if those pesky detectives hadn't figured it out.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    In fact, I recall reading somewhere that Darlie had once said she "couldn't stand the thought of Sarilda getting her children." Sarilda is Darin's mother (Darlie's mother-in-law). I believe Darlie made this statement when she was first arrested, which made me think back to a possible reason as to why she would have wanted the boys dead if she (Darlie) were to take her own life. She probably knew Darin would need Sarilda's help in raising the boys. Does anyone remember Darlie making this statement?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassata11 View Post
    With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

    I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

    Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

    I just don't get it. What makes her case so intriguing?
    oh yes juries are never wrong

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    I agree.

    Barbara Jovell testified that Darin and Darlie were having terrible fights in the months leading up to the murders. He was ridiculing Darlie for her weight gain, and she was going ballistic over the unpaid bills. They were two months behind on their mortgage payments, $12,000 credit card debt, and $10,000 in unpaid taxes.

    Two days before the murders, Darin was denied a $5,000 loan from First Bank, which was to pay for Darlie's upcoming trip to Cancun with her girlfriends. The reason: "Excessive obligation in relation to income."

    Darlie's big, beautiful bubble had burst.
    lol this is motive? so darrin and/or darlie would kill there kids over stupid petty fights that couples have every day.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    lol this is motive? so darrin and/or darlie would kill there kids over stupid petty fights that couples have every day.
    Suggest you read the trial transcripts so you can learn something about the crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?
    By Theonly1 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 01:02 AM

Tags for this Thread