Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island British Columbia, 20 June 2009 - #1

Mazama is offline Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by pearseha View Post
    Anyone who had a restraining order against someone, as she did, should be given top priority when they go missing.

Unfortunately, we have seen too many times where a woman (in most cases) gets a RO against someone but then allows that person back into their life...they are so often broken.

I had a bank account at 17, did/does she? Has there been any activity on her funds/credit card/cell phone since she went missing? Did she make any large withdrawals before she went missing?

My account as a child was controlled by my parents...and depleted by my parents...*sigh* at least in this day and age I would hope that if she did have an account that LE has looked into it.

Disappearing into thin air... So very strange. This case bothers me, a lot.

Yes, there has to be more to it than this. She needs to be found...alive and well (my preference) but if not and worst case scenario, then at least she deserves to be found and put to rest.
    My responses in red above.

Maz

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

The pregnancy theory kind of fits as to why she would be seeing someone she had a RO on, no time to check but does anyone know how long ago she took out the RO???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    My responses in red above.

Maz
    On FB, someone noted that she had run away before - I would like to know what she did to prepare for that event, and compare it to her behaviours now.

Also, it was noted on there that she has family in Calgary.

I assume things like bank accounts and family in Calgary, etc, have all been checked out, but I am frustrated that no one is printing anything.

On FB, someone noted that she had run away before - I would like to know what she did to prepare for that event, and compare it to her behaviours now.

Also, it was noted on there that she has family in Calgary.

I assume things like bank accounts and family in Calgary, etc, have all been checked out, but I am frustrated that no one is printing anything.
    Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the boyfriends mom who made the comment about her running away once before? If that is true, I would have to take that information in but it's credibility would be lessened by the fact it came from said boyfriends mom. I\ll try to find who said that.

Maz

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Miss...063/story.html

While the ground search for missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson was scaled back Thursday, the mother of her ex-boyfriend thinks Jodi has simply run away.
    ďThatís something that she would have done, knowing her character,Ē said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodiís ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

BBM above

Thoughts anyone?

Maz

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the boyfriends mom who made the comment about her running away once before? If that is true, I would have to take that information in but it's credibility would be lessened by the fact it came from said boyfriends mom. I\ll try to find who said that.

Maz
    Yes, she seems to say that Jodi had run away to live with Gavin at some point before. I find her certainty about Jodi's "character" suspicious, but just because it came from her doesn't necessarily mean it is false. And. certainly, if she did run away before, that does not mean that she has this time.

For me, I believe she would have given some word if she has run away. I can't help but fear the worst for this girl.

Yes, she seems to say that Jodi had run away to live with Gavin at some point before. I find her certainty about Jodi's "character" suspicious, but just because it came from her doesn't necessarily mean it is false. And. certainly, if she did run away before, that does not mean that she has this time.

For me, I believe she would have given some word if she has run away. I can't help but fear the worst for this girl.
    I think what stood out to me was:
    “That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

It strikes me as odd to say something like that (unless you wanted the attention focused on her and not your son.)
    Has anyone from her family also stated that she has run away before?

ETA: Do we know if her bank accounts have had any activity? I seem to recall there was none.
    Maz

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

I think what stood out to me was:
    ďThatís something that she would have done, knowing her character,Ē said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodiís ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

It strikes me as odd to say something like that (unless you wanted the attention focused on her and not your son.)
    Has anyone from her family also stated that she has run away before?

ETA: Do we know if her bank accounts have had any activity? I seem to recall there was none.
    Maz
    The family, it seems, refuses to comment on anything Gavin or his family say, as they say (on FB) that doing so only brings the case down to negativity. So it's hard to say what they think on this. However, the FB page does allow for the possibility that Jodi left under her own power, but that isn't the overwhelming assumption.

I respect their position and their desire for privacy, but I do wish they would share more details to give us some hints. However, I am sure they have told everything to LE, so that will have to suffice.

The family, it seems, refuses to comment on anything Gavin or his family say, as they say (on FB) that doing so only brings the case down to negativity. So it's hard to say what they think on this. However, the FB page does allow for the possibility that Jodi left under her own power, but that isn't the overwhelming assumption.

I respect their position and their desire for privacy, but I do wish they would share more details to give us some hints. However, I am sure they have told everything to LE, so that will have to suffice.
    So much that is not being said and so little being commented on...this is frustrating.

I need to think on this for a while...something isn't right here.

Maz

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Still no news. Jodi couldn't just vanish. I really don't think she'd let her family worry all this time. It would take someone very cold hearted to do that.

I wish LE would release updates, even if it is just to say they are still searching.

There is just something about this case that makes me very uneasy. The ex boyfriend, the RO, the snarky comments, the silence from LE....hmmmmmm....
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://www2.canada.com/northshorenew...b-97a1db0fd2ce

The last person to see Henrickson was her ex-boyfriend Gavin Arnott who said he spoke to her after the two had a fight around 6:20 a.m. Arnott said Henrickson asked him to go and get his dad's truck but he refused because he was too drunk. Earlier in the evening, Henrickson had asked him to "run away with her," he said. He said he didn't know what prompted that.

At the time, Arnott was under a court order not to contact Henrickson after being charged with assaulting her in April.

Just going back over what little news that was released. I missed this article when it was published.

So according to the boyfriend, they had a fight earlier and then, out of the blue, Jodi asked him to run away with her. That sounds kinda strange.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Paintr: Key word in your post above:
    HE said Jodi asked him to run away with her.
    I don't think so.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Paintr: Key word in your post above:
    HE said Jodi asked him to run away with her.
    I don't think so.
    The ex boyfriend's story and the statements by his family sound like 'circling the wagons' to me. They seem worried, but not about Jodi. Of course, that is just the opinion I received from various articles.

I wish LE would release an update.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

No new news today.

On the bank account question:

"Jodi Henrickson has no cell phone, no job, no bank account and only had a little spending money when she left home on June 18th, telling her parents that she was going camping at Cultus Lake."

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...%20Top%20Model

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

"Jodi Henrickson is a Facebook junky. After the 20th of June, all Internet communication stopped cold- which everyone who knows her says is highly unusual.

"This is not Jodi. She would have phoned somebody by now. She would [have] phoned her best friend and said, 'I'm okay.' We just need to know where she is," said Milly Fincham, a family friend."

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...%20Top%20Model

28. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Also, I've noticed posts from this thread being transfered to other forums - that's a no-no, folks.

really where is this girl..........

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
    really where is this girl..........
    I am fairly certain that she has not run away - or, if she did so initially, she has since met with some sort of mishap. No 17 year old would completely cut off all ties for this long without money or friends.

If she has run away, one of her friends knows for sure, and just isn't talking... and it's been a long time for someone to carry that secret, as well.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Itís been more than a month since 17-year-old Squamish resident Jodi Henrickson went missing on Bowen Island, but police continue efforts to find her, says RCMP Cpl. Dave Ritchie. http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_v.../51513072.html

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luckyducky For This Useful Post:

Thank you kindly Luckyducky for the update. That article makes it sound as if the family is having to deal with some nasty people. It is sad that they are plagued by this when their loved family member is missing.

I hope that LE find her soon.
    Last edited by Paintr; 07-23-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Hey Paint - I am keeping tabs on this as well. I agree that there is no need to be nasty and point fingers when someone goes missing - makes you wonder if maybe they are doing it for a reason. I also agree that a 17 year old girl wouldn't just take off especially without word to anyone. However, having a 17 year old daughter myself I know that they tell g/f's things that they don't share with parents - I hope that this isn't the case here. I would hope that if anyone knows anything they would at least tell her mom. I just couldn't imagine not knowing where my kids were even for a day.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyducky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyducky View Post
    Hey Paint - I am keeping tabs on this as well. I agree that there is no need to be nasty and point fingers when someone goes missing - makes you wonder if maybe they are doing it for a reason. I also agree that a 17 year old girl wouldn't just take off especially without word to anyone. However, having a 17 year old daughter myself I know that they tell g/f's things that they don't share with parents - I hope that this isn't the case here. I would hope that if anyone knows anything they would at least tell her mom. I just couldn't imagine not knowing where my kids were even for a day.
    I agree - if anyone knows anything, it's her friends.

Do you think a month is pushing it for secrecy? I am hoping they crack soon.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/jodi-...plagues-police

Jodi Henrickson Missing: Teen Wall of Silence Plagues Police

This was posted on July 1st. Maybe this is part of the reason why LE has been having so much trouble with the search.

Bringing this article forward from the previous page.

In the comments section, one post claims that the teens are angry with LE for breaking up previous teen parties, so the teens aren't being forthcoming. Who knows?
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Any news today? I couldn't find anything new.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast