Identified! MN - St Paul, Body in Mississippi River, Jun'09 - Steven Hanson

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been previously posted:

A body was found in the Mississippi River in downtown St. Paul this morning, officials said.
The Ramsey County sheriff's office water patrol was called about 9:25 a.m. after a barge worker spotted the body near the U.S. 52 bridge, said Holli Drinkwine, sheriff's office spokeswoman. The St. Paul fire department was assisting in the recovery, she said.
The body appeared to have been in the water for a long time, said Paul Schnell, St. Paul police spokesman. Because of the level of decomposition, police are awaiting an autopsy from the Ramsey County medical examiner's office to determine the person's gender and cause of death, Schnell said.
Police will be checking its missing-persons database to see whether the person had been reported missing, Schnell said.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_12664077

Hello all,

Given the number of missing people in the midwest, I'm especially curious to know if authorities have determined the identify of this poor soul. I noticed the article said police would check their missing persons database for a possible match. What would be the reasons police would not disclose the victim's identity if they were able to identify him/her? Also, is there a reason at least some description would not be given for publicity?

Hi Phantom!

I'm still looking around for more information on this particular case....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back