NC - Ray Demery for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Lumberton, 2009

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5428924/

I say "Hooray!" for this mom. It would have been better if she would have stayed at home with her daughter instead of going out, but at least she took her daughter seriously and came home when she was called. I hope this is in pain for a few weeks from the gunshot wounds and that he goes to jail.

Who would ask a 43-year old man to babysit their 7 year old daughter? UGH.

It's okay with me that mom shot him! The dude then lied to the police about who and why he was shot - that's pretty hinky.

This is another case of Be On the Lookout for men that want to hang with your children! Dang! or is that Bang?

Salem

What did she think was going to happen if she left her little daughter alone wiht a man in his 4o's who looks like that guy? Unreal.

By looks alone he shouldn't be left with her :eek: ... the age part doesn't bother me nearly as bad, but then again I am 44 :) .

I can't blame her for her anger and for what she did after her she got home. She did have bad judgment in leaving her daughter with that man. Years ago when we moved to Florida we had a 6 week old baby. The neighborhood was new, and our next door neighbor lived with his sister and mother. He was always around to help anyone with anything - putting up ceiling fans, take you to the airport, etc.

When our daughter was about three years old he offered to babysit her if I ever needed help. He said he L-O-V-E-D children soooo much! There was always something about him that I didn't fully trust - just a gut instinct. But when he said that a red flag went up. I never let him babysit ever.

A few years later our street was filled with FBI agents who were raiding his home. He had made counterfeit bank cashier checks, had gone to another area of Florida and bought volumes of expensive computer equipment he said was for a start-up business. He paid for the computers with a bank cashier's check he counterfeited. He then waited a week, and took the all of the computers back to a different store of the same chain in yet a different part of Florida. The unknowing store gave him his money back based on his receipt, paid for by the fraudulent funds. He did this scam to the tune of $388,000 or more. Turns out he was a felon on parole from the state of New York. He had three different aliases, and in fact, had violated his parole by moving away from the state of New York. Five years later I saw his poster for ten most wanted in Florida while getting my car tag renewed. Seems he had absconded from parole once again. I never knew if LE caught him or not before I left Florida last year. That experience taught me that gut instincts are a very good thing.

Not cool or right. If everyone shot a person they thought deserved it, we would all be dead. Now a young girl may lose the most important person who should be by her side helping her heal from an assault. Vigilante justice is great fun to watch in the movies; in real life, it is just sad.

I can't blame her for her anger and for what she did after her she got home. She did have bad judgment in leaving her daughter with that man. Years ago when we moved to Florida we had a 6 week old baby. The neighborhood was new, and our next door neighbor lived with his sister and mother. He was always around to help anyone with anything - putting up ceiling fans, take you to the airport, etc.

When our daughter was about three years old he offered to babysit her if I ever needed help. He said he L-O-V-E-D children soooo much! There was always something about him that I didn't fully trust - just a gut instinct. But when he said that a red flag went up. I never let him babysit ever.

A few years later our street was filled with FBI agents who were raiding his home. He had made counterfeit bank cashier checks, had gone to another area of Florida and bought volumes of expensive computer equipment he said was for a start-up business. He paid for the computers with a bank cashier's check he counterfeited. He then waited a week, and took the all of the computers back to a different store of the same chain in yet a different part of Florida. The unknowing store gave him his money back based on his receipt, paid for by the fraudulent funds. He did this scam to the tune of $388,000 or more. Turns out he was a felon on parole from the state of New York. He had three different aliases, and in fact, had violated his parole by moving away from the state of New York. Five years later I saw his poster for ten most wanted in Florida while getting my car tag renewed. Seems he had absconded from parole once again. I never knew if LE caught him or not before I left Florida last year. That experience taught me that gut instincts are a very good thing.

WOW KAt! you dodge that one. My gut never lies.

I have to agree with Southcitymom on this one. I do understand the impulse to shoot the man. I am not sure that if I had been in the same situation and I had a gun handy I wouldn't be facing jail time. Just to be honest. I hope this young lady has the support and love she needs to recover.

I have to note:

A Pembroke woman told deputies she asked Demery to watch her 7-year-old daughter Saturday night. While she was out, she got a call from her child to come home, only to find Demery locked outside her house. When the girl told her mother that Demery had touched her inappropriately, the mother opened fire, hitting him twice, deputies said.

From http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5428924/

Way to go, little girl! Not only calling her mom, but locking the outside? Jeeze, she might not have been smart to leave her daughter with this guy, but that mom sure did train her daughter pretty well!

I suspect that this level of reaction, as well as the clearly thorough training of her 7 year old, stems from the mom having been abused as a child - though that is just supposition.

However, again - great job by a 7 year old to protect her body and tell her mom what was happening. I just hope the mom's extreme reaction (and subsequent legal troubles) doesn't prevent the child from being so open and direct in the future.

Not cool or right. If everyone shot a person they thought deserved it, we would all be dead. Now a young girl may lose the most important person who should be by her side helping her heal from an assault. Vigilante justice is great fun to watch in the movies; in real life, it is just sad.

Southcity, I usually agree with your posts, we think alike. However (here it comes) in regards to vigilante justice, I think there should be more. Just look back over the cases of molested children. How many times do we see the "perp/molestor" getting nothing but a slap on the wrist. If more parents hurt/beats/shoots/kills the molestor, we never have to worry about the courts turning them loose to prey on other children again. Yeah, it isn't in accordance with our "justice" system, but from what I'm seeing lately in our justice system, it protects the perp instead of the child.

I don't want to say "whack" the molestor, but it would mean one less person that acts out HIS/or lately HERS sexual fantasies on OUR children. I've already told my sons and son-in-laws, to just give me the gun, they still have families to care for. It's a dirty job and if our courts won't do it, someone has to.

As long as there are mothers on the jury....no way will she be convicted. IMO.

Personally, I would like to donate some money to her defense fund.

While I don't condone what she did...I could have very easily have been her. Lucky for me, the SOB was already far away from me when I found out. If he were standing in front of me....I probably would have done the exact same thing. Well, not exactly, I'm an incredibly good shot.

Wait....the mother wasn't charged!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

I agree SCM, even though I do understand the passions that come out when things like this happens. But it is never the answer and more often than not exacerbates the situation instead of quelling it.

Remember Ellie Nesler? She killed the man who was on trial for molesting her son and she went away to prison for 3 years and got out then because she had breast cancer only to return to prison for another three years because of drugs, iirc. That was years that could have made a difference in her son's life by having a mother when he needed her. Yet, what happened to her son? Did he learn that violence was the only way to solve his problems? Evidently so... for he went on to stomp a neighbor to death and is in prison for life.

So victims are left behind when something like this is done,,,, not just the bad creepy dude, but so many victims are affected by those actions taken.

She easily could have held the gun on him and called 911 and waited for them to arrive.

I do not believe in vigilante justice. It tears down the very fabric of our justice system and in the end often the lives of others are far worse off after someone took justice into their own hands.

imo

I agree SCM, even though I do understand the passions that come out when things like this happens. But it is never the answer and more often than not exacerbates the situation instead of quelling it.

Remember Ellie Nesler? She killed the man who was on trial for molesting her son and she went away to prison for 3 years and got out then because she had breast cancer only to return to prison for another three years because of drugs, iirc. That was years that could have made a difference in her son's life by having a mother when he needed her. Yet, what happened to her son? Did he learn that violence was the only way to solve his problems? Evidently so... for he went on to stomp a neighbor to death and is in prison for life.

So victims left behind when something like this is done is not the bad creepy dude but so many other victims are affected by those actions taken.

She easily could have held the gun on him and called 911 and waited for them to arrive.

I do not believe in vigilante justice. It tears down the very fabric of our justice system and in the end often the lives of others are far worse off after someone took justice into their own hands.

imo

As much as I sympathize with the mother's anger, I have to say that this was not worth more trouble and heartache to this family.

He didn't die.
If she has a clean record she will be able to plea to a much lesser crime.
She has already talked too much.
I would have said I thought he was an intruder, oops.

I had a very good male friend from high school. He is a dad with a daughter and 2 sons. I have never thought anything off about him and have known him very well for years. He was even our family photographer for many years. However I had stopped by to see him one day and had my then 2 year old with me and had to run an errand taking me to the next town. I would have been gone for about an hour. This friend of mine offered to watch my daughter for me while I ran this errand so I would not have to take her out f the car. Well I thankfully declined but he kept on almost insisting. That made my hair on my head stand up, and I of course took her with me. I have not seen him since. Something about the way he was so insistent was a red flag to me. He may not have had any bad intentions but I was not willing to take that chance. A mom;s instinct is NOT something one needs to ignore.

He's horrible looking. How could she leave her child with him?

While I understand her instincts and gut reaction, two wrongs never make a wright, even if it feels good. What if the little girl had lied? I don't think she did in this case, but what if. That is what trials and justice is all about. You can't un-shoot someone when you find out what really happened. And then the family is ruined even more because of a "heat of the moment" reaction.

I'm proud of the little girl for her quick thinking. I hope she will be ok. I can't say the mom impresses me much with her decision making skills. Leaving her in the first place, and then shooting someone because you didn't like what he did makes me worry about the environment this little girl will grow up in. I wish her the best.

He's horrible looking. How could she leave her child with him?

That was my reaction, too - however, looks can be deceiving. My dad looks like a drunken Fidel Castro, but he wouldn't hurt a fly. Ted Bundy, on the other hand...

Southcity, I usually agree with your posts, we think alike. However (here it comes) in regards to vigilante justice, I think there should be more. Just look back over the cases of molested children. How many times do we see the "perp/molestor" getting nothing but a slap on the wrist. If more parents hurt/beats/shoots/kills the molestor, we never have to worry about the courts turning them loose to prey on other children again. Yeah, it isn't in accordance with our "justice" system, but from what I'm seeing lately in our justice system, it protects the perp instead of the child.

I don't want to say "whack" the molestor, but it would mean one less person that acts out HIS/or lately HERS sexual fantasies on OUR children. I've already told my sons and son-in-laws, to just give me the gun, they still have families to care for. It's a dirty job and if our courts won't do it, someone has to.

I agree with you blackwatch. JUSt because it is on the LAW books does NOT make it RIGHT!!! Just think of the precious children that we have lost just over the last few months not to mention years that would be alive today IF these perps and pedophiles would actually be AFRAID of the parents killing them. HELLO.... I think this is what we need. Obviously our law makers aren't doing anything to change the laws. I think we the parents need to do something. It is MY job to take care of MY children the way I see fit. Not the law makers. My children are not their first priority.SO until the law makers and law books make MY children and Other children the vey first priority OVER the rights of the law breakers (pedophiles/child molestors) then and only then, will I agree with the laws. If the law makers can;t keep our children safe it is OUR job (the parents) to do so.

Too bad the guy didn't die, she should have shot him 1 more time. Anyone was to ever molest my child, they'd have some very serious fears about their mortality without question!! :mad: This poor baby! FWIW- child molesters come in all shapes & sizes. I have an uncle who looks like a scary creep but is the sweetest & generous man around. I've seen 'gorgeous' child molesters too so I'd never judge by the cover. This was not the mothers fault just because of how he 'appears'. boo

I for one think ALL molesters deserve death, they cannot be cured! These creeps should never get another chance to harm any baby ever again!! WTG MAMA! Just wish you would have at least shot off his kiwi's too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back