789 users online (111 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pseudonym intruder

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I say we move this conversation to a new thread.
    The conversation is on a mock trial of a pseudonym intruder. The purpose is to show there can be IDI scenarios equally compelling as RDI.

Disclaimer: Forum rules say no real people names. Not responsible for anything. Any similarity to real people living or dead is a coincidence. Its all just opinion.

Having said that...

Who will defend the pseudonym intruder?

Any volunteers for the judge pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    The conversation is on a mock trial of a pseudonym intruder. The purpose is to show there can be IDI scenarios equally compelling as RDI.

Disclaimer: Forum rules say no real people names. Not responsible for anything. Any similarity to real people living or dead is a coincidence. Its all just opinion.

Having said that...

Who will defend the pseudonym intruder?

Any volunteers for the judge pool?

I will help as judge.

That's one.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    I will help as judge.
    Is it Judge Roy?

That's one.
    One is OK with me, because then it doesn't matter if they lean IDI or RDI as long as it isn't reflected. That according to another poster.

One is OK with me, because then it doesn't matter if they lean IDI or RDI as long as it isn't reflected. That according to another poster.
    Actually, I meant juror.

You know what though, I don't want to rain on your parade here. I have already said that if you don't match the DNA with your unknown intruder that you win a trial. I stand by that unless we say no DNA is found.

So, because I like you, you need to blackball me.

Actually, I meant juror.

You know what though, I don't want to rain on your parade here. I have already said that if you don't match the DNA with your unknown intruder that you win a trial. I stand by that unless we say no DNA is found.

So, because I like you, you need to blackball me.
    Thats OK. Juror. Right.

Uh, maybe I need to be more specific.

Its a mock trial of a pseudonym defendant in absentia. Since the defendant is not present, there will be no DNA samples for comparison, no asking questions of the defendant, no handwriting samples taken from the defendant. The defendant is not available for arrest, questioning, trial, or sentencing.

That doesn't mean the crime scene DNA or handwriting is not admissible.

Is this making any sense?

Talking

Thats OK. Juror. Right.

Uh, maybe I need to be more specific.

Its a mock trial of a pseudonym defendant in absentia. Since the defendant is not present, there will be no DNA samples for comparison, no asking questions of the defendant, no handwriting samples taken from the defendant. The defendant is not available for arrest, questioning, trial, or sentencing.

That doesn't mean the crime scene DNA or handwriting is not admissible.

Is this making any sense?

Aghh, now I see.

Yeah, i will help as juror. That is a tough case to make but I think I see what you are doing. Your are just trying to show that you can make a compelling case with some clown we don't even know from the evidence.

Aghh, now I see.

Yeah, i will help as juror. That is a tough case to make but I think I see what you are doing. Your are just trying to show that you can make a compelling case with some clown we don't even know from the evidence.
    I think there only needs to be an odd number of jurors. Maybe we can do a mock grand jury.

I think there only needs to be an odd number of jurors. Maybe we can do a mock grand jury.
    I'd be satisfied with three.

Aghh, now I see.

He's certainly welcome to try.

But someone has to ask it: how could the DNA or handwriting be admissable if there's nobody to compare it with? Kind of gives me the upper hand, doesn't it?

He's certainly welcome to try.

But someone has to ask it: how could the DNA or handwriting be admissable if there's nobody to compare it with? Kind of gives me the upper hand, doesn't it?
    It IS admissible, thats for sure. In fact, its one of the cornerstones. Whether or not it gives you the upper hand...

It IS admissible, thats for sure. In fact, its one of the cornerstones. Whether or not it gives you the upper hand...
    Perhaps I should rephrase: It may be admissable, but I'm at a loss as to how you could use it in an affirmative manner.

Perhaps I should rephrase: It may be admissable, but I'm at a loss as to how you could use it in an affirmative manner.
    Maybe while we're waiting for a couple more jurors, we can agree on what admissible is?

Reliability: An item of evidence, whether it be a quote, expert opinion, document, or object is admissible as long as it has a source. Gentlemens agreement means if its brought up, we each can assume the other has a valid source.

Relevance: I think we should simply introduce any new item along with the claim or argument it is intended to bolster.

Very well. I'll hang back for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast