Who do you think should get custody of daughter?

Who do you think should get custody of daughter?

• Dad- Johnny Huckaby

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Definitely not her dad, Johnny Huckaby

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Grandparents- Lane and Connie Lawless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not her grandparents the Lawlesses

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Ask the 5 year old child (Huckabys' daughter)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I don’t care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Family Court May Favor Huckaby's Grandparents

Expert: Lawlesses Could Have 'Leg Up' In Custody Battle

POSTED: 5:44 pm PDT June 11, 2009

Meanwhile, Huckaby's grandparents, pastor Lane Lawless and wife Connie, are seeking custody of Cameron, Huckaby's daughter. So is the girl's father, Johnny Huckaby, who has little contact with his daughter.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19730133/detail.html

Family Court May Favor Huckaby's Grandparents

Expert: Lawlesses Could Have 'Leg Up' In Custody Battle

POSTED: 5:44 pm PDT June 11, 2009

Meanwhile, Huckaby's grandparents, pastor Lane Lawless and wife Connie, are seeking custody of Cameron, Huckaby's daughter. So is the girl's father, Johnny Huckaby, who has little contact with his daughter.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19730133/detail.html

The last time I checked, MH's daughter was not named "Cameron".... Also, the "grandparents" seeking custody are NOT Connie and Lane, but rather the grandparents of the child (MH's mohter and father) who live in Orange County. MH and her daughter lived with her parents when the child was very young. Judy Lawless and her husband helped parent the little girl and their home is a familiar place for her. Let's not confuse MH with her entire family. Her parents strike me as decent people trying to do their best under very trying circumstances.

The biological father, Johnny, is a stranger to the child. According to news paper accounts, confirming zero contact with his "daughter" for 4+ years, his failure to pay child support, and his other more recent financial difficulties, he just doesn't get my nomination for "Father of the Year".

The poll needs to be revised to include MH's PARENTS -- not Connie and Lane.

JMO

I agree about the daughter's name quoted in the article. I too, have not heard her name is Cameron; I figure that name was used for privacy.

In addition, the article clearly states Lane and Connie.

It is of my opinion that a bio-father or bio-mother should get custody of their child over a grandparent(s). One has to ask why her father didn't see her much. Was it because MH wanted it that way? She obliviously has tried to hide who she is.

I do not think the GP of MH should get their great granddaughter. They are in total denial regarding their granddaughter. Look at all the past behavior that has come out. They disbelieve any of it. Seem to think she did nothing wrong. Are defending her.

Remember Mark Hacking? His family gathered around him. Found out the truth. Made him tell the truth to LE and the public. He admitted he was guilty.
Laurie's family was spared a long drawn out trial.

How could they not know some of her past? The first statement from an uncle seemed like the family was willing to fact the evidence. They Grandma started talking.

This baby needs to be removed from that family. Until such time as MH's background is checked and double checked.

The father deserves custody if he is willing to step up to the plate and take care of this child.

It is interesting that this article did NOT get any of the facts right, as we currently know them. The daughter's name was reported as Madison early on and previous articles say MH's mother and father are trying to assume custody, NOT her grandparents (L&C Lawless).

There has been a RUMOR of another child out there somewhere. Could this be that child?

Salem

Grandparents are favored to get the little girl?

What.The.&^$#?!?

I voted for "not the grandparents". I don't know enough about the little one's father to say for sure that she should go with him, and based on what I do know my opinion of him as a father isn't the greatest... but he could be the best option, with a lot of monitoring from family services.

May 21, 2009 11:39 am US/Pacific

The ex-husband and mother of 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby filed court papers last month for custody of Huckaby's daughter.

Melissa Huckaby has been in jail since her arrest April 10 on suspicion of murdering her daughter's playmate, Sandra Cantu.

Meantime, Huckaby's daughter has been living with her grandmother, Judy Lawless.

Huckaby's ex-husband was awarded custody of the girl on April 20, for what ended up being two days after Lawless asked the court to award her custody. Lawless said she's become the "psychological parent" of the child.

A hearing for the custody case has been set for July.

http://cbs13.com/crime/melissa.huckaby.daughter.2.1015939.html

Just to maybe keep things straight (cause I'm really confused). lol

Johnny Huckaby is the biological father of 5 yr old.

Judy Lawless is mother to MH and is the 5yr old's grandmother. Judy Lawless was married to MH's father Brian Lawless (his parents are Lane & Connie).

Lane and Connie Lawless are MH's grandparents (5 yr old's great-grandparents).

MH was living with her grandparents Lane & Connie at the time she was arrested (for about the past year).

whew....

This KCRA report is terribly flawed. Judy and Brian Lawless are the ones in a custody battle with the bio father. Judy and Brian are MH's parents, and Judy has had the daughter in her custody in the past, as well as since the case broke.

Also, in the local papers here, the daughter's name was never given as Cameron. It begins with an M.

Connie and Lane Lawless are elderly, and could not be expected to raise a 5 y/o. This is just shoddy reporting. Shame on you, KCRA!

I voted that I don't know, because I'm not in the position to know exactly what is best for the child.

I am praying that whoever does decide, does the best thing for that little girl.

I vote the dad. He should be given a chance to redeem himself of his past.
Also, I'm sorry - but to me MH's family is the last place I would let that child be. For all we know she herself was abused by a family member.
Of course, I just stumbled on this story tonight so if it is already known for a fact that this is not true, disregard.
However, this case is just so weird, I mean a WOMAN?
My first instinct is to think... what happened to them to make them that way?? I know not all murderers and rapists have been abused but a pretty good % of them have in one way or another.

My daughter is alot like this kid was, even looks a bit like her. Sociable, visiting friends in the neighborhood. It scares me to death. My boyfriend thinks coming to this site makes me more paranoid but I do not care. I WANT my kid to keep an eye open and know what to do, I would rather make her a bit paranoid than allow her to be careless. However I dont think its working, is there any way to legally make her stay home 24/7??? :waitasec:

I voted "definitely not the Lawlesses". I would't want to risk placing another child in the same environment that helped shape Melissa Huckaby.

I vote the dad. He should be given a chance to redeem himself of his past.
Also, I'm sorry - but to me MH's family is the last place I would let that child be. For all we know she herself was abused by a family member.
Of course, I just stumbled on this story tonight so if it is already known for a fact that this is not true, disregard.
However, this case is just so weird, I mean a WOMAN?
My first instinct is to think... what happened to them to make them that way?? I know not all murderers and rapists have been abused but a pretty good % of them have in one way or another.

My daughter is alot like this kid was, even looks a bit like her. Sociable, visiting friends in the neighborhood. It scares me to death. My boyfriend thinks coming to this site makes me more paranoid but I do not care. I WANT my kid to keep an eye open and know what to do, I would rather make her a bit paranoid than allow her to be careless. However I dont think its working, is there any way to legally make her stay home 24/7??? :waitasec:

Good news !! Legally you can home school & keep her home 24/7.:)

She might hate you though and after she turns 18 you may never see her again.
Tough call.

MH was raised by Judy and Brian Lawless...need I say more?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back