Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MI - AMBER ALERT: Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #7

Thinking of Nevaeh.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Oh little angel, still no progress. Thinking of you.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flossie JMO For This Useful Post:

Thinking of little Nevaeh and her family.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melodyl For This Useful Post:

Saw a little girl over the weekend at an amusement park. Her grandmother called to her "Nevaeh" and I asked if it was spelled "heaven" backwards. It was, and I thought of our Neveah. I pray for justice in the case of this poor little girl who is gone too soon.
    Somebody knows something......please do the right thing.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:

It's been almost a year since LE made this statement.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for kidnapping and murder of Neveah Buchanan...
    http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...evaeh-killing/

We're still waiting, Sheriff Crutchfield, and praying that this pans out.
    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

We are still waiting, but Crutchfield has retired. I wonder if there is any fire left under them now.

Case Archive for Nevaeh Buchanan:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nan%20%20-MI-/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
    “When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
    That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
    “It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
    Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
    “We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
    The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
    We never quit,” he said.
    http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...-sheriffs-hat/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

That must be torture to KNOW who did it and still not have enough hard evidence to charge them.

Prayers to the LE and I hope you find the answers you're looking for so justice can be served. RIP Nevaeh.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

I wonder if publishing that they know who did it is strategic.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...

; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...
    Well, I HOPE that whoever it is sits in jail for something else. Who's to say they won't hurt another child otherwise.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Hopefully sooner then later.
    Just my, no one elses

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

Still waiting to see justice for Nevaeh. We haven't forgotten you, little one!
    A.K.A.....Lovethechild

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aqua For This Useful Post:

Monroe marks 4 years since disappearance of Nevaeh, 5

Friday, May 24, 2013

BY MARK REITER
    BLADE STAFF WRITER

The Blade - Toledo, OH

MONROE — It was four years ago today that 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was snatched during broad daylight outside her home at the Charlotte Arms apartments.

She was last seen alive in the parking lot, riding a scooter and playing with friends in the complex’s parking lot on a Sunday evening.

Quarries, woods, and ditches were combed in an exhaustive search. Ten days later, the rambunctious, dark-eyed little girl who loved motorcycles and SpongeBob SquarePants was found buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

Read more:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...-Nevaeh-5.html
    ~ ~ ~ Justice for Scott Wilson ~ ~ ~

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ann-Tx For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Tips Dwindle

Investigators: Number of tips dwindles in 2009 kidnapping, slaying a 5-year-old Michigan girl

Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared May 24, 2012, found dead days later

Published On: May 24 2013 01:51:06 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Last edited by bessie; 05-25-2014 at 11:13 AM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
    “When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
    That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
    “It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
    Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
    “We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
    The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
    We never quit,” he said.
    http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...-sheriffs-hat/
    Who is at risk if this person is revealed? How much evidence do they need?

Wonder if this is connected in anyway to the narcotic officer Luke Davis' trial that is going on? Who is at risk if they convict him on his 24 charges instead of 1? Seems everyone is getting off the hook on that pretty easily. Must be some pretty high up people at risk.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonflowers111 For This Useful Post:

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here on WS. But that certainly doesn't mean we've given up on Nevaeh! We just finished hosting our Fifth Annual Justice for Nevaeh Christmas Party! We had a blast. Over 170 kids attended along with their families and friends. We provided a free hot meal for everyone (turkey, ham, mostaciolli, salad, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, desserts!), free games, prizes, caroling, Santa! We also proudly offered Nevaeh's Secret Santa Shop- a place where financially challenged families can "shop" for free Christmas Presents for their kids. Our goal is to make sure every child has a few presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

We still sponsor 4-5 parties each year. Each party has a safety message for kids. This time we were joined by the Law Enforcement Education Program who provided free Child Identification kits for all kids in attendance. It's a fantastic program. You can read about it here: http://www.leepusa.com/kids-fingerprinting-program/

Monroe News did a nice story on our Christmas Party. If you're interested, you can read about it here: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/...ristmas-party/

As I said long ago, we will never give up on Nevaeh. It's going on 5 years, and we are still going strong-- and growing stronger and stronger, and bigger and bigger, every year.

God Bless all of you, and Merry Christmas!

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jess Star For This Useful Post:

Thinking of Neveah as the anniversary draws near....
    “We talked it over with detectives. We can’t do that right now, so we’re not going to do that right now."

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MIMOMMY For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    5 years later: Neveah Buchanan's murder still a mystery

Published On: May 24 2014 03:06:10 AM EDT

MONROE, Mich. -
    It's been five years since Neveah Buchanan was last seen playing outside an apartment complex in Monroe, Mich.

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete.

Early on, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department had named two persons of interest – James Easter and George Kennedy. Both convicted sex offenders who had previous relationships with Jennifer Buchanan.

But the two men were never charged...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5...stery/26138578

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Thus happened just a few miles from my home. People have not forgotten. This article states it is believed the killer is in jail on unrelated charges. I wish we could know if he is the one, though I understand gathering all possible evidence before bringing charges.

http://monroenews.com/news/2014/may/...mplates=tablet
    For justice, comfort, and peace

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Useful Post:

I remember this case so well. So very sad when they found her that way. I always think pf her.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Police Say They're Closer To Arrest In Nevaeh Killing
    By Ray Kisonas As of Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed. In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime. That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

“We have an eye on a person or persons,” the sheriff said. “We have significantly narrowed our focus.”
    Cool, Calm Crutchfield Hangs Up Sheriff’S Hat
    By Ray Kisonas As of Monday, December 31, 2012

Nevaeh: Unnamed Suspect Had Troubled Past
    By Ray Kisonas As of Saturday, May 24, 2014

The man in prison believed to be responsible for the brutal crime was born and raised in Monroe. He is now in his 30s and is a convicted wife beater. He is in prison on felony charges. According to court records, he was a problem teen who was suspended from school, had bad grades and fought with his family.

He was interviewed at length during the investigation but did not confess. Investigators, however, have strong reason to believe that he was involved.

“I’m 99.999 percent sure it was him,” said one investigator, who declined to be named.
    Two years ago we read that LE was closing in on a suspect. Now they're "99.999 percent sure" they've ID'd the right guy. Will another year pass before we read of an arrest? That would be okay if we could be confident it will happen. The above articles are reminiscent of reports in other cases, like Kathy Jones for example, where LE has a strong suspect, yet fails to make an arrest after 20, 30, 40 years and longer. On the other hand, I know that a LEO who is as certain as the investigator quoted in the article won't rest easily until a resolution is reached. So I'll add another candle and a prayer with a dusting of hope, and continue to wait.
    Last edited by bessie; 05-25-2014 at 06:05 AM.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Last edited by bessie; 05-25-2014 at 11:12 AM.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast