GUILTY OK - Angel Gilbreath, 27, stabbed to death, Elk City, 21 June 2009

Detectives at the scene took several photographs of the victim and enlisted OSBI Forensic Artist Harvey Pratt to do a soft tissue reconstruction from those photographs. Detectives believe the woman had been in the water for several hours. And from the condition of the body, they have determined she is a victim of homicide.

~snip~

The woman was wearing a wedding ring on her left hand that had three small stones that appeared to be diamonds.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/2...ENT_NEEDS_HELP_IDENTIFYING_MURDER_VICTIM.html

The OSBI site has a sketch of the woman.

Elk City, OK is located off I-40 which runs East to West and is in the far West side of the state in Beckham County.

They believe this to be a Homicide.

LE didn't waste anytime getting all the necessary info out there. Hopefully someone recognizes her soon.

She was wearing a wedding band, and doesn't match anyone reported missing? Hmmm . . . I have a feeling where this is going to go.

It does seem too quick for the OSBI to have a sketch posted etc. I have not ever seen it happen before. I wonder if they are being misleading on the date she was found?

The sketch closely resembles Candace Watson, but the other stats are off. (I posted it on Haylee Donathan's missing thread in case.)

It does seem too quick for the OSBI to have a sketch posted etc. I have not ever seen it happen before. I wonder if they are being misleading on the date she was found?

The sketch closely resembles Candace Watson, but the other stats are off. (I posted it on Haylee Donathan's missing thread in case.)

:eek: You have a point there. Probably it isn't Candace, but you never know.

It frustrates me to no end the OSBI do not have ALL of the missing people in OK listed on their site. WTH are they doing down there in OKC?! How do they expect people to help them find any of our missing when most counties don't even have websites to list them? GRRR! :furious:

It frustrates me to no end the OSBI do not have ALL of the missing people in OK listed on their site. WTH are they doing down there in OKC?! How do they expect people to help them find any of our missing when most counties don't even have websites to list them? GRRR! :furious:

My father has been a missing person from OK for 16 years. I can't find any info on him. :waitasec:

My father has been a missing person from OK for 16 years. I can't find any info on him. :waitasec:

My condolences about your father. How terrible it must be for you that there is no info on him! I can't imagine how it must feel! I'd be :furious:!!!!!

Candace Watson has a butterfly tattoo on her lower back listed on her photobucket page according to others who have seen it. It has initials on it. She has 4 other tattoos, too.

She is worth checking into for LE, imo.

According to the elk city police dept, it is NOT candace watson.
I was told this over the phone by a detective who said they had "looked into it" and determined it was not her.
HTH

I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. Do we have a thread on him here?

Thanks for asking about my father (Kimster & Waltingmatilda, too). No, there is not a thread. It's kind of a long story & he was not the kind of guy the FBI or McAlester police really wanted to find. I think they were more glad of his disappearance. It was 16 year ago this summer that he disappeared, on probably a drug deal gone bad. Had some leads at the time, but nothing that anyone spent any real time tracking & I don't know if I could even put a trail of info together any more.

I am so sorry about your father. I can't imagine how painful this has been for you and your family. No one should have to go through such a tragedy.

Thanks for asking about my father (Kimster & Waltingmatilda, too). No, there is not a thread. It's kind of a long story & he was not the kind of guy the FBI or McAlester police really wanted to find. I think they were more glad of his disappearance. It was 16 year ago this summer that he disappeared, on probably a drug deal gone bad. Had some leads at the time, but nothing that anyone spent any real time tracking & I don't know if I could even put a trail of info together any more.

It is so sad that LE had that attitude. The families of the missing are victims too, and that attitude shows no respect to your family. Regardless of his faults he was your father. If LE started investigating only the disappearances of those who were lilly white there would be very few investigations!

According to the elk city police dept, it is NOT candace watson.
I was told this over the phone by a detective who said they had "looked into it" and determined it was not her.
HTH
Hi mistivon - thanks so much for the info. I was on the thread about Candace and Haylee, and most of us there thought the sketch strongly resembled Candace. Sorry for the family who will get the bad news.

It is so sad that LE had that attitude. The families of the missing are victims too, and that attitude shows no respect to your family. Regardless of his faults he was your father. If LE started investigating only the disappearances of those who were lilly white there would be very few investigations!

Ha! And we wouldn't have a place like this to read and research it all!

Ha! And we wouldn't have a place like this to read and research it all!
So very true! Sometimes my family thinks I am minus a few screws because of my interest in all of the topics on this website. Usually if a crime comes up in conversation one of them will remark that I probably already knew all about it. Truth is that the MSM is usually a day or more behind in their info, and their info is just the bare bones. If any of us could help you in any way just ask.

Please start a thread. So many here would help. And I am sorry you have gone through this for so long. Seriously, start a thread and throw out whatever you have....we'll bite.

Please start a thread. So many here would help. And I am sorry you have gone through this for so long. Seriously, start a thread and throw out whatever you have....we'll bite.

Wow. Thanks. I didn't mean to take away from the real thread topic here.
Which section would I put it in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back