1101 users online (231 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Alexander, 6, & Heidi Suddeath, 4, Roan Mountain, June 2009

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5431816/

Mitchell County authorities issued an Amber Alert early Thursday for two missing siblings Alexander Lee Suddeath, 6, and Heidi Elizabeth Suddeath, 4.

They were last seen on Roan Mountain in Mitchell County near the Tennessee line. Their parents lost sight of them while returning to a public parking lot on the mountain, according to authorities.
    Last edited by athy; 06-25-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5431816/

Mitchell County authorities issued an Amber Alert early Thursday for two missing siblings Alexander Lee Suddeath, 6, and Heidi Elizabeth Suddeath, 4.

They were last seen on Roan Mountain in Mitchell County near the Tennessee line. Their parents lost sight of them while returning to a public parking lot on the mountain, according to authorities.
    I've been hearing this on the news all morning. Is there more to the story? I keep listening, but they always say the same thing: the parents lost sight of them on the mountain. But I thought an Amber Alert indicated abduction? I haven't read anything about a suspicious vehicle or person involved.

i haven't even heard it on the news yet i only read it on wral. but i'm watching for more on that and also for the press conference concerning travis. nothing on either.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I went to the Amber Alert website and there is nothing more specific there either. No car description, or person of interest description. But it does say " If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Mitchell County Sheriff`s Office immediately at (828) 688-3982, or call 911 or *HP." But no indication as to why they think it is an abduction.

This doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully these two will be found safe.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 06-26-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: not information or family support

Edinburgh currently, but Wales is where my home always is
    Officials plan a press conference for noon today to provide new details.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...EWS01/90625001

I read somewhere (I'm sorry, I'm linkless) that authorities are calling this an abduction in order to get the Amber Alert issued.

Links

Another story ...

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/19853864/detail.html
    Has some information on why they are calling it an abduction.

NC - AMBER ALERT! Alexander Suddeath, 6, & Heidi Suddeath, 4, Roan Mountain, 2009

ATTN: update, for the record, this child has been located.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bre...ry/799344.html
    Last edited by christine2448; 06-27-2009 at 07:08 PM.

This is truly horrible. I hope these children have just wandered off and will be found shortly. From my "websleuthing", it seems these parents have already endured the loss of one child.

I have always followed these types of stories with concern and (too often) sadness. However, since having my own daughter one year ago, I have developed a whole new level of horror at these abductions/missing persons cases. I simply cannot imagine how I would go on and I have nothing but complete admiration for those parents who not only do go on, but are able to channel their grief into something beneficial. I know a lot of those parents are on WS and I just wanted to say I'm in awe of each and every one of you.

Amber Alert Issued For NC Boy, Sister

Noon News Conference Planned

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/19853864/detail.html

Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

kids that age are quick, even the best of parents can lose their child/children. all it takes is a couple of seconds of the two adults talking to each other. why weren't they holding the children's hands? perhaps their hands were full carrying things they had needed for their hike with the kids. also kids that age play follow the leader...if the one kid started running off chances are the other would follow.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    this is a strange one!

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    How did they lose the other child?
    From what I can tell, birth defect. Died soon after birth.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 06-26-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: not information or family support

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast