Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MI - AMBER ALERT: Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #7

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Salem: Seems to me that Nevaeh being found caked in cement is holding up the forensics...not sure how DNA does in that stuff. mho

If it's not George, it sure seems like someone trying to make it look like him. Whoever did this is sadistic - likes torture and suffering. mho

Hi Eyes, I just heard an interesting tid-bit watching Criminal Minds:

A perp who redresses his victims feels remorse.

I don't think the person who killed Nevaeh had any remorse at all. He was just finished and thought the concrete rock he created using her body would blend into the landscape. And he never looked back IMO.

PS: Hi to All, and I agree Salem, waiting this long for an arrest is hard to deal with. xox

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Still checking here for news of an arrest. Impatiently, I might add.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I know you guys are probably tired of my ranting - but..... now this

NOW - they are posting a $20,000 reward for info. It does NOT sound like it was GK or RS that did this. It sounds like the Sheriff/FBI does not have any idea what the heck is going on here. How can that be? I don't understand.....

There are more articles in the media thread about this.

Salem

I wonder if LE even checked the stores that sell cement to see who bought cement the week before this little girl went missing. I doubt if everyone and their uncle was out buying cement. The killer probably bought two or three bags. Every store in that area doesn't sell cement. No matter how much time it takes that should have been checked out if it wasn't. Who knows, it could lead them right to the killer. Hopfully the killer used a debit card or credit card to pay for it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Still checking here for news of an arrest. Impatiently, I might add.
    Yes me too.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is online now Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Thinking about Nehaeh today....I'm hoping for the community that the LE have the right guy in jail, and they are just crossing t's and dotting i's before they indicted him. Seeing as he is going no where, and if the charge him he has the right to a speedy trial.
    I just hope if anyone else is invovled they get to see their day in court too!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Nevaeh.

Little Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested yesterday afternoon for his murder. Here is hoping that I also check here one morning and find that little Nevaeh's murderer(s) have been arrested also.

There simply has to be justice for her!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Bumping for Nevaeh.

Little Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested yesterday afternoon for his murder. Here is hoping that I also check here one morning and find that little Nevaeh's murderer(s) have been arrested also.

There simply has to be justice for her!
    OH LaLaw, I didn't know that about Robert's mother and boyfriend. I usually check everyday or two for new information. I have been watching the first trial in the Christian-Newsom murders. Thanks. I'm also waiting to hear about an arrest in Nevaeh's murder.............very hard to do.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Just checking in for Nevaeh. The delayed arrest in Robert's case gave me hope, but this has been going on for far too long for Nevaeh. May justice for her come soon.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Nevaeh Buchanan case still unsolved

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Monroe County sheriff's department tells us there is no new information. There is a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Nevaeh Buchanan's killers

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=6980440

Bumping for Nevaeh..I just can't believe there have been absolutley no arrest's made in this case, I can only hope that LE is still waiting on more evidence to be looked into to pin this down.
    May justice come soon and your killer never sleep.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

I really believed they knew more than they were letting on.
    It appears I was wrong

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_Closer_Look For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_Closer_Look View Post
    I really believed they knew more than they were letting on.
    It appears I was wrong
    I was wrong then too ACL.

It's been three months, I can't imagine there are any test results they haven't received yet. Even any DNA test would more than likely have come back by now.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I was wrong then too ACL.

It's been three months, I can't imagine there are any test results they haven't received yet. Even any DNA test would more than likely have come back by now.
    Hi Kat, I know it seems like forever to me but look at the article below,
    apparently a Detroit Rapist took priority over Nevaeh so not sure if everything is back yet or not:

DNA search for Detroit rapist took priority

Snipped by me:

The suspect sought by authorities "was an immediate threat to the public," Capt. Michael Thomas, director of the MSP's forensic science division, said when explaining why the assaults were pushed to the top of the state's most-urgent list.

But authorities say the expediency came with a price: Thousands of other cases sat ignored
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The last case to get the dubious honor of being the State Police's top priority was that of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl whose body was discovered last month in a shallow grave in Raisinville Township.

"Any time we take to focus on one case, something else gets pushed back," Thomas said. "It's a very big concern" to public safety.

Perhaps of even more concern: One of the state's seven crime labs is set to close Oct. 1 because of state budget problems, and state workers still have five days of unpaid furlough to take in the next three months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At year's end, the State Police lab was behind 2,989 cases needing biological testing, which includes DNA analysis, Thomas said. Even after sending nearly 2,000 of those cases to outside agencies, the state, as of June 30, was still backlogged 2,341 cases -- and the number is climbing.

"We're behind and we're not catching up," Thomas said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090728/NEWS01/907280360
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

I guess a child murderer is not an "immediate threat to the public," even though, according to to police (sheriffs?), they do not have any clues as to who did this??????

I come here every day, hoping for SOMETHING...God, I know YOU will take good care of Neveah!
    Proud WS N-LIB

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

thanks mysticrose

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Checking again and see that no arrest has been made. When, when, when???

30. The Following User Says Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Events scheduled to raise money, awareness
    , last modified August 26. 2009 11:21AM

Fundraiser planned

The extended family of Nevaeh Buchanan will host a fundraising spaghetti dinner from 3 to 10 p.m. Sunday at Sgt. Stanley Romanow-ski Post 6896, Veterans of Foreign Wars, hall, 28945 Joy Rd., Westland.

The goal is to collect enough money to erect a memorial park bench in Nevaeh’s honor at Riverside Early Childhood Center and to start an annual preschool scholarship fund.

Raffles for prizes donated by area merchants in Westland, Garden City, Livonia and Monroe will be conducted, as well as hourly 50/50 raffles. There will be live music, face painting and clowns for the kids.

Memorial T-shirts will be available.

The cost of the dinner is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Tickets can be purchased at the door.

For more information, call Risa Thompson at 419-3232 in the Garden City/Westland area or Anthony Boyer at 497-3898 in the Monroe area
    http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/708269982
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I wonder why mom didn't show...I sure wish LE would say something.
    I am so glad to hear that 'other family members' are doing things to keep her name out there.
    Praying for answers....

Jennifer Buchanan was invited to Sunday's event, Thompson said, but she didn't come
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...s-in-her-death
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

33. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

You know....I'm almost certain to say that these types of crimes peez off and sicken LE as much as they do us. That's the faith I'm going by today....that they are working on it and something will crack. What's her mom up to these days??? This poor child......
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:

Still no word, no arrest, nothing. Rest in peace, pretty girl.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Any locals on here? What's her mom been up to and doing?? So sad...such a beautiful child to die so cruelly.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Still no word, no arrest, nothing. Rest in peace, pretty girl.
    I followed this case from the beginning. I thought by now there would have been an arrest. Always look to see if there was any news. So sad but at least they found this poor child.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

For all things, there is a season. For now, we wait patiently and faithfully. Today, as everyday, I offer prayers for you, sweet Neveah. You are not forgotten. Rest in peace, pretty girl.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

I have been waiting for a new post here for a while now. Sad, I had hoped that by now someone would have beeen arrested and held accountable for this sweet girl's life.

I hope the community has not forotten about sweet Nevaeh. We havent

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chicogirl36 For This Useful Post:

i know, i google her name almost everyday hoping that some news, ANY NEWS, will come. her killer needs to be brought to justice, she deserves that. so sad...

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:

believe09 is online now For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Thanks for bumping the thread everyone...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast