Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 814

Thread: Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

  1. #1
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,705

    Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

    On 48Hours Mystery last night they profiled the murder of Travis Alexander. Travis was a devote Mormon and well known motivational speaker. He was shot in the face, stabbed repeatedly and then had his throat slit. His body had been rinsed off in the shower, his bedding was found in the washing machine, along with his digital camera. The images had been erased but LE was able to get images. There were pics on the camera of Travis on the floor of his bathroom bleeding. There were also pitures of his ex-girlfriend who just happened to visiting the night he was killed.
    This article below tells a lot about the crime scene
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/125240

    Friends began to tell LE to look at Jodi Arias and they did. She was reportedly obsessed with Travis, showed up at his house, some friends believe she followed him and slashed his tires on more than one occasion, she would show up unannounced and she was extremely jealous.

    At first Jodi said she hadn't seen Travis in months but eventually told LE quite a tale of what happened. According to her two masked people, a man and woman, unexpectedly busted into the house, shot Travis, put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger but miraculously it did not go off. Jodi then claims she grabbed her purse, pushed past the attackers, ran to the car and drove off. Leaving Travis. She never called 911. Her account of what happened it a little more detailed than the one I just gave. Here are some links including the entire 48 Hours episode from last night.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...dStoriesArea.0

    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06...in;contentBody

    http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias (Jodi's myspace)

    http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander (Travis's myspace)

    http://www.***********.blogspot.com/...odi-arias.html

    It seems pretty obvious she murdered him. The motive being jealousy. LE has not found either murder weapon. It was never made clear (at least to me) if the bloody palm print found on the wall at the scene was Jodi's).

    Just curious as to what other people are thinking about the case.

    She goes to trial in 2010.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,169
    In the 48 Hours episode, Jodi said that Travis told her his legs couldn't move and later it said that Travis was down on his hands and knees. I couldn't figure out how he could be on his knees when his legs "didn't work".

    Also, Jodi taking her purse on her "escape" didn't seem too logical. Who takes a moment to grab their purse when 2 crazed lunatics are there to kill you?

    I think she did it.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    I think she did it and I'm sure a jury of her peers will convict her in no time once her trial begins and possibly give her the death penalty. According to her, if she is wrongly sentenced she wants the death penalty because she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life in jail - I can't believe an innocent person would say that. The fact that she drove and drove to the middle of the dessert and not once called the police and after a traumatic experience like that, wouldn't you tell the very first person you saw?

  4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,151
    I saw the show last night and to me it's obvious Jodi is the murderer. I don't see how she would think anyone would believe her story.

  6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    In the 48 Hours episode, Jodi said that Travis told her his legs couldn't move and later it said that Travis was down on his hands and knees. I couldn't figure out how he could be on his knees when his legs "didn't work".

    Also, Jodi taking her purse on her "escape" didn't seem too logical. Who takes a moment to grab their purse when 2 crazed lunatics are there to kill you?

    I think she did it.
    And what two crazed lunatics would just let her grab her purse and push by them?

    Nope, makes no sense.

    She sounds like the guilty party to me.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    416
    She looks pretty guilty to me.

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    972
    I think she is guilty. The website quick trips to hell, has a video on it of her speaking and she is soooo calm though the whole thing and could come across as being very believable to some. I watched it and her composure is shocking and the way she speaks. http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/
    Last edited by laura08; 06-24-2009 at 07:23 PM.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laura08 For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,705
    During the interview last night I noticed she kept wiping her eyes as if she was crying but her eyes were not even watery.

    I wonder what happened in between the time they were having sex, posing nude etc and her murdering him? Was the whole sex, picture activity part of her plan or did something happen to trigger her?

    It is violence and viciousness of the crime is disturbing and denotes alot of anger. And, why would she pause to take pictures of Travis as he waas diyng?

    Needless to say, Jodi seems a little bit like a sociopath to me.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15
    The fact that she did not tell anyone about it, drive to the police department, something! She said he was still alive when she left. So did she not care if he was tortured? And why would someone put his camera in the washer? She was the only one who had something to loose if they found those pictures. IMO, she is guilty.She did not even bring the story up about being there and two masked assailants until she was charged, interesting.

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to curioussleuth For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    299
    I think she's guilty as well. But given that she's a young girl and attractive, I don't think they will give her the death penalty. Life without parole, I can see, but not the death penalty, especially if her defense portrays her as crazy. She did say though that if she was convicted she wanted the DP because she didn't want to spend the rest of her life in jail. All the better reason to give her LWOP in my book.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,032
    She's the classic psycho girlfriend/exgirlfriend and is nothing but guilty.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Evan's Mom For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,092
    G to the U to the I... LTY. Girl You GUILTY!

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Recovering-Lurker For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    During the interview last night I noticed she kept wiping her eyes as if she was crying but her eyes were not even watery.

    I wonder what happened in between the time they were having sex, posing nude etc and her murdering him? Was the whole sex, picture activity part of her plan or did something happen to trigger her?

    It is violence and viciousness of the crime is disturbing and denotes alot of anger. And, why would she pause to take pictures of Travis as he waas diyng?
    Needless to say, Jodi seems a little bit like a sociopath to me.
    BBM: I assume she took the pics because like you said she seems like a sociopath and wanted a memory - only someone crazy would do that I would think, maybe she downloaded them to a laptop and deleted the memory card threw it in the washing machine, hoping that it would get destroyed and the LE wouldn't be able to get any images off of it.

    I wonder if he got a call from another girl/gf and she went ballistic and that's the reason the crime is so violent and vicious, from what I heard last night on the show, she was obsessed with him.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    GannyP's Avatar
    GannyP is offline Proud to be an American, the Government- not so much.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Posts
    271
    Why wouldn't she contact anyone for help after she escaped? GUILTY!

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GannyP For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,749
    It's fascinating case not because of any doubt whatsoever that she did it, but because of the way it unfolded and, most especially, the extreme weirdness of her spacey, undemonstrative, Mormon New Age personality. Frankly, it's unnerving to witness the incongruity between someone who presents herself as she does and some one who takes photographs of her mortally wounded lover.

    It occurs to me that she might have rationalized the murder by imagining that she was somehow "sealing" a celestial marriage with Travis; a total perversion, of course, of Mormon doctrine, but one that selfish people making decisions on an intuitive, supposedly spiritual level might be inclined to embrace.

    Just thinking on paper.

  28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by GannyP View Post
    Why wouldn't she contact anyone for help after she escaped? GUILTY!
    and why would she call him twice after she was driving, other than to give herself an alibi that she was not near the house - she is guilty IMO

  30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    I think she is guilty. The website quick trips to hell, has a video on it of her speaking and she is soooo calm though the whole thing and could come across as being very believable to some. I watched it and her composure is shocking and the way she speaks. http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/
    I agree, I watched it about 3 weeks ago and at first I was like "geez she can't be the killer!" until I saw all of the evidence. She's very confident in her story now (imo almost too confident), but it doesn't add up.

    Even the way she speaks. Her tone, everything, sounds fake to me.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittenish For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,100
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone more guilty. Casey looks like a criminal mastermnd next to her. I'm surprised there aren't any pictures of her actually killing him. She is a bold faced liar and I don't even think she believes what she says.

  34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,098
    Thanks gaia227 for starting this thread, I saw the story a while ago and was interested in seeing it play out. Her home town is Yreka and my inlaws live there, they don't know her or her family but that alone caught my attention.

    Her demeanor is so odd, she comes off as quite religious and demure, but the facts of the case and testimony from those who knew her and Travis indicate otherwise. Her story does not add up or make sense. The couple who took Travis under their wing saw many things in her that sent off alarm bells early on and she was not welcome in their home. Trial is scheduled for February 2010. I'd like to hear comments on what fellow sleuthers think her psy. profile would read like.

    Court minute entries can be found here http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...r=CR2008031021#
    Case History here http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp

  36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,021
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyzgirl View Post
    BBM: I assume she took the pics because like you said she seems like a sociopath and wanted a memory - only someone crazy would do that I would think, maybe she downloaded them to a laptop and deleted the memory card threw it in the washing machine, hoping that it would get destroyed and the LE wouldn't be able to get any images off of it.

    I wonder if he got a call from another girl/gf and she went ballistic and that's the reason the crime is so violent and vicious, from what I heard last night on the show, she was obsessed with him.
    I also watched the show, and the part about the photo memory card I couldn't understand at all. Why didn't she take the camera and dispose of it somewhere else, far away from the crime scene? From what I know of the case, it seems LE arrested the right person. Her story of fleeing from the intruders is unbelievable. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I also watched the show, and the part about the photo memory card I couldn't understand at all. Why didn't she take the camera and dispose of it somewhere else, far away from the crime scene? From what I know of the case, it seems LE arrested the right person. Her story of fleeing from the intruders is unbelievable. MOO

    I know. DUH! Why would leave the camera at the scene? I think about what I would do if I were in her situation and maybe I am just ultra careful but one thing I certainly would not do is leave a freaking camera with the memory card still in it. Maybe because I watch crime shows, etc I am more knowledgable about what resources LE has to retain that kind of info. She certainly did not cover her tracks very well.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:


  41. #22
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Thanks gaia227 for starting this thread, I saw the story a while ago and was interested in seeing it play out. Her home town is Yreka and my inlaws live there, they don't know her or her family but that alone caught my attention.

    Her demeanor is so odd, she comes off as quite religious and demure, but the facts of the case and testimony from those who knew her and Travis indicate otherwise. Her story does not add up or make sense. The couple who took Travis under their wing saw many things in her that sent off alarm bells early on and she was not welcome in their home. Trial is scheduled for February 2010. I'd like to hear comments on what fellow sleuthers think her psy. profile would read like.

    Court minute entries can be found here http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...r=CR2008031021#
    Case History here http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp
    I think she has entitlement issues and thinks she is entitled to certain things and once she has something or someone it is HERS. She has to be first and the most special. She is manipulative, she uses her religion to try to fool people into thinking she is something she isn't. After watching the interview I believe she is a sociopath. She is completely egocentric, everything revolves around her, she is a narcissist, self-centered and I do not think she feels any remorse for what happened. I think she feels like Travis deserved it because she was not giving her what she wanted and would not bend to her will.

    I don't know about her upbringing but I am going to assume she grew up with parents who had high expectations of her, were very religious and very concerned with what other people thought. I think Jodi was given most everything she wanted materialistic growing up and was instilled with strong ideas of ownership. She grew up and behaved as her parents wanted her too eventhough that was not who she really was. She became very good at masking her feelings. At some point I think she began to believe she was the person her family wanted her to be and she was able to justify or reconcile it when she did things she knew were not in accordance with her belief system. I think she was a very confused girl.

    She let her guard down around Travis. She exposed herself a little more to him. When he rejected her it was a harder blow because she felt he knew HER moreso than anyone else. I think there was a part of her that was scared he would tell people about their sexual exploits, her behavior in general and she would be exposed for who she really was.

    This is alll in my unexpert opinion, of course......
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:


  43. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    I think she is a sociopath and a manipulator. I wonder, if she didn't realize the camera was on the bed, when she tossed the sheets into the washing machine, which would make sense as to why it was located in the washing machine. She is definitely not the brightest bulb in the pack that's for sure. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

    I found this to be a very interesting read, not sure if anyone has read it or not yet, though I thought I'd share it.

    http://***********.blogspot.com/search?q=Jodi+Arias

  44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:


  45. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,098
    Good point about the camera being tangled in the bedding, she was after all a semi-professional photographer or had aspirations to be. Washing a camera and leaving it just did not fit. But rushing to leave a crime scene and overlooking or not being able to find it does make sense. How creepy was it that she took photos after the attack, did she intend to print them and relive the murder?

    I agree with all gaia227 said in regards to sociopathy, however in reading some of the news articles, comments and blogs I am getting a sense that Travis had a few different sides to his personality as well. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to justify what I believe she did to him.

  46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  47. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,098
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyzgirl View Post
    I think she is a sociopath and a manipulator. I wonder, if she didn't realize the camera was on the bed, when she tossed the sheets into the washing machine, which would make sense as to why it was located in the washing machine. She is definitely not the brightest bulb in the pack that's for sure. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

    I found this to be a very interesting read, not sure if anyone has read it or not yet, though I thought I'd share it.

    http://***********.blogspot.com/search?q=Jodi+Arias
    Your link does not work for me.

  48. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased UK-Jodi Jones - 14 - murdered
    By Doyle in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 05:56 PM
  2. WA Agueda Elizabeth Arias (3) - Longview WA, 2001
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 03:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •