The U.S. military is tracking a North Korean ship in the Pacific

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I posted this in the Political Pavillion but for those of you who aren't interested in Politics this story is WORTH reading. The U.S. military is tracking a North Korean ship in the Pacific, headed toward Hawaii, that is believed to be carrying illicit weapons or technology, a senior U.S. official said Thursday.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said that the United States could defend itself should North Korea launch a missile toward Hawaii and that U.S. officials are carefully monitoring the reclusive nation's military.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/06/19/us.nkorea/

Thank you Dolly!

Well, I sure hope before they have any chance to do anything we blow that ship sky high, straight outta the water and on to he!!. BOOM! End of problem.

In my ever so humble opinion.........

Well, I sure hope before they have any chance to do anything we blow that ship sky high, straight outta the water and on to he!!. BOOM! End of problem.

In my ever so humble opinion.........

Not an end to this problem but a beginning.

N. Korea is showboating IMHO. At least I hope they still are.

To North Korea, I say: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" :)

NK is trying to engage the US in a "p*$$ing contest"... they are looking for a reason to start chunking missiles our way. If the US intercepts the ship in any fashion, NK will use it to justify warfare against us.

NK needs to go and ask Japan about the last time THEY poked at the US via Hawaii: they got a can of US Military Whoop-A$$ opened up on them.

I don't think this is a joking matter. NK is over the top serious. Why are they angry who knows? NK has weapons and I truly believe they will use them. I hope this ends peacefully.

It's head towards Myanmar. It's being shadowed by a U.S. Navy Destroyer (woot ~a shout out to the navy).

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/22/world/asia/22korea.html?ref=world

I think this sentence says it all:

... posing the first test of how far the United States and its allies will go to stop the North’s suspected arms trade under a new United Nations resolution...

Every so often, and more often since we have a new Pres., the dear leader of NK Kim Jong Il shakes his a@@ at the rest of the world begging for attention. He makes continuous threats against South K. That is why I see this as showboating. He tends to do a lot of that and has for years and years (as long as I have followed fairly close what is happening over there). Didn't he just name is successor? One of his sons I believe. I haven't read up on his son that was chosen.

It's head towards Myanmar. It's being shadowed by a U.S. Navy Destroyer (woot ~a shout out to the navy).

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/22/world/asia/22korea.html?ref=world

I think this sentence says it all:

Every so often, and more often since we have a new Pres., the dear leader of NK Kim Jong Il shakes his a@@ at the rest of the world begging for attention. He makes continuous threats against South K. That is why I see this as showboating. He tends to do a lot of that and has for years and years (as long as I have followed fairly close what is happening over there). Didn't he just name is successor? One of his sons I believe. I haven't read up on his son that was chosen.

He did name his son and not a lot is known about him except he was educated out of the country. I read that he did not choose another son because he has the "heart of a woman"! I think he picked the youngest of three sons. What a nut.

I have no doubt the US is constantly tracking NK ships all over the world. And ships from other countries too.

I have no doubt the US is constantly tracking NK ships all over the world. And ships from other countries too.

Indeed Hoppy, you are correct without a doubt my friend :)

Obama Speaks Out On North Korea:

As analysts say North Korea is preparing for a long-range missile test next month, possibly launching a rocket in the direction of Hawaii, President Barack Obama said his administration and the U.S. military are fully prepared for any contingencies.

In an exclusive interview with CBS News' Harry Smith, scheduled to air on The Early Show on Monday, Mr. Obama said that the international community is united against North Korea's provocative actions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/21/earlyshow/main5101399.shtml?tag=contentBody;cbsCarousel

Thanks Dolly for the thread ;}

Pretty scary business, right? Living on the West Coast Seattle, Portland, San Fran and LA have always been talked about as possible sites to be hit by a nuclear weapon. That is from way back tho and might have changed.

Everything seems to have changed. There is no more SAC and it has evolved into the United States Strategic Command. I wonder where that is now headquartered and if they are very busy tonight tracking, to keep us safe?

xox

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.