Peculiar letters from the RN

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm asking if anybody sees anything unusual about these letters abcde clipped from the RN and shown below.

I'll bite. First of all the letters look unnatural. In fact, they look painstakingly made. Some of the letters lean in different directions making for a very awkward printing style, and I believe anyone printing in this fashion would be very slow going about it. One of the reasons we have cursive writing is for speed's sake. Printing takes more time, but this style of print would use up more time on the clock.

Okay so I moved them over to Windows Pic & Fax, enlarged them, and I can see an unusual amount of detail has gone into the making of each letter. What would normally be ovals or circles on the a b d and e are actually squares. Weird!!!

It screams fake ransom note to me, and PRDI, imo.

I'll bite. First of all the letters look unnatural. In fact, they look painstakingly made. Some of the letters lean in different directions making for a very awkward printing style, and I believe anyone printing in this fashion would be very slow going about it. One of the reasons we have cursive writing is for speed's sake. Printing takes more time, but this style of print would use up more time on the clock.

Okay so I moved them over to Windows Pic & Fax, enlarged them, and I can see an unusual amount of detail has gone into the making of each letter. What would normally be ovals or circles on the a b d and e are actually squares. Weird!!!

I'm sure you could add what is highlighted to your 'case facts' thread.

You've jumped from squares to PRDI. Thats like a quantum leap that left behind any logical or reasoning steps, other than the preconception that PRDI. Its your opinion, so thats OK.

I apologize for my IDI-ness. I'm still learning, I have to actually reason this out. Dont get me wrong, your post is fantastic! Unnatural, slow, awkward, and painstakingly made screams ESL to me.

The RN author is known to exist. It is not factually known who the author is. The squares where circles are expected are known to exist.

IDI or RDI, you can assume the squares are due to the RN author disguising their handwriting. It is an assumption, though. IMO I would also look for another cause for squares, because the length of the ransom note, 300+ words, or 1500+ characters, casts some doubt that the RN author had any fear of leaving their own natural handwriting.

What if the squares are part of the RN author's natural handwriting?

I believe Patsy wrote the ransom note, but I have no idea who killed JBR. I followed this case for some little time after the murder, but am really rusty on names, occupations, and how the various people fit into the puzzle anymore.

Actually I don't think it's a quantum leap. From looking at the note and letters it's blatantly obvious the person was trying to disguise their handwriting. A small foreign faction would have no reason to do that now would they?:crazy:

Also, who would go to that much trouble to disguise their handwriting? Firstly, someone with plenty of time for writing and editing the note, and for whom it was an amusing game in and of itself. Secondly, such stylized printing on a ransom note is overkill wouldn't you say?

Someone who would devote hours to a single painting seems like a very good candidate to me, a person with an artiste's mindset who gloats over their own abilities and talents. The writer is a person who invested a lot of time and invention in the note, though by doing so, thus also exposed their naivete about such things. This person believes him or herself to be quite talented, resourceful, and cunning.

My question would then be, "Who besides PR would've written this note this way?" Certainly not BR. Not JR, he's a bottom line kind of guy, and in his position leaves detailed tasks to his underlings. PR is detail oriented to the nth degree.

I've always thought if John killed Jonbenet that Patsy would've stuck by--not her man, but the money he made.

I almost missed seeing your question about the squares being part of someone's normal printing. How likely do you think that is? How many people in a hundred, a thousand, a million might print that way? What would it say about that person? You can have squares, but you can't have squares plus letters that lean in different directions. Utterly absurd, and even more proof Patsy wrote it. If squares were a normal part of someone's printing, I would think first it would have to be someone who wanted to be seen as very different. It would also have to be an obsessive-compulsive trait. Patsy again.

Actually I don't think it's a quantum leap. From looking at the note and letters it's blatantly obvious the person was trying to disguise their handwriting. A small foreign faction would have no reason to do that now would they?:crazy:

Not to me. The fact that the note is 1500+ characters long, suggests its author did not care about disguising their handwriting. Its a paradox, don't you see?

I use the term RN author, because unlike you, I don't know who wrote the RN. I am in good company, too. Neither does BPD or the DA. If the RN author truely wished to mask their authorship, the ransom note would be very brief. The length of the ransom note belies the claim that the RN author disguised their writing.

It is only a claim that the RN author disguised their writing. 'Blatantlly obvious' isn't really so. It is possibly a natural handwriting trait.

IIRC Patsy Ramsey could not be excluded. Was there ever anyone else found who couldn't be excluded?

But studing the RN why does it have alot of PR's traits..Now this is coming from her London,her right hand sample plus her left hand sample..

IIRC Patsy Ramsey could not be excluded. Was there ever anyone else found who couldn't be excluded?

Uh, JMK was declared the author by a certified document examiner, with 99% certainty. We all know how that went. Right now, I think document examination is highly subjective and probably varies widely from expert to expert.

There is no document examiner that has mentioned the squared off rounded features. Maybe they never noticed or decided it wasn't important.

But studing the RN why does it have alot of PR's traits..Now this is coming from her London,her right hand sample plus her left hand sample..

That it has PR traits is your claim casually stated as fact. The RN has no PR traits.

There is no evidence to suggest PR authored the ransom note. Dont take my word for it, thats according to US Secret Service examination.

You know there have been plenty that said it was PR's writting and some said it was not, and out of all writting samples PR was the only one that couldn't be excluded..Now on this note yes, I really started studing the different writtings from PR and The RN just to find out why..To state that NO, I wouldn't want what happen to Tom Miller to happen to me...And tell the truth I was asking why not stating a fact...

You know there have been plenty that said it was PR's writting and some said it was not, and out of all writting samples PR was the only one that couldn't be excluded..Now on this note yes, I really started studing the different writtings from PR and The RN just to find out why..To state that NO, I wouldn't want what happen to Tom Miller to happen to me...And tell the truth I was asking why not stating a fact...

Thru rose colored glasses...

There was a group of CDE's that were consulted on a professional level by the investigating authority. None of the group said it was PR's writing. End of story, and there's no tap-backs. The fact that this group came up empty was really a major blow to RDI, they don't know when to walk off the field.

If that wasn't enough, further study at the federal level, also initiated by the investigating authority, stated there was no evidence to suggest PR executed any of the material in ransom note.

I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're picking and choosing what to read. The idea that 'it was PR's writing' is something you claim to exist when really it doesn't. Like prior abuse, handwriting match is a RDI myth .

Personally, I see no similarity between PR and RN author's writing. PR has loops, curves, and circles while the RN author is inconsistent, sloppy, with jagged rectangular lines where ovals or circles should be.

There was a group of CDE's that were consulted on a professional level by the investigating authority. None of the group said it was PR's writing. End of story, and there's no tap-backs. The fact that this group came up empty was really a major blow to RDI, they don't know when to walk off the field.

If that wasn't enough, further study at the federal level, also initiated by the investigating authority, stated there was no evidence to suggest PR executed any of the material in ransom note.

I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're picking and choosing what to read. The idea that 'it was PR's writing' is something you claim to exist when really it doesn't. Like prior abuse, handwriting match is a RDI myth .

Personally, I see no similarity between PR and RN author's writing. PR has loops, curves, and circles while the RN author is inconsistent, sloppy, with jagged rectangular lines where ovals or circles should be.

No love for McDermitt's forensic linguistic analysis which rules out PR as the author? :confused:

Just looking for input now if there was no proof of PR writting this RN why was Tom Miller attacked if there wasn't anything to it..And personally I read everything I don't pick and chose...

Those were all preliminary reports. By 1999, it was pretty clear that PR was seriously considered. Ubowski himself told his boss, Pete Mang that he believed she wrote it. FOX reported that Ubowski said the only thing that kept him from saying so 100% was "bleeding ink and disguised letters."

"Came up empty," my eye.

Would you like to try me?

This is less a ransom note than it is a bit of creative writing which reflects back on its author, and the author's experiences or lack of them. I don't care how many experts are dragged out, one always has to go back to the scene of the crime, look at those on hand along with their actions. Actions are all very telling.

I don't know what kidnapper would leave the victim in the house if they had planned a kidnapping. If the victim struggled & was hit on the head too hard, why not go ahead and remove her & continue with the original plan? That would make sense. That didn't happen because neither kidnapping or money was what drove the assailant's actions. Common sense is all that's needed to deduce that.

I had some friends whose 12 yr. old daughter was raped by an intruder, at night, in the house she shared with her parents and brother. The intruder came in through the window in her bedroom, and held a knife to her throat. He didn't abduct her or kill her. nor alert the family's dog. Afterwards, the girl never felt safe there so her parents moved to a new neighborhood. It's obvious rape was the motive.

In the case of JBR, I'm not sure what the motive was, but it wasn't kidnapping for profit. In order to have it be an IDI, the motive has to fit with an IDI. If you can't find a motive that fits with an IDI, then you have to toss out the IDI.

These creeps who commit abductions for sexual purposes aren't dumb enough to leave the body behind nor commit the murder in the house. Sorry, MOO..

Killers don't spend time in houses with live people on hand.

Uh, JMK was declared the author by a certified document examiner, with 99% certainty. We all know how that went. Right now, I think document examination is highly subjective and probably varies widely from expert to expert.

There is no document examiner that has mentioned the squared off rounded features. Maybe they never noticed or decided it wasn't important.

If they didn't notice, and I did....
How in the H could they not notice?

So we have experts jumping the gun, and experts not noticing. I hope they're among the ranks of today's unemployed.

I don't know what kidnapper would leave the victim in the house if they had planned a kidnapping. If the victim struggled & was hit on the head too hard, why not go ahead and remove her & continue with the original plan? That would make sense. That didn't happen because neither kidnapping or money was what drove the assailant's actions. Common sense is all that's needed to deduce that.

I had some friends whose 12 yr. old daughter was raped by an intruder, at night, in the house she shared with her parents and brother. The intruder came in through the window in her bedroom, and held a knife to her throat. He didn't abduct her or kill her. nor alert the family's dog. Afterwards, the girl never felt safe there so her parents moved to a new neighborhood. It's obvious rape was the motive.

In the case of JBR, I'm not sure what the motive was, but it wasn't kidnapping for profit. In order to have it be an IDI, the motive has to fit with an IDI. If you can't find a motive that fits with an IDI, then you have to toss out the IDI.

These creeps who commit abductions for sexual purposes aren't dumb enough to leave the body behind nor commit the murder in the house. Sorry, MOO..

If ARDI, then rape was the primary motive, murder to 'silence' the witness, and RN is part of the staging to mislead LE and possibly frame R's or to send a message to R's.

This is less a ransom note than it is a bit of creative writing which reflects back on its author, and the author's experiences or lack of them. I don't care how many experts are dragged out, one always has to go back to the scene of the crime, look at those on hand along with their actions. Actions are all very telling.

I agree the ransom note reflects on its authors. Better check the beheading, execution, killing won't be difficult parts of the RN. Then, have a look at JBR"s injuries. Note the violence in both word and deed. There's not now nor has there ever been any confusion on my part on the nature of the perp, and how unlike the R's or any other known suspect. The violence in the RN is consistent with the violence experienced by JBR, and indicates the violent personality behind it all, IMO.

Intruder motive, IMO (and with sincere ridicule from many RDI), is that JBR was to be kidnapped not for ransom, but for keeps. She was supposed to be kidnapped alive and become somebody's slave in another country.

BTW, how does a kidnapper kidnap, or a killer kill somebody in their house without live people on hand? Maybe read up on Charles Manson and the Tate & LaBianca murders. They spent time there and killed too.

I agree the ransom note reflects on its authors. Better check the beheading, execution, killing won't be difficult parts of the RN. Then, have a look at JBR"s injuries. Note the violence in both word and deed. There's not now nor has there ever been any confusion on my part on the nature of the perp, and how unlike the R's or any other known suspect. The violence in the RN is consistent with the violence experienced by JBR, and indicates the violent personality behind it all, IMO.

Intruder motive, IMO (and with sincere ridicule from many RDI), is that JBR was to be kidnapped not for ransom, but for keeps. She was supposed to be kidnapped alive and become somebody's slave in another country.

BTW, how does a kidnapper kidnap, or a killer kill somebody in their house without live people on hand? Maybe read up on Charles Manson and the Tate & LaBianca murders. They spent time there and killed too.

What on earth does the presence of those words have to do with anything? It's a fricken ransom note so you use appropriate language. Duh.
What would you expect PR to write?

"Hi, if we don't get the ransom money, your daughter will miss her next pageant?"

I don't see how you can even bring up the Manson gang based on what I just said. What are you, 16 years old or something? The Manson gang didn't leave any witnesses. There's been a few killers who've stayed after a killing, one was even known to make himself a sandwich, but not one has killed, and then remained in the house with potential witnesses present.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back