Identified! CA - Napa Co., UID woman found, Lake Berryessa, May'09 - Johnethel McGehee

PassTheMotrin

Reaction score
http://www.kcra.com/cnn-news/19834961/detail.html

NAPA, Calif. -- Napa County sheriff's investigators are hoping a bust created from the remains of an unidentified woman will prompt someone who knew her to come forward.

Bay Area facial reconstruction artist Gloria Nusse created this 3-D sculpture of the woman from the shoulders up.

All Napa authorities know about their Jane Doe is that she was black, between 35 and 50 years old, and had a black hair weave, acrylic fingernails and a nose stud.

She was partially clothed in an olive green polo shirt when her body was discovered on Mother's Day by a K-9 officer in a wooded area near Lake Berryessa.

Authorities think she had been dead at least a year and was the victim of foul play. Investigators said her body had signs of trauma but wouldn't elaborate.

Bay Area facial reconstruction artist Gloria Nusse created the 3-D sculpture of the woman from the shoulders up.

"It's very recognizable to anyone who knew her," Detective Todd Hancock said.

The woman has not been matched to any missing persons cases in the western United States, Hancock said.

(Picture in link)

Here's the photo of Lake Berryessa Janes reconstruction:

Attachments

• Jane Doe found 5-10-09 est dod 1yr CA.jpg
    Jane Doe found 5-10-09 est dod 1yr CA.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 13

Attachments

• LakeBerryessa Jane and Lakisha Taylor.jpg
    LakeBerryessa Jane and Lakisha Taylor.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 20
Do any of the missing persons clearinghouse-type websites have an option to view by race? I think that would be quite helpful. I'll have to suggest it sometime.

Some more info about the Jane Doe not given in the OP's link: Around 5'5" or 5'6", average build. The age differs - I'm seeing "between 30 and 35" and "between 35 and 50". She had given birth to at least one child and likely had lower back problems. (link for this info here).

I think Lakisha Taylor is a pretty good match resemblance-wise, and should definitely be considered/submitted. How would she get from Louisiana to this very specific area of CA? The killer (and probably the victim) had to have been at least a little familiar with the area to find this dump site. Lake Berryessa is slightly well-known but off the beaten track - it's not the type of place you just stumble upon.

Possibly Keyshia Graham ? Comparison is attached. (Edited w/ a better comparison). I think the eye/eyebrow area is similar, but then, it's hard to tell since the photo of Keyshia is very grainy and from an odd angle. I wish the photo had a better rendition of Keyshia's nose, since the Doe has a very distinctive nose. Also, there is no indication that she gave birth to a child, but considering the length of time between when the report was filed and when the body was discovered (9 years) it's possible.

Lake Berryessa is a very beautiful place, close to Napa, Vallejo, Vacaville and a number of other (smaller) Californian cities. It was also the site of one of the Zodiac Killer's victims. I hope this woman can be identified quickly. :(

Attachments

• keyshiacomparison2.jpg
    keyshiacomparison2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
The woman has not been matched to any missing persons cases in the western United States, Hancock said.

From post #1 Story link: http://www.kcra.com/cnn-news/19834961/detail.html

The above is my reasoning to not search missing women from that area!! I took that statement to mean that LE had investigated and ruled out mssing women in those states! Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Washington?? That's alot of work, on their part, still, it's what they said, correct? I truly hope, I read that right!! Because, I have been searching missing ladies away from those states!!

If Ms. Taylor was abducted from her home (which is what is suspected) it's possible that the perp took her anywhere! :eek: It has been my experience, in sleuthing and reading true crime, that not all foul play, murders, etc. are committed close to the initial disappearance of the missing! So, Ms. Taylor looked similar and went missing around the estimated time of death! I'll keep looking for others, however!!

I saw that quote too - I'm not quite sure what to make of it! I don't think investigators perused through every single missing persons report of women in the Western States, but on the off chance they did, it's very possible they missed someone now and again! ;)

I think Lakisha Taylor is a feasible option, and I don't think her location rules her out. But Lake Berryessa (IIRC) is not just off an interstate... you have to take a small state highway and then a number of small country roads to get there. It achieved a small measure of infamy from being the site of one of the Zodiac victims, but other than that, it isn't very notable. I can't imagine that a non-local to the Napa area would know to take her there, that's all.

I'm continuing to look as well because this case really interests & disturbs me. I really hope she can be identified quickly and does not end up in a landfill or sitting in a box in the Napa County Sheriff's Office for years/months. :(

Do any of the missing persons clearinghouse-type websites have an option to view by race? I think that would be quite helpful. I'll have to suggest it sometime.

NAMUS.gov has that option. Doe lists it if you search by male/female....it in the case information beside age range.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back