TN - Gracie Trentham, 3, raped & murdered, Georgetown, 19 April 2009

TaylorJ4

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything about this local case on Websleuths-some gruesome details are coming out in the trial. Apparently this sweet 3 year old and her younger brother were living with a "foster family" (the bio Mom apparently gave custody to the foster family) and someone in the home raped and beat this child-foster Mom apparently did not notice anything wrong with her (despite testifiying she was complaining of being sick and vomiting) until taking her to the ER the day of her death. I think if they decide to try this 14 y/o as an adult even more details will come out...but I also feel foster Mom should be charged....

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_153388.asp

Oh my, I'm sick after reading that. Poor little girl. I don't understand the sickness that's going around with people inserting things into children. I wish we could send them all to prison in Irac and let their government deal with them for what they've done.

This one is keeping me awake at night (I know you have all had a case like that...).

My daughter nearly died from peritonitis from a ruptured appendix when she was 12-I remember how much pain she was in and can't imagine whatt his poor child went through before she died (on top of a brutal rape).

This is so sad and such a needless death with severe suffering. That poor little girl! At least she is no longer suffering but the one who did this to her should never be released.

That poor little girl! And it sounds like she was so stoic, putting up with all that abuse and only saying "I sick" and "ow" ...These poor little kids, even for it to happen to one child, is one too many, but it happens all the time these days. It's as if they are lost in some kind of hell on earth when alive, and they only get relief when they die....disgusting!!!! :furious:
Parents like this (and step-parents) should be spayed and neutered. And the 14 yr old accused perp too (if found guilty) !!!

Oh my goodness I cried when I read that the baby said "I sick". That hurts me so bad. My daughter is four and I cant imagine anything like this.

I think I found the foster mothers myspace, it is private.
http://www.myspace.com/clavoie1226

This is disgusting. I hope he is tried as an adult. If he is this sick and demented now, what kind of adult will he grow into? If he is not tried as an adult and is free in a few years, there's no telling what he could do to someone else.

I think the foster "mother" is lying. How could she NOT see any injuries? There were blows to the back and front...Hard enough to cause internal damage.

how do they know for sure it was the 14 yr old? it says in the article the dad had visited with her on sunday. How do they know it wasn't the dad?

September 2009:

The murder of a 3 year old girl in Hamilton County is still an open case, after charges were dismissed against the teenage suspect...

Tuesday, Eyewitness News learend the 15-year old boy who was once accused of the crime, would not be returning to Lavoie's home. The sheriff's department says Trentham's murder is still an active investigation and the lead detective is still gathering evidence...

In addition to injuries related to rape, the autopsy reveals Trentham had bruising on her scalp and bleeding in her upper neck muscles.

The medical examiner says injuries to Trentham's bowels ultimately led to her death. He goes on to say that injury took place at least 12 hours before her death, but probably no more than a day.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1023866...t-about-the-dismissal-of-charges-in-her-death

Rest in peace, Gracie :(

10238663_BG1.jpg

Oh, Jesus :( she died of periotonitis after her bowel was perforated by rape. Her unofficial "foster" mother took her to the hospital because she was vomiting and had nausea, a swollen abdomen and a headache, and she died about 3 hours later :(

June 2009:

Prosecutors contend the fact that injuries had not begun to heal indicates they were inflicted the evening of April 20 by the 14-year-old, who had been left at home to watch the 3-year-old and several other children.

But defense attorney Justin Woodward said he believes there are several possible explanations for how the child sustained the injuries that killed her. For example, he brought out during cross examination, on the Sunday before her death the toddler spent some time alone with her father...

Thursday's arguments and testimony came during an unusual open hearing in Hamilton County Juvenile Court aimed at determining whether the 14-year-old should be tried as an adult.

during the Juvenile Court hearing Bright argued the only person who could have been with Gracie Ann at the approximate time of her death, and who had the means to commit the crimes, was the 14-year-old boy who's charged with felony murder by aggravated rape of a child.

The boy's attorney, Justin Woodward, is trying to lay the foundation for the argument that Gracie Ann's own parents could have had the opportunity to harm to the child a day earlier. Testimony shows the girl's natural father and mother visited with her almost two days before Gracie Ann was taken to T.C. Thompson's Children's Hospital. He argued there may be an "alternative explanation" as to how the girl died.

But Dr. Metcalf said his evaluation shows the fatal injuries could not have been inflicted that far back. He said abdominal infection would start almost immediately after a bowel is punctured...

More details:
http://s2.excoboard.com/Courthouse_Steps_Mavens/124566/2074628

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss