1009 users online (217 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Here is a page I found showing the "Lost Son of Sam letters". These letters really show what a delusional nut Berkowitz really is. He is also a manipulative S.O.B. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...s/1_index.html I now think the Carr brothers were probably not involved and there was no cult.

Conversely Berkowitz, also known as the "Son of Sam," writes letters in a remorseful tone. Since killing six people in the late 1970s, he has found God and become a born again Christian. He devotes his time in prison to helping mentally unstable patients and performing community service. He asked the state not to grant him parole, because he now knows what he did was wrong, and believes he's where he should be: prison, according to Bonn. Berkowitz's message is one of hope, redemption and service to others.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1qnoeGnb6
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I always thought it interesting that one of the Carr brothers is in fact a dead ringer for one of the composites of the shooter in one attack.
    Based on virtually all the eyewitness accounts of the Moscowitz shooter I dont think there is any possibilty of Berkowitz being the attacker in that one. Even minus the timing of his documented presence that night.
    I think Maury Terry kind of got hit with the backlash of the Cult Hysteria of the 80's where there were all these mentallly ill folks going on Phill Donahough and Geraldo claiming the were breeders for Human sacrifice crazy Covens and so forth.
    And of course all kind of 'experts' sprung up declaring 'Cult Activity' every place some kid spray painted 'OZZY RULES!!!!' on a freeway abuttment.
    Having said that having worked in Correctional Facilities and the Mental Health industry I can tell you there are many sick individuals who take the occult and their own interpretations of 'Devil Worship' or 'The Worship Of Evil'very seriously indeed and many of these folks are prone to and quite capable of predatory violence,and in many cases have long history of it.

I still have vivid memories of the Summer of Sam... I lived near one of the victims and I was 16 at the time. And I have bone chilling memories of hanging out at Untermyer Park, seeing the graffiti and the strange folks there... Before ever having read Terry's book The Ultimate Evil. I think there was more than one killer, and The Carrs are the likely ones IMHO. But I do think Maury Terry took things way too far. The NYPD wanted this case closed ASAP which I believe was too hasty... and I am glad they reopened it. But it has been reopened for quite awhile, with no reports of any progress.... So I think it's not going anywhere. And the Carrs are dead anyhow. Oh well.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Maury Terry made a pretty good case for a conspiracy but he trashed out all of his credibility when he tried to link "Son of Sam" and the "Cotton Club Murders".

I knew someone who was close to the investigation and he told me that Berkowitz acted "perfectly normal" before and after his arrest and that his apartment, that was empty of all furniture but the walls were we covered with bizarre writing at the time of his arrest, had been furnished, clean and "normal" a few days earlier. Faking insanity does not prove conspiracy but it does give Terry a little credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by HesterMofet View Post
    Maury Terry in his book The Ultimate Evil tries to link a bunch of murders including the Manson slayings and Son of Sam shootings to the same satanist cults. The problem with this theory is that the Satanist cults he mentioned, well, let's just say there was no way they had the power or the influence to commit all these murders and get away with it. The organized Satanist cults in the US are not the ones you have to worry about, it's the renegade weirdos who think they have something to prove who are dangerous. People seem to like to throw around the word Satanist because it automatically strikes fear into some people.

As for Berkowitz being in a group who were all killers, I find that hard to believe because I don't think there is any evidence pointing to anyone else except for eyewitness testimony, which is notoriously unreliable.
    I like Terry's book and I think it's possible that a cult did/does exist. I'm also wondering if that cult could be responsible for the murders of college students found in rivers.

I may have to dig Terry's book out and reread it, if I still have it.

Post 'Son of Sam' Killer: Aurora, Sikh Massacres 'Senseless'

BY ABBY D. PHILLIP
    August 10, 2012 David Berkowitz, who gunned down 13 people, killing six, 35 years ago, says he hopes society takes the "glamour" out of guns.
    In the wake of the Aurora, Colo. theater massacre and the mass shooting at a Wisconsin Sikh temple, Berkowitz is calling for an end to gun violence. "It's all senseless," Berkowitz told the New York Daily News from his jail cell in a maximum security facility in upstate New York.
    "Society has to take the glory out of guns. Young people have no business carrying a gun."<snip>
    He spends his time urging young men to avoid resorting to crime in moments of anger, he said. Prison, he told the Daily News, is not all it's cracked up to be.
    "I think it's a big tragedy when I see young men with their macho faces like they're cool when I know they are really scared to death," he said. "I know because I've been there. Prison is a house of pain. It's not what you see in the media and on those crime shows."
    He said, "One day, I hope that guns will lose their glamour, that it would be seen a social disapproval for those in gangs. I know that's a bit simplistic, but to me the whole tragedy is that young people are losing direction and don't value life or have no clue why they're on this Earth." more at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/son-sam-kil...4#.UCVerKDm6So
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Yeah, I wanna hear what this whack job has to say.

DAVID, it isn't the guns, it's the people who use them. Apparently he is still in denial. First the dog made him do it and now it's the gun. Really???? Take some more meds, David.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Unhappy

I find his statements ironic, but maybe he has remorse. He supposedly has found God. Too bad his message comes too late for these latest tragedies...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Found God and most likely meds too.

I don't believe this pig found God.
    I really don't give a damn what this guy has to say..
    As stated, he probably found meds..

I don't feel he has any remorse.

RIP.. to all the victims

Goz

Ironic he says that. He is part of the problem.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

I believe there were others involved.The eyewitnesses in the DeMasi-Lomino attack alone, prove that.Not only did the two surviving victims describe a Blonde man in an army jacket as the shooter, but another witness who saw him running from the scene, with gun in hand, also described the same assailant. berkowitz claims it was John Carr who did that shooting, and the composite drawing strongly resembles him.

Hmmmm, I had no idea this thread was here. I was born and raised in yonkers, just a few blocks from where David Berkowitz lived. My friend was a lifeguard at the pool in his building. We spent a lot of time at that building the summer of Sam. I saw David several times in passing.
    It's been a really long time since I read any of the info so the detail are sketchy but man it was freaky to know he was sooooo close.
    Last edited by SugarQueen; 05-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarQueen View Post
    Hmmmm, I had no idea this thread was here. I was born and raised in yonkers, just a few blocks from where David Berkowitz lived. My friend was a lifeguard at the pool in his building. We spent a lot of time at that building the summer of Sam. I saw David several times in passing.
    It's been a really long time since I read any of the info so the detail are sketchy but man it was freaky to know he was sooooo close.
    Thats so interesting, have you ever read 'The Ultimate Evil' by Maury Terry?
    Goes into great detail about what was going on in Yonkers during that period.Some of the others, believed to have helped Berkowitz, all lived around that same area.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast