1566 users online (353 members and 1213 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Governor of South Carolina is Missing- Last Seen Thursday

I hadn't heard anything about this until tonight on MSNBC. Mark Sanford, Gov. or South Carolina left the Executive Mansion last Thursday and no one has seen him since. The Lt. Gov. office said today they have heard from him but declined to say if he told them where he was. He missed Fathers Day with his family and did not show up for work Friday or this morning (Monday).

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thega...r-missing.aspx
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Sounds like he's having a personal meltdown or something. I heard he had some professional defeats last week. Somthing about trying to use the stimulous to pay down debt and he was shot down. Hope he's ok.

fran

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I was surprised I had not heard anything about it. I suppose his office was trying to keep in on the DL. It seems like kind of a big deal when the governor of a state goes missing.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Update, he turned up ok. But, this is weird. It's one thing to disappear from work, but not from your family. Especially for Father's Day. I hope he works out whatever is going on.

MSNBC

Well know they are saying he went for a hike on the Appalchian Trail......
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...3/1974167.aspx
    --Ghandi

Republican Gov Sanford admits affair

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/...nor/index.html

I tried this post in the political pavilian but it disappeared.?.....

Let me try it here-the press clearly smelled the blood in the water when supposedly the governor was out hiking the Appalachians. Then the media found his car at an airport...then they caught him as he arrived at the airport and he told them he had been in Buenos Aires. His surprised wife was interviewed and her short statement was that she had not even spoken to her husband yet since he had been reported missing by the state police after borrowing a vehicle and not returning it when it was due...

oops.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

hope his wife kicks him to the curb.

This man...I won't even go into it. From his rejection of the stimulus money when so many educators were losing their jobs this year, to this mess. And I heard somewhere he will be running for president??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    This man...I won't even go into it. From his rejection of the stimulus money when so many educators were losing their jobs this year, to this mess. And I heard somewhere he will be running for president??
    Maybe not so much the president part now, huh? Even with the amount of sympathy people felt for John Edwards wife, his political career is dust.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I think I'd go off an take a hike too. Good grief.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I've heard from people back at home that he is a nutjob... maybe his eccentric behavior was just a cover for man of ill morals...

I guess I can't say I'm surprised. When they said he was on a hike, I thought ok. But when I heard last night that he was in South America,.............

fran

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I've heard from people back at home that he is a nutjob... maybe his eccentric behavior was just a cover for man of ill morals...
    Looks like you were right!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...lachian-trail/

Bless his heart. I'm so glad not to live in the public eye. My prayers for him and his family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

What a cowardly, excuse making man! He runs off without letting anyone know where he is, then returns making excuse after excuse trying to justify his sorry behavior. I don't care what happens to him. All my feeligs are for his wife and family who must be hurt and embarrassed by his behavior. He has changed the life of everyone around him by his lack of self-control and integrity.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast