1217 users online (202 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    www.wbal.com/article/174369/3/mans-body-found-in-baltimores-inner-harbor
    www.baltimorefishbowl.com/.../police-find-missing-mans-body-floating-harbor-fells-..
    www.baltimoresun.com/news/.../baltimore.../bs-md-ci-body-harbor-20150813-story.h.

Every few months college age men are also going missing and turning up in the Baltimore Harbor.

Atleast in Australia police are doing something right!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/w...es-sydney.html

gaia227 mentioned three potential victims over on the first page an the first one seems like it is too early for the timeline and the last one sounds like it could be a suicide, but I think Vernon could be a strong possibility as a victim. He definitely fits the victim profile and there is the interesting spray paint connection...
    http://footprintsattheriversedge.blo...es-23-new.html
    Last edited by thatonechickyouknow; 05-31-2017 at 01:16 AM.

This one was no longer in college, but found in water. Admins please delete if not appropriate for this thread: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...ver/381430001/

Quote Originally Posted by Ros View Post
    This one was no longer in college, but found in water. Admins please delete if not appropriate for this thread: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...ver/381430001/
    (Snipped) In May 2014, Hardy was arrested after attacking three police officers, but a judge ruled he was not mentally competent to stand trial.
    Respectfully & IMO - From the little bit that I've read about him he had a "colorful" lifestyle and his past suggests he had some mental health issues. I don't think this one fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy Lynn View Post
    (Snipped) In May 2014, Hardy was arrested after attacking three police officers, but a judge ruled he was not mentally competent to stand trial.
    Respectfully & IMO - From the little bit that I've read about him he had a "colorful" lifestyle and his past suggests he had some mental health issues. I don't think this one fits.
    I just saw this reported in the news and ITA.
    Hardy caught the eye of the Bills during his junior year in 2008 when the team drafted him in the second round.
    <snip>

He played college football nearly a decade ago. Also:
    Hardy’s condition at the time of his death is unknown, although his family realized he was missing on May 30 and reported it to the police, NewsChannel 15 reports.
    <snip> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3b5e4fcf27e4

I think, given his MI issues, this was possibly a suicide. Or, given his lifestyle, it could be a homicide. We will know more once a COD and an MOD are determined.

But, thank you for posting on it here, Ros! Maybe we could have a mod move it to the "Located" forum since Hardy had been missing more than a week before his body was found. Sometimes there's a bit of an overlap so it's hard to know where to post an item. JMO
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

I'm new to this website and I joined solely for this case because it turned my stomach in a weird way, like no other case has. I've never gotten a feeling of dread like I have from this one. Im only a few days in on learning of this case but I am curious of one possible lead that I can't seem to discover if it's been considered ever.
    A common connection between these males is A. Athletic B. Popular C. High GPA - how could a killer or killers know their GPA status with just looking at them. Obviously they could strike it up in conversation at said bar or initial interaction. I believe if it is a group they have a woman with them who would probably coax said information/ slip the drugs into their drinks. Intern later coaxing said male to venture out with them, BUT THIS IS NOT MY QUESTION.
    My question is could it be possible or has it ever been considered that the killer or killers are involved with the school board at all. Either in counseling, records, maybe they work a job that requires them to look at students over a broad spectrum of universities and has killed as they've changed schools or maybe have a job where they can access students informations.
    I know it's just my theory but it was the first thing that popped in my head and I trust my gut, it doesn't lurch for much in the world of the macabre.

Hi Olivia,
    I also am new here and in my case I am following the Massachusetts cases more closely. The victims and circumstances in the MA cases are very much the same but I am not convinced that they are related,even the MA ones, to each other. My reasoning is this (for the MA only):

There was no foul play suspected.

The majority of the victims had been drinking and partying, near the water and mostly on cold, winter nights. Even if the victims were described as moderate drinkers or "not intoxicated" when they left the place they had been drinking, once they went outside into the cold air this would increase the effects of the alcohol.

I am familiar with several of these areas and it is quite possible for someone no matter how much they think they know these areas, if you are intoxicated, on your cellphone and stumbling around in the dark, it would be quite easy to get lost and inadvertently stumble into the water.

Those are just my thoughts.

Could any body keep me updated on new possible cases as it's about to be "that" time of year again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    "Who am I?
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself.
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important... That you matter.
    Now let me ask, who are you?"

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17