920 users online (140 members and 780 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Man, Woman, Child found dead in backyard pool

Greenville(Pickens) South Carolina.....this is bizarre

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19895885/detail.html

*snipped*
    PICKENS COUNTY, S.C. -- Three people, a man, woman and child were found dead in a swimming pool Monday afternoon, according to the Pickens County Sheriff's office.

Assistant sheriff Tim Morgan said the discovery was made in a backyard swimming pool near Easley.

more info at link

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

They say there does not appear to be foul play? I can't wait to hear the scenario of what happened here then.

No foul play? Do they assume they all just happened to drown at the same time? I would guess murder-suicide.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

I wonder if there was some malfunction of equipment that caused electrical current to run through?
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    No foul play? Do they assume they all just happened to drown at the same time? I would guess murder-suicide.

ITA. In the pool too, isn't that really strange? I don't see how on earth it could be said that no foul play was involved any way you look at it. Wouldn't murder suicide still involve some degree of 'foul play?'

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6503784.html

Assistant Pickens County Sheriff Tim Morgan says investigators think the boy was struggling and the adults tried to save him while their 7-year-old son watched. Morgan says deputies don't think any of the victims knew how to swim.
    So sad.

This is so sad. Drowning happens very quickly. My prayers to this family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by Openmind View Post

that could be true, my husband older brother drowned about 33 years ago.
    he was with his cousins at the lake, when they tried to save him, he fought them off.
    i have heard that is what you do when your drowning you trying to save yourself and you don't relize there trying to helping you.

them poor boys were never the same, they either had to quit or drown with him. they were all about 15 and 16

Quote Originally Posted by RJA00 View Post
    that could be true, my husband older brother drowned about 33 years ago.
    he was with his cousins at the lake, when they tried to save him, he fought them off.
    i have heard that is what you do when your drowning you trying to save yourself and you don't relize there trying to helping you.

them poor boys were never the same, they either had to quit or drown with him. they were all about 15 and 16

That is so tragic.

Very Strange indeed. They have a beautiful pool, but noone knew how to swim??? This makes no sense.

Ok, Edited to add: I read the 2nd article, apparently it wasn't their pool.

Sad.

Dont burn the day away

Gosh, it is a sad story. I am shocked with no one being able to swim why someone didn't consider tossing in a life preserver? The umbrella or skimmer would have sufficed to allow them to grab onto to pull them to safety, too.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

man this is really weird.

so what happened to the 7 year old that was supposedly watching his parents try to save the 8 year old? why did the owners of the property have to find the bodies and call 911?

So sad. I live in the South, and I firmly believe that swimming is a basic survival skill. There is water everywhere in the South, and SO many social events are centered around water, I think they should teach swim lessons in public schools as part of their required PE classes. I know it isn't realistic, but I wish it was possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast