TX TX - Richard Powell, 18, Fort Worth, 22 March 1984

believe09

Reaction score
Suggested by stumpedpa:

Name: Richard W. Powell
AKA: Richard F. Powell
Case Number: M8807007
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Fort Worth (Tarrant County)
Last Seen on: 3/22/1984
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 150 lbs.
Age Missing: 18
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 2/1/1966
Race: White
Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Richard has a mole on his right cheek and the pinkie fingers on both hands are permanently curved inward. He wears an orthodontic retainer on his lower teeth. Richard's vehicle was found abandoned in an Irving parking lot April 23, 1984.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...200211:47:21AM'
NOT SURE WHY THE LINK ISN'T WORKING?
M8807007.jpg
DONNO IF THIS PHOTO WILL LOAD

Will someone be kind enough to do a side by side??? TIA...:blowkiss:

Too small and too young, IMO, although there is a resemblance facially. Look at the curvature of the jawline - very distinctive and shared between both men and some resemblance in the facial structure and other features. I also think that Richard looks about 25 there despite only being 18 at the time of disappearance. He could have aged quickly but I don't see him being found at age 38 and passing for in his mid 50s.

The bottom line is that when he went missing Richard was only 5'7" - quite a small guy and even if he'd have filled out a bit from 150, I don't see him ever being as stocky as BK. That, coupled with the mole and curvature of the fingers mean I'm firmly in the "not a match" camp.

Richard Powell is NamUs MP9229. There are 25 exclusions listed as of 3/25/19.

While searching for a different MP, i found this: Richard Wayne Powell of South Carolina, arrests, mugshots, charges and convictions | Arrest Facts

The name, the age and facial features, they all match. Coincidence?

Ricky is my cousin and this is definitely not him. Different DOB not even the same year, way too tall , different eyes, nose and mouth. Thank you for trying to help though, its nice to know people are out there still looking. Im renewing my search for answers.

Ricky is my cousin and this is definitely not him. Different DOB not even the same year, way too tall , different eyes, nose and mouth. Thank you for trying to help though, its nice to know people are out there still looking. Im renewing my search for answers.

Welcome to Websleuths @Smbcloutier! You can get verified as a family member here, just PM a moderator to help you out.

Hi SMB, in addition to what Pat suggested about getting verified, perhaps you could post some more about Ricky and the circumstances and the search. It must be heartbreaking to have lost a family member so long ago. I know the community here would love to learn more about the whole case, if you have anything to share.

Im working on figuring out how to get verified. I was born 2 months before his disappearance so all the info I have is second hand. Here is what I know, outside of what has been published. The last time my aunt saw him on March 22nd, 1984, he was leaving for work. It was confirmed that he did make it to work and completed his shift. It was mentioned at some point that he liked to park in the back of the parking lot where its kind of hidden and was dark, may or may not be relevant. When his car was found a month later in a different area, supposedly, there was a bullet hole in the window ( I'm not sure which window) and blood was found in the car ( again, Im not sure where). There was no activity in his bank account and he didnt pick up his last check. I've also been told that he had a new girlfriend but Ive only heard that once. My aunt swears that she was driving down the street and saw him ( this was shortly after his disapppearance I think), and called out his name. By the time she turned around and got back to where she saw him, he was gone. Not sure if thats just a grieving mother seeing things or if it was really him. Ive attached his photo, in color, for you guys. Ricky was the first granchild and deeply loved. Ive always been curious about what happened but as Ive gotten older I feel like my aunt needs answers so she can be at peace. And the family too. I'll try to reach out to the Ft Worth Police Dept and see if I can find anything else out. Thank you for keeping this alive after all these years, you all are amazing!

Attachments

• 20210425_170751~3.jpg
    20210425_170751~3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 16
Im working on figuring out how to get verified. I was born 2 months before his disappearance so all the info I have is second hand. Here is what I know, outside of what has been published. The last time my aunt saw him on March 22nd, 1984, he was leaving for work. It was confirmed that he did make it to work and completed his shift. It was mentioned at some point that he liked to park in the back of the parking lot where its kind of hidden and was dark, may or may not be relevant. When his car was found a month later in a different area, supposedly, there was a bullet hole in the window ( I'm not sure which window) and blood was found in the car ( again, Im not sure where). There was no activity in his bank account and he didnt pick up his last check. I've also been told that he had a new girlfriend but Ive only heard that once. My aunt swears that she was driving down the street and saw him ( this was shortly after his disapppearance I think), and called out his name. By the time she turned around and got back to where she saw him, he was gone. Not sure if thats just a grieving mother seeing things or if it was really him. Ive attached his photo, in color, for you guys. Ricky was the first granchild and deeply loved. Ive always been curious about what happened but as Ive gotten older I feel like my aunt needs answers so she can be at peace. And the family too. I'll try to reach out to the Ft Worth Police Dept and see if I can find anything else out. Thank you for keeping this alive after all these years, you all are amazing!

Hi @Smbcloutier! Once again, welcome to Websleuths!
Do you know who found your cousin's car? Was it reported to LE? If so, do you know if they tested the blood for DNA evidence?
What happened to the car after that?
And the girlfriend, did your aunt try to reach her out when Ricky disappeared?

Reaching out to FWPD is a good idea. Please, keep us updated!

MOO JMO

Last edited:
Hi @Smbcloutier! Once again, welcome to Websleuths!
Do you know who found your cousin's car? Was it reported to LE? If so, do you know if they tested the blood for DNA evidence?
What happened to the car after that?
And the girlfriend, did your aunt try to reach her out when Ricky disappeared?

Reaching out to FWPD is a good idea. Please, keep us updated!

MOO JMO
Thank you! I wish I had these answers. There are so may unanswered questions. My aunt hasnt talked about the case in decades and she never shared anything about it with the family. I dont think she even knows that his case is being discussed on the internet, I could be wrong. I have all of those same questions. I'd like to know if there were any suspects? Does the evidence still exist? Did they find finger prints? His profile mentions they dont have his fingerprints on file. But why not? Someone knows something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back