1595 users online (335 members and 1260 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - James Farrior, 11 mos, drowned in mop bucket, Queens, 15 June 2009

[/I]

How horrible. A stupid mistake has cost this little one his life. I pray for the parents and other loved ones.

I was always very careful about leaving standing water, bottles of cleaner, etc anywhere my little one could possibly get into it. God bless this little one and the grieving family.
    Happy New Years

Proud Country Gal is offline Not all those who wander are lost; they could be GEO Caching....
    So sad!
    I am praying for them all.
    It is amazing how fast little ones can get themselves in trouble.
    ~~Nancy~~
    The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work. - Patricia Clafford

About 40 years ago, this same thing happened to friends of my family.

What a terrible tradgity!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    About 40 years ago, this same thing happened to friends of my family.

What a terrible tradgity!
    It happened to the neighbor's baby when I was a kid. You just can't be too careful.

Too sad.

This doesn't sound good:

Prosecutors said Khan changed her story three times about why she left the boy unattended and even claimed she dozed off after gulping down cold medicine.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...bucket17m.html

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Baby-sitter Kristal Khan, 28, was initially charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor..
    Bedlam erupted in a Queens court room as furious relatives of the boy screamed at Khan

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2009/06/17/2009-06-17_bucket17m.html#ixzz0InzrupOE&D
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

What a disturbing and heartbreaking story. So much has been written about buckets and children; I have trouble imagining someone doing this; especially a daycare provider. I'm thinking negligent homicide would be a more appropriate charge.

From March 2011:

http://nypost.com/2011/03/28/nyquil-...ars-in-prison/

As a judge sentenced her to 1-to-3 years in prison, a Queens babysitter who allowed an 11-month-old baby to drown in a bucket while she was zonked out on cold medicine finally apologized to the tragic tot’s family...

Khan, 30, of Richmond Hill, was found guilty of the reckless assault and endangerment of James Farrior III who fell face first into a blue bucket of water and drowned as the babysitter was asleep on the couch after taking Nyquil.