Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for certain that Jane was with Jock the first time he passed through the KOA? Or is it possible he met her in FLA and she went to SC with him?

I imagine the answer is with the worker who met them at the KOA, but I don't recall if he said specifically. Previously I would have assumed that yes, she was with him. But now thinking about it, I'm not so sure.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...wESAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LeoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6250,8815370

Here is a link to an old newspaper article from 1989 which mentions Delores Jean Stanton. Oddly, it says that the police file on her as of that time no longer had a photo of her. It also says that Stanton's parents were living in Pennsylvania. I wish there was a photograph of Stanton somewhere to do compare/contrast analysis with the Jane Doe pics. It could be someone else, but if Jock was traveling across the country it doesn't seem unlikely that he might have picked up a female companion along the way. Hitchhiking in the 1970s was more prevalent than it is today.

Here ya go, elliottness.

Helen L. Stanton
1008 7th. Ave.
Beaver Falls, PA 15010

I did a last name search, and this is the only Stanton listed in Beaver Falls. I'll pm you with the number.

Here ya go, elliottness.

Helen L. Stanton
1008 7th. Ave.
Beaver Falls, PA 15010

I did a last name search, and this is the only Stanton listed in Beaver Falls. I'll pm you with the number.

Awesome efforts, BUT..and a BIG BUT....please don't call a family member about a possible match. I am at work and can't type very much right now, but I or another Mod will be along to explain. Work w/LE. If you think you have a match call LE working the case, either the missing person's LE contact or the UID.

Awesome efforts, BUT..and a BIG BUT....please don't call a family member about a possible match. I am at work and can't type very much right now, but I or another Mod will be along to explain. Work w/LE. If you think you have a match call LE working the case, either the missing person's LE contact or the UID.
I agree 100% I will contact the Gainesville Police Department and provide them with the information. It would be uncomfortable for me to call up Ms. Stanton who may or may not even be the victim's mother. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

I agree 100% I will contact the Gainesville Police Department and provide them with the information. It would be uncomfortable for me to call up Ms. Stanton who may or may not even be the victim's mother. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

Uncomfy for you and other reasons. No need to let anyone up or down...potential matches need to be sleuthed, then taken to LE and they take it from there. I have learned that is the best way to do it for everyone involved. I am sure those, like I was at one time, that want to jump right in feet first sometimes, or get excited by finds and want answers, and want to help bring things to light for whatever cases they are working on, the intentions are nothing but good. Just learned it's better to take certain steps.

I will try and find the sticky we have posted somewhere about tips before submitting and also a link where there is a discussion about contacting families in cases and post links here when I can, unless some else does it before I do.
Just keep swimming :fish::fish::fish:

I have read some of these threads but not all, it would take me a great deal of time.

I am not sure if the possibility has been discussed that the killer was from the area where the bodies were found.

Also the book of matches, these could have been the killers and placed on the male victim to hinder the investigation, so to speak.

My husband and I had to make a last minute trip from Conway, SC to Cleveland, SC yesterday. We got so lost coming back due to the google directions and our thinking that we could just reverse the directions in the order we got to our destination. I was thinking of this case as we were driving.

This case is very bothersome, that is for sure.

Has anyone called the LE in Sumter for any information?

I passed the city Oswega while traveling yesterday.

It will be a few weeks but I could take a road trip out there and maybe even talk to the LE handling the case.

I passed the road 341 as we were trying to find our way back to 378.

Delores Stanton, Missing 1976, Florida - Cold Case Investigations

I found this link. It mentions a 21-year old girl named Delores Jean Stanton who went missing in Gainesville, FL in 1976. Unfortunately there is no photo of her, but it says that she possibly hitchhiked. Her physical description is very close to Jane Doe except for the eye color.

I went to high school with Delores Stanton from Beaver Falls Pa. knew her well, I have a year book picture. I knew she went missing in Gainesville Fl, I googled her name just for curiosities sake and came up with this website. I am not familiar how it works, it is somewhat confusing and I don't know the objective.

went to high school with Delores Stanton from Beaver Falls Pa. knew her well, I have a year book picture. I knew she went missing in Gainesville Fl, I googled her name just for curiosities sake and came up with this website. I am not familiar how it works, it is somewhat confusing and I don't know the objective.

went to high school with Delores Stanton from Beaver Falls Pa. knew her well, I have a year book picture. I knew she went missing in Gainesville Fl, I googled her name just for curiosities sake and came up with this website. I am not familiar how it works, it is somewhat confusing and I don't know the objective.
Welcome to the forum. We discuss missing persons and unsolved cases. This specific area is dedicated to discussing a young couple found murdered in South Carolina and your friend Delores was mentioned as being possibly the young lady.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

I went to high school with Delores Stanton from Beaver Falls Pa. knew her well, I have a year book picture. I knew she went missing in Gainesville Fl, I googled her name just for curiosities sake and came up with this website. I am not familiar how it works, it is somewhat confusing and I don't know the objective.
Hello. This website is for solving unsolved crimes and this forum in particular is to help identify a man and a woman who were murdered in August 1976. I am one of many people researching this case and after reading Delores's description I thought she could be the unidentified woman who was murdered. I will e-mail you here for more information. Thank you and welcome to the board!

Go to this website http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/189ufsc.html

It will show sketch pictures of the unidentified woman plus a description of the circumstances surrounding the missing woman and her companion.

Can someone tell me how to upload a picture to this message board? Someone e-mailed me a yearbook picture of Delores Stanton and I'm trying to get it up here to compare with the Jane Doe pics.

hit the post reply button and scroll down to manage attachments, click on it and you can upload from there.

Welcome to WS Little Bear!

Well darn, elliot, nice try though! I was really hoping Delores would be the one. Depressing isn't it? Another dead end.

One good thing to come out of this is now we know what Delores looks like. Pretty girl. Maybe she'll match up with some other UID., but if LE has misplaced the file, it could be next to impossible if she has no living relatives to supply dna in the event a possiblity comes up. I hate to see anyone wind up as a subject for WS. So many young people and children robbed of their lives. It's heartbreaking, and the older ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31