Man arrested showing up for police ride-along

Sky

Inactive
Reaction score
Man Arrested Showing Up for Police Ride-Along

GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) — A Troutdale man's hopes of seeing the Gresham Police Department up close were fulfilled when he was arrested for burglary.

Wade Silva, 22, told Gresham police that he was interested in riding along on a patrol "to see what it's like." He told officers he had relatives who work as police officers in other states.

But a standard records check to clear Silva for the ride-along revealed that he had an outstanding felony arrest warrant for burglary.

Police snagged Silva when he showed up last Tuesday for his ride-along, 25 minutes late.

He's now lodged at the Multnomah County Jail (search).

According to police, Silva robbed a woman with whom he stayed for a short time — duplicating her key, then returning after he moved out to take a DVD player, eight DVDs and 100 CDs.

Police said Silva first tried to sell the goods to people who knew about the crime. Then he applied to go on a ride-along with the same law enforcement agency that was investigating the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122392,00.html

Sky

we not only run a check, but have to search them before they can get in car with us. this guy another example of why i have job security! :D

deputylinda said:
we not only run a check, but have to search them before they can get in car with us. this guy another example of why i have job security! :D

Never let it be said that the police aren't a little paraniod.

Why is it that people keep saying that criminals are not very smart people?

hi vicktor...police are not paranoid, they are extremely conscious of their own safety as well as that of others. as for stupid criminals...is there any other kind? it is stupid to throw one's life away for ill-gotten gains or whatever motivation. i know thousands of stupid criminals. and the ones that aren't tragic are often laughable in their stupidity.i could write a pretty hilarious book, maybe when i get really too old to deal with the stupid criminals...or the tragic ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back