Disney/Pixar Grants Dying Child's Up Wish -- Real tear-jerker!

What an incredible story. Terribly sad, but I'm so glad she got her final wish. Pixar is a wonderful company.

I'm just bawling... ty for sharing this story. wow

What a wonderful thing they did for that little girl. I think of my son who's 10, was so happy to go see the premier of UP. Now when we rent it at home, I'll think of Colby too. :)

This is a real heartbreaking story but at the same time you want to smile because she got what she truly wanted. It sure makes life seem a lot less bad when you read stories like this.

I am so happy this little girl got her last wish granted! You were right about the needing the tissues.

It is also wonderful to see that Pixar is not the one publicizing what they did - and using it for the press makes it a real act of kindness.

A friend of mine voiced an animated Disney heroine in the early 90s and still gets all sorts of requests to call or meet with sick children. I can promise you the company facilitates this sort of thing all the time.

What a great story, thanks for sharing! Rest in peace, sweet Colby.

I saw that segment on news..........how great of a story to make her wish a happy moment.
Yes up and up to heaven like the house to the sky..........beautiful memory for mom.

What a wonderfully refreshing thread -- people doing GOOD things for other people. So refreshing...and I really needed this refreshing.

I started crying reading the story about little Colby, bless her precious heart and thank God for the boldness of the person who contacted Pixar. Her receiving the gift they gave her probably cut many hours of pain off of her dying process -- sometimes people hang on in hope, and some times they need the relief of having their hope so that they can finally, take their leave in a satisfied way, leaving their very pained and ill body.

I also started crying and laughing when I watched the video of Courtney crying over Wall-E. It was a wonderful video, actually -- so genuine. I have to admit, I love Wall-E, I've watched it several times with my grandson who adores having me watch it alongside him. Wall-E's gentility and little voice can also get me crying, so I was crying alongside Courtney, while laughing at the two of us.

Edited to add: and I'm nearly 60, my goodness...

Thanks for sharing these stories MomOfBoys and Laura08

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong