Pet theories and vengeance

Sophie

Reaction score
Was just trying to persuade my mother who's an IDI to register on here. She and I are polar opposites on this case. For example, I think ST is the dog's b****x while me mam thinks he's a vile misogynist with a martyr complex. Anyway, she said that the reason she won't register is that she thinks that, RDI or IDI, we are all incapable of yielding an inch on our pet theories and that vengeance is all that we (IDI or RDI) care about.

I obviously disagree vehemently but it did get me asking: is there a single development that would make you re-think your view on this case? If a court found RDI or IDI would you accept it as being a fair reflection of the truth or would you take St's view that a court decision doesn't always reflect the truth? At this point, could you give a toss about vengeance?

Your mother is always right.

If there was RDI 'smoking gun' evidence, I would consider it obviously. Justice is justice. Personally I would never go to press with anything against a family without the smoking gun evidence. I could not stomach being wrong.

Actaully I would love for something new to work with just the truth of everything cause I'm tired of going back and forth..I keep reading these cases and saying maybe this could link us to an intruder..But on one hand I read more then it's back to the R's..

Was just trying to persuade my mother who's an IDI to register on here. She and I are polar opposites on this case. For example, I think ST is the dog's b****x while me mam thinks he's a vile misogynist with a martyr complex. Anyway, she said that the reason she won't register is that she thinks that, RDI or IDI, we are all incapable of yielding an inch on our pet theories and that vengeance is all that we (IDI or RDI) care about.

I obviously disagree vehemently but it did get me asking: is there a single development that would make you re-think your view on this case? If a court found RDI or IDI would you accept it as being a fair reflection of the truth or would you take St's view that a court decision doesn't always reflect the truth? At this point, could you give a toss about vengeance?

What grounds to regard ST as a misogynist???!!!

She should ignore my posts entirely. She would not understand my desire for Wolverine Revenge and the Revenge of the Sith. I don't she would understand our sith lords "experience the awesome power of the dark side"

Your mother is always right.

If there was RDI 'smoking gun' evidence, I would consider it obviously. Justice is justice. Personally I would never go to press with anything against a family without the smoking gun evidence. I could not stomach being wrong.

I know what you mean, HOTYH: jury service is one of my worst nightmares for that very reason.

Actaully I would love for something new to work with just the truth of everything cause I'm tired of going back and forth..I keep reading these cases and saying maybe this could link us to an intruder..But on one hand I read more then it's back to the R's..

You are right, Ravyn: a real new bit of evidence would be brilliant at this point.

What grounds to regard ST as a misogynist???!!!

In fairness, I went to some lengths on another thread to try to demonstrate that ST isn't a misogynist but, since you ask, my mother is a real Germaine Greer Feminist and she claims that ST's book is about as sexist a tome as she has read in decades. Her list of examples is endless but, to name a few, she took great exception to what she thought was his abuse of Kris Gibson and also couldn't believe his comments about the female reporters at JBR's grave. If memory serves, he spoke about their preening and wearing short skirts and me mam's comment was: 'Ooh, someone call the Morality Police: woman in the broadcasting industry feels she should look good.'

But this is where anyone with any knowledge of his book would steam in with a retort about his comments about Trip de Muth's clothing and AH and Tony Frost reading Playboy together to demonstrate that his book was full of anger and sadness but it wasn't gender, race or religion specific.

She should ignore my posts entirely. She would not understand my desire for Wolverine Revenge and the Revenge of the Sith. I don't she would understand our sith lords "experience the awesome power of the dark side"

Er, whoooooooooooosh! :)

Vengeance?Nah.It's more about being obsessed to know what really happened that night.And seeing the responsible ones outed.

I obviously disagree vehemently but it did get me asking: is there a single development that would make you re-think your view on this case? If a court found RDI or IDI would you accept it as being a fair reflection of the truth

Depends.I don't need another JMK circus.And imagine what a trial this would be,IDI,RDI,doesn't matter,going on for ages,10.000 experts saying fibers came from that jacket,another 10.000 saying no way,tons saying head blow came first,another thousand saying strangulation,hundreds experts disagreeing whether it was prior sexual abuse or not,etc:banghead:

or would you take St's view that a court decision doesn't always reflect the truth?

It;s possible,after everything I've seen that went on in this case....you never know.

At this point, could you give a toss about vengeance?

No.

In fairness, I went to some lengths on another thread to try to demonstrate that ST isn't a misogynist but, since you ask, my mother is a real Germaine Greer Feminist and she claims that ST's book is about as sexist a tome as she has read in decades. Her list of examples is endless but, to name a few, she took great exception to what she thought was his abuse of Kris Gibson and also couldn't believe his comments about the female reporters at JBR's grave. If memory serves, he spoke about their preening and wearing short skirts and me mam's comment was: 'Ooh, someone call the Morality Police: woman in the broadcasting industry feels she should look good.'

But this is where anyone with any knowledge of his book would steam in with a retort about his comments about Trip de Muth's clothing and AH and Tony Frost reading Playboy together to demonstrate that his book was full of anger and sadness but it wasn't gender, race or religion specific.

this went all over my head. I'll stick to sith lords

Sometimes the truth doesn't matter in court like it should. That's the whole problem with the justice system now: the better liar wins.

As for vengeance, I'd like to say I'm above that, but I do have brief moments of inner darkness.

You know, the irony is that my mother thinks that the JBR debate is compromised by IDI and RDI being so intransigent in their views. This coming from someone who, after reading DoI, said that there wasn't a power in heaven or earth that could ever make her believe that the Ramseys were anything other than innocent! And she calls us close-minded!

Sometimes the truth doesn't matter in court like it should. That's the whole problem with the justice system now: the better liar wins.

As for vengeance, I'd like to say I'm above that, but I do have brief moments of inner darkness.

TY Dave. I think you are right but I'd add that the system now favours defendants to a mad degree in terms of laws of evidence, police powers etc.

WRT vengeance, I honestly just want to know what happened to snuff the life out of a precious child. Punishment at this point is almost an academic point given that one suspect is now dead and any other perp has evaded justice for twelve years already.

Vengeance?Nah.It's more about being obsessed to know what really happened that night.And seeing the responsible ones outed.

Depends.I don't need another JMK circus.And imagine what a trial this would be,IDI,RDI,doesn't matter,going on for ages,10.000 experts saying fibers came from that jacket,another 10.000 saying no way,tons saying head blow came first,another thousand saying strangulation,hundreds experts disagreeing whether it was prior sexual abuse or not,etc:banghead:

It;s possible,after everything I've seen that went on in this case....you never know.

No.

*Wonderful * post Madeleine :clap:

TY Dave. I think you are right but I'd add that the system now favours defendants to a mad degree in terms of laws of evidence, police powers etc.

WRT vengeance, I honestly just want to know what happened to snuff the life out of a precious child. Punishment at this point is almost an academic point given that one suspect is now dead and any other perp has evaded justice for twelve years already.

Let me say this, Sophie: when PR died, I gave up any ideas of vengeance. I hoped for redemption, not just for me but for her as well. I cried when she passed on.

You know, the irony is that my mother thinks that the JBR debate is compromised by IDI and RDI being so intransigent in their views. This coming from someone who, after reading DoI, said that there wasn't a power in heaven or earth that could ever make her believe that the Ramseys were anything other than innocent! And she calls us close-minded!

I think I would like your mother. :dance:

I think I would like your mother. :dance:

Not to get off-subject, but I think my father would have liked you, Roy. You're his kind of man. (And as anyone who knows me around here can tell you, that is high praise.)

Let me say this, Sophie: when PR died, I gave up any ideas of vengeance. I hoped for redemption, not just for me but for her as well. I cried when she passed on.

What an amazing post, Dave: it summarises beautifully the complexity of most people's feelings about this case and demonstrates (as if we needed extra evidence) your sensitivity and decency in particular. TY.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back