SC - Man, Woman, Child found dead in backyard pool

Shutterfly

Reaction score
Greenville(Pickens) South Carolina.....this is bizarre

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19895885/detail.html

*snipped*
PICKENS COUNTY, S.C. -- Three people, a man, woman and child were found dead in a swimming pool Monday afternoon, according to the Pickens County Sheriff's office.

Assistant sheriff Tim Morgan said the discovery was made in a backyard swimming pool near Easley.

more info at link

They say there does not appear to be foul play? I can't wait to hear the scenario of what happened here then.

No foul play? Do they assume they all just happened to drown at the same time? I would guess murder-suicide.

I wonder if there was some malfunction of equipment that caused electrical current to run through?

No foul play? Do they assume they all just happened to drown at the same time? I would guess murder-suicide.

ITA. In the pool too, isn't that really strange? I don't see how on earth it could be said that no foul play was involved any way you look at it. Wouldn't murder suicide still involve some degree of 'foul play?'

that could be true, my husband older brother drowned about 33 years ago.
he was with his cousins at the lake, when they tried to save him, he fought them off.
i have heard that is what you do when your drowning you trying to save yourself and you don't relize there trying to helping you.

them poor boys were never the same, they either had to quit or drown with him. they were all about 15 and 16

that could be true, my husband older brother drowned about 33 years ago.
he was with his cousins at the lake, when they tried to save him, he fought them off.
i have heard that is what you do when your drowning you trying to save yourself and you don't relize there trying to helping you.

them poor boys were never the same, they either had to quit or drown with him. they were all about 15 and 16

That is so tragic.

Very Strange indeed. They have a beautiful pool, but noone knew how to swim??? This makes no sense.

Ok, Edited to add: I read the 2nd article, apparently it wasn't their pool.

Sad.

Gosh, it is a sad story. I am shocked with no one being able to swim why someone didn't consider tossing in a life preserver? The umbrella or skimmer would have sufficed to allow them to grab onto to pull them to safety, too.

so what happened to the 7 year old that was supposedly watching his parents try to save the 8 year old? why did the owners of the property have to find the bodies and call 911?

So sad. I live in the South, and I firmly believe that swimming is a basic survival skill. There is water everywhere in the South, and SO many social events are centered around water, I think they should teach swim lessons in public schools as part of their required PE classes. I know it isn't realistic, but I wish it was possible.

So sad. I live in the South, and I firmly believe that swimming is a basic survival skill. There is water everywhere in the South, and SO many social events are centered around water, I think they should teach swim lessons in public schools as part of their required PE classes. I know it isn't realistic, but I wish it was possible.

I don't know about PE classes. I would support it if there were several supervisors, but could you imagine monitoring 30 children in a pool. I fear there would be many accidents, with children horsing around and all.

It really is imperative for people to teach a child how to swim. On the news a few weeks ago, they were showing parents teaching babies how to swim. It was amazing that they could actually swim at like 18 months. Apparently the program is very successful and I'm sure it saves many young lives.

I attended the University of the South, where being able to swim two laps in the pool is a requirement for earning a diploma.

Years ago when my older children were small, we lived in a small seaside town that was at the outlet of a river. In second grade they taught the children to swim. It was part of the curiculum. Being on the ocean and with a river to boot, it was imparative that these children knew how to swim.

Sadly, every year there was still someone who drowned. It was usually because they were caught off-guard by sneak waves that catch unsuspecting tourists walking the shore or a fisherman on a rock.

It's really not out of the question that just about any school district can include swimming. When we lived in the small town, there was no swimming pool, so they bussed the kids 15 miles to a YMCA pool in a neighboring town.

OTOH, I raised six children and before they reached 5 yo they all learned to swim. I've always felt it important that people know how to at the least, save themselves should they fall in water.

This case is very strange. All three drowning? :(

JMHO
fran

Terrible, my father is 60 years old and was pushed in a pool when he was 10, he felt as though he was drowning, he would not step foot in a pool or water since. UGH...I hate the..that poor boy..god bless all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back