760 users online (115 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetluv View Post
    I don't think they were reported missing. Maybe because of their lifestyle.. Drug trafficking? They could have traveled a lot but you would think in time, someone would find it odd no one heard from them and call the police. The way she was dressed..in a (cute) outfit with pink wedged sandles, doesn't seem like hitchhiking attire. If they had a vehicle, wheres the car and their ID? If not from SC, they must have had a suitcase.
    Whoever shot them, shot each three times..that's a lot. Interesting choice of neck back and throat..doesn't seem amateur.
    I'm not so sure about drug trafficking, but I agree with everything else you wrote. Where are their suitcases? It doesn't sound like they stopped at any hotel or motel nearby, I didn't find any information about any unclaimed luggage from that area and time period.
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Possibly they were killed for their possessions, in which case the vehicle would likely have been taken and disposed of and anything that wasn't valuable would have just been thrown away. It certainly wouldn't have been reported to anyone.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Possibly they were killed for their possessions, in which case the vehicle would likely have been taken and disposed of and anything that wasn't valuable would have just been thrown away. It certainly wouldn't have been reported to anyone.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    It's possible but the way that they were murdered makes me think that they were not killed for their valuables. What kind of robber would waste six bullets while missing their heads/faced or care about removing their identification?

This case seems so solvable, yet its not. You have not one but two people, no bullet damage to the head or face making them recognizable, and distinctive jewelry. Did ANY witnesses come forward over the years..if they were traveling through several states, you would think people would come forward besides the fruit stand and campground witnesses...which I'm doubtful of.

This case seems so solvable, yet its not. You have not one but two people, no bullet damage to the head or face making them recognizable, and distinctive jewelry. Did ANY witnesses come forward over the years..if they were traveling through several states, you would think people would come forward besides the fruit stand and campground witnesses...which I'm doubtful of.
    Their jewelry was pretty common. Her rings could be bought from flea markets; swap meets, bike rallies. I had one ring she wore. My dad had his ring that was bought from a catalog store.

Consider:

In the mid 70s, you give a ride to a guy and a girl to the next gas station or maybe you notice they are around town for a week before they move on. ~Forty years later, IF you happen to discover them on the Web, how much will you really remember about them?

In the last five years, my dad was visiting and we took a drive out into the country. Along the highway, we picked up a hitchhiker and gave him a ride to the next intersection. There was some conversation and he talked about maybe writing a book about his travels once he got home. That one detail is all I remember about him. I couldn't tell you anything about what he looked like or even if we learned anything about where he was from.

Unless Mystery Couple stopped somewhere and /really/ made an impression...
    What do we think? What do we know? What can we prove?

Hi everyone! I'm pretty sure someone may have already brought up Stephen Packard and Linda Lovell as possible matches, and I'd like to bump that idea up. I don't believe they've been ruled out. Some of the similarities I've noticed include beauty marks on both women's faces, on the cheek and under the nose. They also have the same bottom lip. They say Jock doe had scars on his back, as if he played a contact sport, and Stephen was a big beautiful lacrosse player with scars on his back. A few other details match up too. For example, If the ring initials were stamped like a monogram with the last name in the middle, that would make sense if his father or grandfather had the initials j.f.Packard (jPf).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by internetgirl101 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty sure someone may have already brought up Stephen Packard and Linda Lovell as possible matches, and I'd like to bump that idea up. I don't believe they've been ruled out. Some of the similarities I've noticed include beauty marks on both women's faces, on the cheek and under the nose. They also have the same bottom lip. They say Jock doe had scars on his back, as if he played a contact sport, and Stephen was a big beautiful lacrosse player with scars on his back. A few other details match up too. For example, If the ring initials were stamped like a monogram with the last name in the middle, that would make sense if his father or grandfather had the initials j.f.Packard (jPf).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    It's a good theory, but I'm not seeing it. Too many differences in the eyes, lips, teeth, nose, and even eye brows. Just my IMO though. This case really stumps me.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Scars on the back make me think of rugby, back when you could ruck the player of the ball with your boots. Rugby is very popular in Argentina, which has long been considered a possible home country. It's also possible they were from France, not Quebec, where it is popular in the southern parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by internetgirl101 View Post

Good theory but I don't see it either. Lovell and Packard do not look like our Does... not even close. There are numerous differences in their physical features.

Definetly a good find, but with both the male and female, I'm not seeing it as far as the nose and eyes go. I'm really puzzled when it comes to these two. I believe they were killed on a sun night? Was any events going on that weekend in SC?

Definetly a good find, but with both the male and female, I'm not seeing it as far as the nose and eyes go. I'm really puzzled when it comes to these two. I believe they were killed on a sun night? Was any events going on that weekend in SC?
    They literally rolled up the streets and went to bed after Sunday church in Sumter back then. Church, dinner, church, bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by reasonableguess View Post
    They literally rolled up the streets and went to bed after Sunday church in Sumter back then. Church, dinner, church, bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apparently there was an ice cream stand open.

The sad part is that there isn't and wasn't a system back in the day that could help locate those who were reported missing outside of US. Even if there was, there is no guarantee that they were ever reported missing. I have always been to a belief that they were traveling, they never contacted their family and they may have assumed they didn't want any contact... Or that their families were involved in their deaths. Either way, very sad and disheartening...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree they were probably traveling.

They might have been from overseas; the Montreal olympics brought many thousands of visitors from all over the world and many many of them stayed to see the sights of Canada and the US. (I remember massive traffic jams in Yellowstone Park; you had to wait in line just to get a parking spot to see Old Faithful.)

1976 was also still in the era of bumming around the country. You good get a week-long bus pass for Continental or Greyhound that would let you go anywhere in the US for around $75. You could still hitch a ride to most anywhere, and truck drivers were still giving rides. A couple of hundred bucks would buy you a used Kawasaki motorbike (as one of my friends did) or a beater of a car that would get you to somewhere. People would get short term work to pay for a tank of gas, or they'd panhandle or shoplift to get food (Google the song "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo")

Since they were found only a very short distance from one of the major north-south highways, it seems likely. If they were middle-class kids, they might have a bit of money on them--which might have been enough to tempt someone to robbery. A motorbike and some cash might have seemed worth stealing, and if they fought back or something, that might have pushed it into violence.
    Last edited by carbuff; 10-13-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast