1104 users online (176 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

KC's Anniversary Reaction

A couple days ago, on the Random Thoughts thread, Brini identified the phenomenon which often marks the anniversary of a traumatic event, as an "anniversary reaction."
    I suggested in a post on that same thread, that this is a way the unconscious mind tries to rework and reconcile the conflict through a type of "reliving" of that event
    because the trauma seems to remain etched in the brain/memory, sometimes beyond conscious recall, particularly in cases of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

I suggested that KC might be expected to experience such a reaction, to include awaking with night sweats, nightmares and other signs of severe stress (as she is reported
    by TL to have done a year ago). I indicated that this might occur on 6/9 or 6/10, the dates which I've suspected as the most credible for Caylee's "disappearance".

I don't in any way hint that I'm psychic, but I've witnessed a lot of these type "anniversary reactions" in other folks over the years, and have personally experienced them.

I just heard on the NG show that KC has, in the last couple days (6/9, 6/l0), shown sleep disturbance with awaking, "screaming," and other signs of severe stress,
    on the very date(s) that I'd predicted in my post (Random Thoughts thread).

Please share your thoughts/reactions about the likelihood that KC has been and may continue to show an "anniversary reaction." (NG says that there are those
    who believe KC is now just trying to fake insanity for a NGBRoI defense).
    Last edited by Verité; 06-12-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: bold added to emphasize thread topic:)

I am unsure as to why you think Caylee's disappearance happened on 6/9/08 or 6/10/08? She was seen with Cindy on 6/15/08.

Probably previously discussed, but would love to know your theory on those dates.
    Last edited by MysticOne; 06-11-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: correction of year

Interesting - I didn't think of that but that's exactly what's happening. If she pleads insanity she would have to admit she did it.

Never, ever gonna happen.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. We're all mad here."

I heard the same thing on Nancy Grace and have to admit that my first thought is that Caylee might be haunting her. Many people don't believe in that sort of thing, I know, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Caylee might have a few things to say to Mama!

It would certainly make someone like KC freak out.

~*

IMO KC is acting out a part from a script written by her attorney AL.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

Interesting Topic Verite. but I should point out Caylee was seen by third parties on 6/15, so I think your dates might need some tweaking. We have photographic evidence as well.

Even with Caylee having "gone missing" on 6/16 the anniversary effect could still be in play ... it's getting very close to that date.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralFLMama View Post
    Even with Caylee having "gone missing" on 6/16 the anniversary effect could still be in play ... it's getting very close to that date.
    I agree. I have heard of this too many times to count, and cases where people were hospitalized and didn't know it was the anniversary of a significant trauma until later.

I have personally experienced it myself, once when I was aware of the date and once when I didn't realize until I saw the hospital bill. It is well known among grief counselors.

I also know that the days leading up to the anniversary are often worse than the actual day as far as stress goes. Sometimes the worry about how bad it will be is much more difficult than the actual day.

I don't know if Casey is faking or who is sharing this info, but none of this would surprise me. She would have to be inhuman not to be feeling some degree of panic by now.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralFLMama View Post
    Totally agree. Just don't want to perpetuate inaccurate information.
    Last edited by JBean; 06-14-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: replaced bad word :)

Well...with the recent "report's" of KC screaming in her cell and crying out in her sleep, sounds like she's starting the Anniversary Reaction already.

Interesting - I can remember being upset on a certain day, a friend hurt my feelings and I overreacted. I even said, "I don't know why I'm so upset about this." Then, I read on a relative's facebook page, "Ten years ago today, my baby died." Yeah, my friend was rude but any other day I would have been annoyed, rather than hurt. Once I realized that was the "real" reason I was so sad, I had a good cry and dealt with the friend situation. I also was very upset over the baby dying, a few years after the fact. I wondered why I was so sad, years later, then I realized it was his birthday.

Although, KC is a sociopath, so it might not affect her like it does other people.

Sounds like an acknowledgment of guilt to me. Whether it is calculated to garner sympathy, the acting out of her subconscious, or (entertaining the remote possibility) out of genuine remorse, I am not sure. I suspect that if it is the former we can expect the slow evolution of an accidental death defense.

It feels good to believe this defendant might be having some somatic reactions because it makes her more like us, more understandable, more human. Is there something besides rumor that she has any of these behaviors?
    There are people who are capable of devotion, public devotion, to justice. They meant what they said and every day that passes, they mean it more. ~
    Wendell Berry~

Quote Originally Posted by MaedchenX View Post
    Sounds like an acknowledgment of guilt to me. Whether it is calculated to garner sympathy, the acting out of her subconscious, or (entertaining the remote possibility) out of genuine remorse, I am not sure. I suspect that if it is the former we can expect the slow evolution of an accidental death defense.
    I agree.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
    is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, natural or human-caused disasters, accidents, or military combat.

Defense could use this - a result of the traumatic event and assault when ZG took Caylee from her at JBP AND she was threatened and her family was threatened
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by Verité View Post
    A couple days ago, on the Random Thoughts thread, Brini identified the phenomenon which often marks the anniversary of a traumatic event, as an "anniversary reaction."
    I suggested in a post on that same thread, that this is a way the unconscious mind tries to rework and reconcile the conflict through a type of "reliving" of that event
    because the trauma seems to remain etched in the brain/memory, sometimes beyond conscious recall, particularly in cases of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

I suggested that KC might be expected to experience such a reaction, to include awaking with night sweats, nightmares and other signs of severe stress (as she is reported
    by TL to have done a year ago). I indicated that this might occur on 6/9 or 6/10, the dates which I've suspected as the most credible for Caylee's "disappearance".

I don't in any way hint that I'm psychic, but I've witnessed a lot of these type "anniversary reactions" in other folks over the years, and have personally experienced them.

I just heard on the NG show that KC has, in the last couple days (6/9, 6/l0), shown sleep disturbance with awaking, "screaming," and other signs of severe stress,
    on the very date(s) that I'd predicted in my post (Random Thoughts thread).

Please share your thoughts/reactions about the likelihood that KC has been and may continue to show an "anniversary reaction." (NG says that there are those
    who believe KC is now just trying to fake insanity for a NGBRoI defense).
    Great job with your prediction!

Even if Casey is faking it it wouldn't give her an "in" to an insanity defense.
    If she's faking it for this reason she might as well stop now and save herself some good sleeping time.. Cuz it ain't gonna do no good!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast