1165 users online (165 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

Gale Storm, perky star of 1950s TV, dies at 87

LOS ANGELES Gale Storm, whose wholesome appearance and perky personality made her one of early television's biggest stars on "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," has died at age 87.

Storm, who had been in failing health in recent years, died Saturday at a convalescent hospital, said her son, Peter Bonnell.

Before landing the starring role in "My Little Margie" in 1952, Storm starred in numerous B movies opposite such stars as Roy Rogers, Eddie Albert and Jackie Cooper. After her last TV series, "The Gale Storm Show," ended in 1960 she went on to a successful singing career while continuing to make occasional TV appearances.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/.../us_obit_storm

RIP Gale.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    LOS ANGELES Gale Storm, whose wholesome appearance and perky personality made her one of early television's biggest stars on "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," has died at age 87.

Storm, who had been in failing health in recent years, died Saturday at a convalescent hospital, said her son, Peter Bonnell.

Before landing the starring role in "My Little Margie" in 1952, Storm starred in numerous B movies opposite such stars as Roy Rogers, Eddie Albert and Jackie Cooper. After her last TV series, "The Gale Storm Show," ended in 1960 she went on to a successful singing career while continuing to make occasional TV appearances.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/.../us_obit_storm

RIP Gale.
    Thanks Dark Knight, I watched My Little Margie all the time cause our Dad finally broke down and bought us a TV. She was great and I am thankful she had a long life. God Bless her. xox

Oh my goodness! I haven't heard that name in eons! I have to admit,I thought she would have been older,and passed a while ago. I was just an itty bitty one when she was popular.

RIP Gale Storm.
    Last edited by capps; 06-29-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: correcting word

I remember Gale Storm very well, she's about 10yrs. older than me.If you like old movies she starred with Diana Lynn in the 40's in "Our Hearts Were Young And Gay",there was a sequel also.I liked her very much.She had a problem with alcohol in the late 40's, came back as was stated but never made it big in the movies again.Her sense of humor was fantastic..

She was also Susanna

She also starred in Oh! Susanna a tv show that debut in 1956. ZaSu Pitts co-starred.
    My Little Margie ran for three years from 1952.
    But, then, you all knew this.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

WOW, we lost allot of famous people this week. I was a young girl but remember her shows well. My mom and grandma watched her shows all the time. R.I.P.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Boy! What memories! My Little Margie..was my favorite, then Our Miss Brooks..Heck, I even liked Sky King and later on Bonanza. But of course I would like Bonanza, my cousin played the priest!

RIP Ms Storm!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."