Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Continue here.

Thread One:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Two:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Three:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84242"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Four:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84312"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Five:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Six:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3797132#post3797132"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6 - Page 47 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6 - Page 47 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Seven:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84609"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Eight:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84761"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost mine almost nine years ago and the sorrow still takes my breath away sometimes. How could this man, guilty or not, just sit there like a stone? How could this woman lie, cheat, steal and destroy this family? For what purpose?

This is as much evil as I have ever witnessed in a crime. That video (of the deer being strangled) was put up in December of 2008 - what if Sheri WAS aware of it? What if it was another form of threatening letter? Sheri would have known that CC (along with with Brad?) had studied the Krav Maga. Was she meant to see how easily (and cruelly) life could be snuffed out? Or was she exposing that cruelty in the only way she could?

We who continue to mourn the loss of a mother, a husband a child - will never truly understand the depravity of these monsters - and that's a good thing. I think CC is like "Old Yeller", a rabid dog, and he should be put to sleep so that he cannot harm anyone else.

I never thought of the video in that way Lindadanette,............in that it could have been (an additional way) for Sheri to speak from beyond the grave. The information about the misspelling on the alleged threats was pointed out by Sheri herself, {ironic}, then the video...........These points occurring prior to her death. :(

This case is so sad it makes me weep. It doesn't matter how many of these same scenario cases show up on the pages of Websleuths and beyond, it always ends the same. A (or multiple) beautiful life snuffed out waaayyy too soon for one person's selfish, self-centered, evil reasons. Something we can't understand and most of us don't really want to even go there. Such a deep, dark place in one's mind where we could make sense of it all.

There is NO humanly reason for crimes such as this to occur. Just {evil}.

Bless Sheri's family and friends. They've still got a long road ahead of them in their quest for justice for their lost loved ones. It's not going to be easy in the months and years ahead. But they seem strong. They'll make it.

As for Chris. IMO, he's done. He's toast. He'll pop up in the news now and then. There will be a, most likely, lengthy trial and either a DP or LWOP sentence. He'll be given his Rights. It's just too bad that he's receiving his Rights at the expense of Sheri and the boy's lives.

Sad, just all around heartbreaking.

JMHO
fran

The fact that TL was looking to move here tells me that she really did believe that CC planned to get divorced and nothing else. Why? Because his sons were here and she probably figured that he would get joint custody. If she had known about anything else, IMO they wouldn't be looking to stay here but rather get as far away as possible.

And CC's dad asking about his injury in the ambulance...did the thought that he could have done this cross his mind at that point? Leads me to believe that possibly no one saw this coming.

(taken from the http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...70DB7BD94D4BAE84862575D20012B7CF?OpenDocument)

The small courtroom in Waterloo was packed with nearly 50 reporters and onlookers — among them a woman in a black T-shirt depicting an electric chair and the message, "I saved you a seat." (I love this woman!)

ALSO: Reached by cell phone Wednesday, Lintz responded: "Yeah, I'm not gonna talk, thanks." (she finally answered her phone)

ALSO: Later Wednesday, the family presented Cardinals tickets and signed jerseys to two Columbia boys who raised more than $5,000 for a memorial to Sheri, Garett and Gavin. (I saw this on the news & it was Sheri's family that gave the boys jerseys signed by Yadier Molina & Albert Pujols from the coach, Tony Larussa).

(taken from the http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...70DB7BD94D4BAE84862575D20012B7CF?OpenDocument)

The small courtroom in Waterloo was packed with nearly 50 reporters and onlookers — among them a woman in a black T-shirt depicting an electric chair and the message, "I saved you a seat." (I love this woman!)

ALSO: Reached by cell phone Wednesday, Lintz responded: "Yeah, I'm not gonna talk, thanks." (she finally answered her phone)

ALSO: Later Wednesday, the family presented Cardinals tickets and signed jerseys to two Columbia boys who raised more than $5,000 for a memorial to Sheri, Garett and Gavin. (I saw this on the news & it was Sheri's family that gave the boys jerseys signed by Yadier Molina & Albert Pujols from the coach, Tony Larussa).

The little things that break your heart. . .

I found a site made by one of Sheri's friends who took photos of Sheri as a "defender of the faith":

http://www.meghanwilliams.com/gallery/2008/DefendersoftheFaith/index2.html

She is so vibrant, so alive.

With regard to the link FOXTERRIER posted above, I have a few questions/observations. My comments are in red.

"The two planned to marry next year, and the woman was looking for work in the St. Louis area, according to Edwards. He said Coleman told her May 4 that Sheri would be served with divorce papers the next day."
So he sets this up telling Tara that Sheri's going to be served the papers on the 5th and he doesn't think that murdering his entire family is going to look at all coincidental when it happens that very day?

"Also, Coleman had numerous credit cards — some held jointly with his girlfriend and some that included his girlfriend's and his wife's names."
What what?? Cards with Sheri and Tara's name on them?? Was he that stupid that he had to put both names on them so he didn't have to keep track of what he spent on who??

"Police previously have said that a ligature was used to strangle Sheri Coleman, 31, and sons Garett, 11, and Gavin, 9. All were found dead in their beds." Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the condition of the bodies when found if they were killed elsewhere and moved back to their beds? I know it's easier to do when more blood is involved such as shooting or stabbing but I was not sure re strangulation. I ask specifically in reference to Garett because he had an obscenity spraypainted on his sheets. I wonder if he came to Sheri's rescue and that merited the obscenity or I also wonder AND THIS NEXT PART IS COMPLETE SPECULATION ON MY PART so please take it with a huge grain of salt...could Chris have been sick enough to possibly believe that Garett was not his child and that warranted the obscenity on the sheets?

With regard to the link FOXTERRIER posted above, I have a few questions/observations. My comments are in red.

"The two planned to marry next year, and the woman was looking for work in the St. Louis area, according to Edwards. He said Coleman told her May 4 that Sheri would be served with divorce papers the next day."
So he sets this up telling Tara that Sheri's going to be served the papers on the 5th and he doesn't think that murdering his entire family is going to look at all coincidental when it happens that very day?

"Also, Coleman had numerous credit cards — some held jointly with his girlfriend and some that included his girlfriend's and his wife's names."
What what?? Cards with Sheri and Tara's name on them?? Was he that stupid that he had to put both names on them so he didn't have to keep track of what he spent on who??

"Police previously have said that a ligature was used to strangle Sheri Coleman, 31, and sons Garett, 11, and Gavin, 9. All were found dead in their beds." Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the condition of the bodies when found if they were killed elsewhere and moved back to their beds? I know it's easier to do when more blood is involved such as shooting or stabbing but I was not sure re strangulation. I ask specifically in reference to Garett because he had an obscenity spraypainted on his sheets. I wonder if he came to Sheri's rescue and that merited the obscenity or I also wonder AND THIS NEXT PART IS COMPLETE SPECULATION ON MY PART so please take it with a huge grain of salt...could Chris have been sick enough to possibly believe that Garett was not his child and that warranted the obscenity on the sheets?

BBM
She was "served" alright. :(

OMG, little boy spray painted with curse words, as reported by NG.
The man totally hated his family.
But I assume he has some mental issues also.

I am beyond frustrated, I so want to follow this case on this forum, but I cannot make heads nor tails of anything all clustered like this. I lost patience a few threads ago, there's just no way to keep up. We need a forum for this case, threads for rumors, crime scene, church, etc. Please, please.

IMHO, from what I've read, there is a way for LE to tell a body has been moved after death.

Upon death the blood begins to settle at the lowest point. When the body is moved, the blood will then begin collecting in the 'new' low,...........however, there is left a shadow, of sorts, of where the blood had originally begun to collect.

That's my unscientific and layman's understanding.

JMHO
fran

OMG, little boy spray painted with curse words, as reported by NG.
The man totally hated his family.
But I assume he has some mental issues also.

If he had "clinical" mental issues, I would think they would have manifested long before the age of 33. (Of course he's mental - he more than likely killed his wife and kids) I would imagine that as a "registered, licensed" guard, he was given some kind of psych test at some point - military or otherwise.

I find it interesting that you brought this up - is that the defense you think his legal team is going to use?

I'm almost certain that with any murder case that LE has the 'evidence' of guilt and the def attorney KNOWS it, an insanity plea is always considered. IMHO, it most likely will be the 'premeditation' that will be the linch pin on whether they can claim that route or not.

As with the Hacking case, it was obvious he was mentally unstable. His actions prior to the actual crime were somewhat bizarre AND he did try to cover-up his crime. However, his actions within 24 hours of Lori being reported missing SHOWED, IMHO, his delicate mental state. He acted completely bizarre and ended in a hospital because of his actions, immediately.

While Chris acted-up the day his wife and sons were found murdered, he quickly regained his sanity and lawyered up. IMHO, this points to his bizarre actions in front of the murder scene home as part of his staging. The alleged threats that have been now linked back to HIM and HIM ALONE, reek of premeditation.

Nah,...........his def lawyer, IMHO, is gonna go for the SODDI did it. Just watch. I see from a few posts I observed yesterday on other forums, they're already flying out the possible scenarios,...........ie, like I mentioned before, the chain of possession of his computer (somebody else could have sent it), the air card chain of possession, etc., etc., etc..

Who knows? Maybe this was Chris' plan all along. He knew LE would look to him so he set all this alleged threat junk up and figures there will be just ONE juror his def will be able to convince that it really was SODDI and they even set it up for Chris to take the fall.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........

Killing your entire family and YOU being accused and tried and convicted.

Yeah,...........I can totally see the defense going with that one. :behindbar

JMHO
fran

Fran, I do agree with you on the potential SODDI theory being used by defense.

I thought to myself this morning upon reading the article where it mentions the LE officer who is CC's neighbor being involved in CC's side security business that they might even throw HIM under the bus.

I am beyond frustrated, I so want to follow this case on this forum, but I cannot make heads nor tails of anything all clustered like this. I lost patience a few threads ago, there's just no way to keep up. We need a forum for this case, threads for rumors, crime scene, church, etc. Please, please.
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on that thought. This case has already lost a lot of steam on this board. This thread moves quite slowly actually compared to many others. It hardly pays to give it it's own forum when one can read only one thead and keep up fairly easily. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it is what it is.

I'm almost certain that with any murder case that LE has the 'evidence' of guilt and the def attorney KNOWS it, an insanity plea is always considered. IMHO, it most likely will be the 'premeditation' that will be the linch pin on whether they can claim that route or not.

As with the Hacking case, it was obvious he was mentally unstable. His actions prior to the actual crime were somewhat bizarre AND he did try to cover-up his crime. However, his actions within 24 hours of Lori being reported missing SHOWED, IMHO, his delicate mental state. He acted completely bizarre and ended in a hospital because of his actions, immediately.

While Chris acted-up the day his wife and sons were found murdered, he quickly regained his sanity and lawyered up. IMHO, this points to his bizarre actions in front of the murder scene home as part of his staging. The alleged threats that have been now linked back to HIM and HIM ALONE, reek of premeditation.

Nah,...........his def lawyer, IMHO, is gonna go for the SODDI did it. Just watch. I see from a few posts I observed yesterday on other forums, they're already flying out the possible scenarios,...........ie, like I mentioned before, the chain of possession of his computer (somebody else could have sent it), the air card chain of possession, etc., etc., etc..

Who knows? Maybe this was Chris' plan all along. He knew LE would look to him so he set all this alleged threat junk up and figures there will be just ONE juror his def will be able to convince that it really was SODDI and they even set it up for Chris to take the fall.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........

Killing your entire family and YOU being accused and tried and convicted.

Yeah,...........I can totally see the defense going with that one. :behindbar

JMHO
fran

I'm going to spin of of Fran's post. There is absolutely no way that an insanity pleas will work in this case, imo. For this to legally work, there would have to have been consistant signs of mental illness. There has not been one word, sign, or anything remotely showing this as a fact.

This being, CC, is the epitomy of evil. Selfish living entitlement that never thought for a second, "this is a real bad idea". :rolleyes: And, to kill the way he did, with planning, shows he knew exactly what he was doing. There is no mental deficit here. Zero.

I've been thinking - always a dangerous thing according to Mr. Who Knew? :D -
With the evidence presented, especially the TOD, are there still hold outs who believe he may be innocent? I was wondering specifically in the case of his family - having heard the evidence so far presented, they may support him, but wouldn't they KNOW he's guilty? He didn't even LOOK at his family and supporters - wouldn't that make you think he was afraid or ashamed to look at them. Or maybe he's just angry that his little "Once upon a time" didn't work out for him?

I keep thinking in regards to the TOD - it's not like he can say he left at 5:45 not realizing they were already dead. Saying he thought they were asleep seems a little far-fetched to me, even if they pretend the spray painting was done after he left.

Obviously, I'm trying to see how TOD doesn't automatically prove he's guilty - at this point, I think I am no longer able to even consider the possibility that he could be acquitted.........

If he had "clinical" mental issues, I would think they would have manifested long before the age of 33. (Of course he's mental - he more than likely killed his wife and kids) I would imagine that as a "registered, licensed" guard, he was given some kind of psych test at some point - military or otherwise.

I find it interesting that you brought this up - is that the defense you think his legal team is going to use?

I think the only mental issues he has are a lower-than-average IQ and an off-the-charts dose of narcissism.

Originally Posted by Lindadanette View Post
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost mine almost nine years ago and the sorrow still takes my breath away sometimes. How could this man, guilty or not, just sit there like a stone? How could this woman lie, cheat, steal and destroy this family? For what purpose?

This is as much evil as I have ever witnessed in a crime. That video (of the deer being strangled) was put up in December of 2008 - what if Sheri WAS aware of it? What if it was another form of threatening letter? Sheri would have known that CC (along with with Brad?) had studied the Krav Maga. Was she meant to see how easily (and cruelly) life could be snuffed out? Or was she exposing that cruelty in the only way she could?

We who continue to mourn the loss of a mother, a husband a child - will never truly understand the depravity of these monsters - and that's a good thing. I think CC is like "Old Yeller", a rabid dog, and he should be put to sleep so that he cannot harm anyone else.

Thank You so much, I am also sorry for your loss no matter the years that pass the loss of a Mother is a life long sorrow.
I think you are right about that video,maybe it was Sheri's way to expose this family for the cruelty that seems to run threw the family.I could never imagine losing not one but 2 beautiful grandsons, no matter the relationship with Sheri's family not one of them reached out in shared grief to her family. I am not crazy about my mikey 's other Grandmother,but God Forbid a tragedy like this one happened I would be reaching out to her not only with the shared loss by also for the loss of a daughter as well.For a family of God this family sure falls short.In his job he consoles others but not his own.This is not a true man of God in my eyes, but more likely a preacher who is in it for the money .If I was a member of his church,I would find myself another church not help fund a defense for a killer of ones own flesh and blood.I agree he is just like a rabid dog and if he does not get the death penalty why do they even have it.Tara is just as rabid to destroy a family for what? because she coveted what her friend had and look what he turned out to be.When will woman learn the loser they steal is not worth a dime IMO.

I think the only mental issues he has are a lower-than-average IQ and an off-the-charts dose of narcissism.

Just kicking around CC's twisted overdosed perverted mind here.......he did not admit of an affair.....he DID admit sending pics of body parts back and forth to MM (why do I keep thinking of severed body parts????...perhaps I have been reading too much on this site)

In my own way of trying to stand in his shoes.....he STILL wanted to prove himself worthy of having his job at JMM after this was all over with. Talk about being blinded by lust....how could he possibly envision getting away with all this and keeping his high paying job......

So much word, DomCasual.

High-functioning, or "successful" narcissists can mask their disorders for fairly long periods of time. They seem "off" to some folks, but most folks just think they are a bit arrogant and make excuses for them. His wife probably made excuses and/or blamed herself for any strife in the marriage ("if I just try harder to be a better wife, he won't be so angry..."- of course this is just speculation, but my sister was married to a man with Narcissistic Personality Disorder).

Point being, if he has NPD or a similar personality disorder some of those characteristics would have been evident, if not 'diagnosed', but those people are masters of deception. And until he actually killed would have been limited to lying, cheating, stealing and adultery. Those personality types have such a massive sense of entitlement that they can justify any kind of rank behaviour. (Interestingly enough they usually are very judgmental about the behaviour of others and will be the first to cast stones about things they themselves are doing.) They also don't truly attach, which is how he could strangle his own small defenseless children, then spray paint their poor, lifeless bodies.

The evidence of long-term planning and his lame attempt to set up an intruder out to get him or JM shows that he knows murder is wrong. Since the standard of knowing right from wrong is clearly met he can not be declared insane for legal purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail