Infomercial king Billy Mays dies - Foxnews.com

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
Fox news website has a banner that says Billy Mays, the loudvoiced pitchman for so many products has died. No further details are posted yet.

Billy was a native of Pittsburgh, PA - a hometown boy. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette recently interviewed him. He apparently had amassed quite a fortune from hawking items in his infomercials.

RIP, Billy.

Here's a link to the abovementioned article, which appeared in April:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09118/965948-67.stm

Wow! I was watching "Pitchmen" when I learned of this news. How sad. :(

Just.... WOW! :eek:

At the risk of sounding rude... Who could possibly be next? :(

RIP Billy

Wow. He's been doing the talk show circuit with another infomercial guy. They were on the Tonight Show that I had taped this week to catch whatever tribute the show did for Ed McMahon.

"At the risk of sound rude... Who could possibly be next?"

Ummm......unfortunately, Patrick Swayze could possibly be next.

"There before the Grace of God go I"....

Honestly, I find the last 10 days to be a wake up call. It's not about who we are or the status living we made, have had. It is about being human and we should never be so arrogant to believe it will not be us tomorrow.

Live, laugh, and love much. It's the gift we all should embrace more dearly. Every moment of every breath we take....

"At the risk of sound rude... Who could possibly be next?"

Ummm......unfortunately, Patrick Swayze could possibly be next.

And Walter Cronkite. What a rough week.

Man, he was also only 50. RIP Billy. May God be with his family. :(

Please,no more sadness....where is all the happy news?

Rest in peace Billy Mays.

something is odd. The comment section for the link I gave was removed. They don't normally do that unless they are commenting nasty things about a person. The comments I saw were nothing like that.

From TMZ:

Here's what we know -- Billy Mays was aboard US Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which landed roughly when the front tire blew out as it touched down. After the flight, Billy told FOX 13 in Tampa that something struck him in the head -- here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We called the FAA for comment, and a spokesperson told us, "The passenger needs to wear a seat belt during landing and he didn't."

~~~~
Since when does a seatbelt stop things from falling from the ceiling and hitting a person on the head?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/faa-billy-wasnt-wearing-a-seat-belt-on-plane/

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/billy-mays-is-dead/

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

I wonder if it is the same thing that killed Natasha Richardson?

Courtney Love could be next too. She looks awful!!

RIP Billy.

Wow, I just saw him on Conan the other night. How sad, RIP Billy.

i wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't show up as an epidural hematoma.
So now the airway is going to decline any wrong doing because he wasn't "buckled"? How do they know he wasn't...he said things were falling on his head, not that HE fell on his head, or bumped it on the overhead...no indication he wasn't buckled in.
Maybe I'm missing something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back