GUILTY FL - Lashanda Brand, 23, Orlando, 17 June 2009

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
6/26/09: Victim's remains discovered on Orlando's West Kennedy Blvd. 6/22/09 identified as 23-year old, Lashanda Brand. Unique tattoos enabled the victim’s identification. Detectives ruled her death a homicide, although no information is given in reports to-date regarding the cause of death. http://www.wftv.com/news/19873161/detail.html

Images of the tattoos that resulted in Lashanda’s identification are shown in the video of the 6/26/09 report:

• On Lashanda’s right shoulder, “Rah Rah ____ ___ ____ forever in my heart”. May have a date #-13-01. Uncertain of the words.
  • On an unidentifiable location, “Pooke”, with two cherries on a stem. Uncertain of the ‘e’ in “Pooke”.
  • On an unidentifiable location, a cross w/ looped top and "23rd Psalms".

Also an aerial view shown in the video removing the remains. Appears to be just off of a side road (maybe gravel) on West Kennedy Blvd. The report intro script said body was dumped in, “an Orange County field”, however, the video shows, and the field reporter later states, “in a wooded area”, which appears to be more accurate IMHO. Initial report (link below) noted, “near Forest City Road”.

Leshanda had arrest record of 5x since 2005. Charges including petit & retail theft. Nothing too serious, IMHO. Have not investigated all charges.

Lashanda's mother (not named, but, pics shown in the 6/26 video report) & sister (Carlene Brand) learned of her murder by seeing the local news and apparently recognizing the tattoos. Seems like a nice family. Doesn’t appear that Lashanda had children. Report did not indicate if she had been married previously, but, shares the same surname as her sister Carlene. The report also includes a pic of Leshanda with a young boy, ~7-9 years old, although it does not state her relationship to him.

Kenneth Moton, the WFTV field reporter, did an excellent job on this report, IMHO. :thumb:

6/24/09: Before final identification, Lashanda’s remains were announced to be those of an “African-american woman”, hence, not those of Tracy Ocasio, also missing in the area. http://www.wftv.com/news/19846410/detail.html

6/22/09: First report of the discovery of the remains on West Kennedy Blvd, near Forest City Road. Initially unable to determine gender due to decomposition, however, later images of tattoos on the remains were released to aid in identification. These images give some insight into the stage of decomposition as-discovered. http://www.wftv.com/news/19825612/detail.html

No information given surrounding the date, time or circumstances surrounding Lashanda being last seen. It does not appear that she had been suspected as missing by her immediate family @ the time of her discovery.

Unable to locate a MySpace page for either Lashanda or her sister Carlene.

Thanks Bond! I'd really like to know where she was last seen and by whom. And did she frequent The Tap Room. (I'm recollecting this off the top of my head, but I think that is the name of the same bar that Jennifer and Tracy have known to been at one time or another).

I really want to know she is another victim of one person.

Rest in peace, Lashanda! I hope we find your killer!!! :blowkiss:

Sure could use more facts in this.

Did she have a car? Is it accounted for?
Cell phone?
Last seen? Who? When? Where?
How long missing?
Work?
Recreation?
Where did she live?

and I think the Pooke is possibly supposed to sound like "Pookie"?? a nickname for someone related to the cherries - :silenced:!!?

I Googled, sort of unusual name. Found where someone was trying to find her name in Coldspring, Texas? Jones High School People Finder in Coldspring. http://names.allhighschools.com/school/jones-high-school/1049413

Sure could use more facts in this.

Did she have a car? Is it accounted for?
Cell phone?
Last seen? Who? When? Where?
How long missing?
Work?
Recreation?
Where did she live?

and I think the Pooke is possibly supposed to sound like "Pookie"?? a nickname for someone related to the cherries - :silenced:!!?

I Googled, sort of unusual name. Found where someone was trying to find her name in Coldspring, Texas? Jones High School People Finder in Coldspring. http://names.allhighschools.com/school/jones-high-school/1049413

The news report indicated that the family requested anyone w/ information contact them or the police. This kinda leaves the door open to contact them and ask for some facts. Out on a limb :poke: but, they might welcome someone expressing interest in helping.

That being said...I haven't found any contact info for the family. Just name of the sister. May hafta dig up a phone# and call @ the appropriate time.

The news report indicated that the family requested anyone w/ information contact them or the police. This kinda leaves the door open to contact them and ask for some facts. Out on a limb :poke: but, they might welcome someone expressing interest in helping.

That being said...I haven't found any contact info for the family. Just name of the sister. May hafta dig up a phone# and call @ the appropriate time.

Another site listed the sister's name. Don't know if I can post it. It's the same last name.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19873161/detail.html

Lashanda's mother (not named, but, pics shown in the 6/26 video report) & sister (Carlene Brand) learned of her murder by seeing the local news and apparently recognizing the tattoos. Seems like a nice family. Doesn’t appear that Lashanda had children. Report did not indicate if she had been married previously, but, shares the same surname as her sister Carlene. The report also includes a pic of Leshanda with a young boy, ~7-9 years old, although it does not state her relationship to him.

Unable to locate a MySpace page for either Lashanda or her sister Carlene.
*snipped & bold*

FYI ;)

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 9:31:37 AM

EATONVILLE -- Police have arrested a suspect in the murder mystery of a tattooed woman found on the side of the road near Eatonville.
Alan Jett, 40, was arrested Tuesday in the death of Lashanda Brand.
Brand's remains were found June 20 in the woods off of Forest City Road and West Kennedy Boulevard, which is near Jett's home.

The remains were badly decomposed, but several distinctive tattoos helped authorities identify her.

Officials are not releasing any further details in Brand's death.
Jett has been charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Orange County Jail without bond. He is scheduled for first appearance at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/1/man_charged_with_murder_of_tattooed_woman.html

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 9:31:37 AM

EATONVILLE -- Police have arrested a suspect in the murder mystery of a tattooed woman found on the side of the road near Eatonville.
Alan Jett, 40, was arrested Tuesday in the death of Lashanda Brand.
Brand's remains were found June 20 in the woods off of Forest City Road and West Kennedy Boulevard, which is near Jett's home.

The remains were badly decomposed, but several distinctive tattoos helped authorities identify her.

Officials are not releasing any further details in Brand's death.
Jett has been charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Orange County Jail without bond. He is scheduled for first appearance at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/1/man_charged_with_murder_of_tattooed_woman.html

Thanks for posting dearmont! Encouraging, IMHO, that LE nabbed someone so quickly. :thumb:

Suspect Asked 5th Grade Son To Help Dispose of Brand's Body

The man accused of killing a prostitute last month and then dumping her remains near Eatonville asked his fifth-grade son to help get rid of the body, records show...

Investigators received a tip that (Alan) Jett's son told a classmate about the slaying. They interviewed him at school late last month, and the boy spilled his father's secret.

The boy, whom the Orlando Sentinel is not identifying, told investigators an incredible tale, according to an arrest affidavit.

According to the affidavit filed in Orange County court, the boy said he was with his father when Jett picked up a prostitute from the Parramore area. The trio went back to Jett's apartment in the 7100 block of Forest City Road, and the adults went into Jett's bedroom...

The next morning, Jett told his son the woman had left. Later, however, the boy went into his father's room, opened the closet and saw Brand's body wrapped in a blanket and tape, according to the affidavit.

He didn't say anything to his father and went to his summer-school classes. After school, the boy told Jett he knew the woman was dead because he saw her body in the closet.

A day later, Jett told his son they needed "to get rid of the body" because it was starting to stink, the affidavit said.

Jett then wrapped the bodyin more bedding and asked his son to help him load it into the back of his Chevrolet Tahoe, the boy told investigators. They both got in the vehicle and dumped the body in a field.

(story cont'd at link)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-tattooed-woman-killed-070709,0,5600568.story

:parrot:

OMG!!! Just goes to show you never know what the parents of your childs friends are capable of. This is just amazingly sad. This boy was with him when he picked her up, then found her dead body in the closet, then helped the dad dispose of her, and if thats not bad enough he is now the person who got his dad arrested. this poor child I hope he goes to a family member who will love him and help him thru the difficult times ahead of him.

and definitely make sure this poor kid gets to a councellor or some type of perfessional help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back