650 users online (79 members and 571 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    We've got to keep this story in the public consciousness because my gut tells me that we are very close to solving this mystery. I think someone is going to come out of the woodwork either from his family or hers and then the floodgates will open. I'm just not convinced that Yakimchuck & Pettit are John and Jane. However, I do believe that whoever Jacques was, he was Canadian. I also think that his initials were JPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    The thread linked to by kitbits references a second thread about the couple at the same forum. This is the link to the second thread for reference:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.p...ic,1913.0.html
    I read these messages a few months ago and saw the picture of Yakimchuck. He doesn't look like "Jock" to me. One giveaway is Yakimchuck's receding hairline. Jock had a head full of hair if we are to believe the crime scene and autopsy photos.

Canadian Couple from 1973

Wow. I should never be one to select from a photo line up b/c these people look just like "Jock and Jane" to me.

What about the possiblity that "JFP" is a high school's initials, like "Jacques Frederic Prep?"

Quote Originally Posted by runr View Post
    Wow. I should never be one to select from a photo line up b/c these people look just like "Jock and Jane" to me.

What about the possiblity that "JFP" is a high school's initials, like "Jacques Frederic Prep?"
    It's possible. But the initials on Jock's ring were "JPF" not "JFP." Why do you think that these people look just like Jock and Jane to you?

Interesting tidbit from another news article:

http://www.chtv.com/components/print...85732&sponsor=

Years after the bodies were found, a Canadian connection was revealed. A man whose wife worked at a nearby campground said he played pool there with a camper he thought was one of the victims. He told the sheriff that the man said he was formerly a teacher from Canada. Ron Yakimchuk was a teacher.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link before, but this YouTube video talks about the missing SC couple: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchdufkJrgg"]YouTube - Unidentified Couple MURDERED - GTA's Most Wanted[/nomedia]

Quote Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link before, but this YouTube video talks about the missing SC couple: YouTube - Unidentified Couple MURDERED - GTA's Most Wanted
    yes! someone posted a link to the entire prog in one of the older threads. i watched it last year, but can't recall exactly when. it is archived here, but don't know when it originally aired:

http://www.rogerstv.com/option.asp?l...&arid=51&oth=2
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

I'd watched this video before, but just watched it again. Too bad they got the wrong info on where the shots were placed. We have to wonder why that is. You'd think they'd have checked their info out with Sumter. I'm still very curious as to the source of bogus information on this case. As I recall when the bodies were exhumed, there were head shots, not mentioned in the video.

I did some looking at the location where the bodies were found, and wondered if the pair had encountered trouble over in Lynchburg. From Lynchburg, it's a straight shot down 341 to Locklair Rd. If the killers had continued on Locklair to St. John's Church then up to Lynches River Rd the whole route traveled would have been a basic U shape to arrive back in Lynchburg. From a killer's perspective in Lynchburg, it kind of makes sense to place the bodies on the other side of I-95 to make it look like the murders occured over there, hence, not connected to Lynchburg.

Wish we could find out where that fruit stand was.

I have just emailed Rogers TV in hopes they respond to my question which was where they got the info for the story they did on the missing couple. Told them the shot placements were different than what they'd said on the show, told them about the bodies being exhumed, and that I was trying to track down the source of bogus information given to them.

I really don't expect to hear back from them, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We need a break, anything.

[QUOTE=justthinkin;3982265]I'd watched this video before, but just watched it again. Too bad they got the wrong info on where the shots were placed. We have to wonder why that is. You'd think they'd have checked their info out with Sumter. I'm still very curious as to the source of bogus information on this case. As I recall when the bodies were exhumed, there were head shots, not mentioned in the video.

hey there, justthinkin'...is there an article somewhere that mentions any new info discovered after the bodies were exhumed? i've been searching, but it's doing my head in...

If there is, I haven't seen it or don't remember seeing it. : ) Did you check the thread here on newspaper articles?

Kibets, you're an angel. You got me to looking for articles, and I reread part of the TruTV Crime library on our couple, and found the fruit stand was located off the Florence Hwy. I did a google for that, and came up with HWY 52 as being locally referred to as the Florence Hwy. Somehow I think that's something I knew already, but had forgotten.

Thing with tips is ya never know whether they're legit or someone trying to steer the investigation in a direction that points away from the perps. Someone operated that fruit stand, but who was it that reported seeing the couple there, the operator or a customer? If it was a customer, then whoever was running the fruit stand should've been able to corroberate that story.

I've been busy with work lately, so I haven't posted in a long time, but last night I was looking at updates on the Doe Network site, and came across this. I know it's a super long shot since the height, hair and eye color are off, but Doe Network's made mistakes in the past, and I think he looks a lot like the photos that have been posted.

What do you guys think?

About the Canadian Forum

It doesn't look like there are too many posts on either Canadian forum at the links, but i did register and leave a message that if anyone was interested, they could join us here. Figured with 2 Country's worth of people looking, maybe someone will find out who Jock and Jane really are and maybe they can get back to where the families are.
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast