View Poll Results: Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

Voters
551. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

35 6.35%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

505 91.65%
  • Other

11 2.00%
Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    What happened to Caylee was a crime not only against her but against humanity/society. The public, at least those who want to know, should be able to know how one of their fellow humans was taken from this earth. It does not matter to me whether this info is released before or at trial, but clearly the Anthonys don't want public opinion affected any more than it has been, before trial. I'm okay with having it come out later, I think the truth is going to hit that jury like a ton of bricks - casey is going down big time. But I don't think the Anthonys have a valid argument for sealing those records now. I don't see how they have any standing to sue for such a thing as Caylee's closest living relative is still alive. casey would have standing to request it, not the Anthonys. But I highly doubt the court would entertain such a request form a person accused of murdering the child whose privacy they now want to protect. I say it comes out before trial.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    everything the SA/LE does causes them "anguish"---they don't want anything released except their version.....
    They don't want anything released except their daughter!

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Verité For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Thanks but the more I read that statement, the more it sounds like they have already read it and are trying further damage control on behalf of Casey. It's not so much the actual findings of how Caylee died (like so many other autopsy reports that have graphic details) but what the ME has probably detailed that points right back at Casey. MOO
    HA! They think that's bad------wait till the trial and it's all layin out on the table. All of it in one room---on National TV---pics and words and evidence. Wait til they hear over and over about duct tape/2 trash bags/canvas hamper/Caylee's bones dragged by animals/her flesh eaten away from bugs and small animals/thrown out in the swamp/Mother of the year out struttin her stuff/and who knows---we might even find out about ZG22. The dirtiest stuff will be brought out. See how they like it then.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Verité View Post

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

Maybe someday it will dawn on them that they could've been in the same place as Caylee and they'll be glad she's in jail. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by What'sThatClue View Post
    This is a very interesting read on FL law regarding autopsy results as public records. Generally, autopsy results are public record. However, autopsy photos are not public record (see FL Statutes Chapter 406.135) and are available only to next-of-kin or by court order .

http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Op...25659400683EA1

I might add that according to FL Statutes, there is no charge for a copy of autopsy results that are requested and sent electronically (e-mail) from a Florida (county) Medical Examiner's office.

Edited to add that several years back I obtained, at no cost, the complete autopsy report of Terri Schiavo, via e-mail.
    Super thanks for this What'sThatClue! I've got my work cut out for me.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verité For This Useful Post:

Super thanks for this What'sThatClue! I've got my work cut out for me.
    Yes it is Florida Law to release autopsy reports.
    I think they will release it next week.
    But I am sure they had to review some papers
    creating some delay.

they are obviously delaying every step and buying as much time as they can.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    First, IMO....BC, after his motion, made a comment to the effect of "there are no bombshells", etc. in the autopsy report....so, obviously, BC filed the motion (IMO, PURPOSELY the wrong way) on a "whim" because the A's said so????
    AND, he mentions he wants them released in court, where a coroner can "explain" the results....just WHO in the heck does he think analyzed the remains and wrote the report, Inspector Clouseau?????

ETA : These frivolous motions filed about "embarrassment" and "anguish" to KC and the A's get me soooo steamed that you can froth milk for a cappucino with it!!!
    "there are no bombshells" depends on who is listening.
    According to CA she told LKL that KC only stole once; only went to a party when the baby was missing once; no big deal what bomb shell????
    To me this entire case is one bomb shell after another.
    Women are Angels.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Maybe someday it will dawn on them that they could've been in the same place as Caylee and they'll be glad she's in jail. MOO
    I think they would still be in denial about that. (made bold)

I do not think they are in denial about much else.
    This entire case is so hard for me to digest, so as her parents I imagine that has not occurred to them yet.
    Women are Angels.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    They can legally share information. IMO, JB is using the lure of such information to keep the Anthony's in his good graces. JB doesn't want the Anthonys to let LE know the vital and damaging information regarding the events surrounding Caylee's murder. It behooves JB to keep the Anthonys wanting more and on "Casey's" side, it keeps them quiet. If it "appeared" to the Anthonys that they were being kept on the "outside" or to be thrown under the bus by JB they would be more likely to talk. I'm very sure JB is manipulating the Anthonys as much as the Anthonys are trying to manipulate everyone else.

IMO, it's a dangerous line JB is traveling in sharing information with counsel who is not hired to represent Casey. The atty-client privilege is not protected if JB shares anything with BC.
    What about the notion that the motion to defer autopsy release is preferred by the DP attorney, AL, who prepares for her capital cases with meticulous precision
    and record keeping? Buying time for her benefit so she can spin the autopsy results in the right direction to fit with her theory is my best guess
    about what's going on here. Of course, the As will be anguished if the results are released now before going through AL's wash, rinse, and spin cycle.

No one on the defense team--and I consider the As part of that team--want the public (and potential jury pool) to absorb the unabridged version of
    the autopsy results--not until AL has done her 'splainin' to help us know why KC is innocent. Not!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verité For This Useful Post:

Something interesting Autopsy-wise

Just stopping by to get everyone's opinion on the docs today. The newcaster from local channel here in Orlando said on his report tonight that he spoke with Dr. G, the medical examiner, and interviewed her within the past few days. She said that the cause of death on the autopsy report would remain homicide of unknown cause, BUT there is a portion of the autopsy report where she describes what she feels happened to Caylee based on all of the evidence and her findings at the time of the autopsy. That, to me, will be extremely interesting and extremely telling. Not sure if anyone was privy to that interview and I don't have a link, but it is WESH here in Orlando on their 6:00 local news report.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Florida Mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Mom View Post
    Just stopping by to get everyone's opinion on the docs today. The newcaster from local channel here in Orlando said on his report tonight that he spoke with Dr. G, the medical examiner, and interviewed her within the past few days. She said that the cause of death on the autopsy report would remain homicide of unknown cause, BUT there is a portion of the autopsy report where she describes what she feels happened to Caylee based on all of the evidence and her findings at the time of the autopsy. That, to me, will be extremely interesting and extremely telling. Not sure if anyone was privy to that interview and I don't have a link, but it is WESH here in Orlando on their 6:00 local news report.
    Red bold respectfully by me:
    I would think whatever "that" is was also very interesting and telling to the SA, enough to put the DP back on the table.
    JMHO of course

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kew17 For This Useful Post:

I, for one, will be absolutely riveted to my seat watching next weeks hearing on this matter! I think (and hope) we will see a courtroom drama like no other. I hope every media outlet out there has their attorneys in court to give their say on getting these results released. Particularly after the SA's objection to the defense's motion to continue, I think Judge Strickland is going to be about up to here with the carp. (I really like their wording in the objection...it was right on!) I just feel the Judge is going to kindly put the A's in their place and confirm to BC, that it really is NOT his place to even make such a request. Their special treatment of their special feelings is about to come to a close my friends.

It's gonna be good folks...it's gonna be good...I can feel it in my gut!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kew17 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ecs5298 View Post
    The one thing that keeps going through my mind is that what makes this different than any other information released in this case. Shouldn't it all cause anguish? So what makes this any different than anything else that has been released?

The A's just want to be calling the shots in this case. Judge Stan needs to make sure that they know they're not the ones calling the shots.
    Sheaffer takes some shots at Conway (& A's) for them thinking they can call the shots..He believes Judge Stan will rule against them..Here's the link for anyone who hasn't seen the video yet.

LEGAL EXPERT: Sheaffer On Withheld Autopsy Documents
    http://www.wftv.com/video/19738543/index.html

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Each one of us has our own personal take on such things. I'm speaking from where I view the subject. The LAST thing I want to think about is an autopsy and the details of how Caylee's remains were found. However, I've met friends on WS that are in the medical field who have a more professional interest in remains.

If we were all in a room together and someone was reading the autopsy results out loud, I'd be the one doubling over. I can't hardly handle putting "remains" and "Caylee" together. Although GA was totally RUDE in his depo when he was upset about the attorneys discussing Caylee's remains, I did understand how uncomfortable it was to hear the words.

Hope I typed that so you could understand where I'm coming from...I have a hard time explaining this tactfully.
    Thanks for explaining. I understand the part about it making anyone uncomfortable. I'm sure even those in the medical field must be affected in some ways when it's the death of a small child. What I still don't understand is how that translates into being disrespectful to Caylee. But thanks for trying.
    Opinion above.

wftv link
    Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is. "It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Baez said.
    How's that workin' for ya'?

Please click here to donate to TES

WARNING! EXTRA SPECIAL GRIEF CAUSES IRRITATION

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lin For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast