OR - Araceli Velasquez-Espain, 21, charged in death of newborn, 6 June 2009

What breaks my heart is the conversation I had with my daughter yesterday and she said a co-worker and her husband want a baby so badly. They do not have the money to go through an adoption agency, and here this woman throws her baby away. The little boy yestereday left abandoned on the side of the road and now this baby today. Terrible how the world is so broken sometimes.

Wow, my sister lives in Hermiston, OR.

INS is investigating but pretty sure she is an illegal alien. That means what...she is deported? We keep her here and in jail?

This whole mess boggles my mind.

What breaks my heart is the conversation I had with my daughter yesterday and she said a co-worker and her husband want a baby so badly. They do not have the money to go through an adoption agency, and here this woman throws her baby away. The little boy yestereday left abandoned on the side of the road and now this baby today. Terrible how the world is so broken sometimes.

I am so sorry about your daughter's friend and her husband. Is adoption always expensive? I know out of country ones can be expensive, but I thought domestic adoptions were more reasonable.

The reality is that the world is filled with many more unwanted children than parents who wish to adopt them.

I am so sorry about your daughter's friend and her husband. Is adoption always expensive? I know out of country ones can be expensive, but I thought domestic adoptions were more reasonable.

The reality is that the world is filled with many more unwanted children than parents who wish to adopt them.

My daughter said something like $20-30,000. She said they had already done in vitro. They did not have success and were finally told this process was not for them. They have already spent a great deal on in vitro.

I thought of this discarded baby and just knew somewhere, some family that wants a baby would have taken this little one in a heartbeat.

This has happened before in Oregon. I remember when I was a kid there was a news story about a young child (alive) who had been found in a roadside toilet.

It takes a special kind of evil to throw away your baby. And in a place where people relieve themselves, no less.

Foster to adopt is always an option. We live in Tn and we became foster to adopt parents in Oct 2001. We had a newborn (straight from hospital) healthy baby girl with Spanish heritage (beautiful big dark brown eyes and light brown hair) who we adopted and then a set of 5 month old blonde haired blue eyed twins (healthy boy/girl) that we also adopted. We tried for 10 years to have a baby and then a domestic private adoption and then IVF. All failing. Then we decided last resort to become foster parents. Best thing we ever did. Not only did we get to adopt three healthy babies, but we helped other children out for a few months until they could be returned to a parent. We also have state insurance for our children and it did not cost us a penny for their adoption. This may be something they need to think about. If they would like to talk to me about it and our experience, please haev them email me. I would love to talk to them.

This story breaks my heart, it seems like we are hearing so much in the news lately about tragedies involving children. It seems simple to me, if you are not in a place where you are ready to have a child, abstain, use birth control or give the child to a couple, who like the previous poster mentioned WANTS a child!! What are we, as a society, not providing these women with in terms of the right resources? Why aren't they reaching out?

I just don't have any words. I'll never understand how anyone can carry a precious baby for 9 months, feeling the movements, just knowing that that is a piece of you, and then kill it and/or throw it away. It takes a special kind of evil. These poor little angels never even got a chance :(

Foster to adopt is always an option. We live in Tn and we became foster to adopt parents in Oct 2001. We had a newborn (straight from hospital) healthy baby girl with Spanish heritage (beautiful big dark brown eyes and light brown hair) who we adopted and then a set of 5 month old blonde haired blue eyed twins (healthy boy/girl) that we also adopted. We tried for 10 years to have a baby and then a domestic private adoption and then IVF. All failing. Then we decided last resort to become foster parents. Best thing we ever did. Not only did we get to adopt three healthy babies, but we helped other children out for a few months until they could be returned to a parent. We also have state insurance for our children and it did not cost us a penny for their adoption. This may be something they need to think about. If they would like to talk to me about it and our experience, please haev them email me. I would love to talk to them.

Bless you!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back