UNSOLVED TN - Gallatin, Skeletal Remains, in field off Cairo Road, Jun'09

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
When I first saw this, I thought about Jennifer and Adrianna Wix as it is about 20 miles from where they went missing. However, there was only one person's remains discovered. I really want to know who this might be just to be sure it isn't one of the girls...and hope to find answers for the family of the missing person!!!

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10465021&nav=menu374_5_4

GALLATIN, Tenn. - Tenants who live at 1050 Cairo Road discovered a human skull on their property when they were attempting to remove old farm equipment from overgrown rural area near a pond.

Local law enforcement called in anthropologists from the University of Tennessee and Middle Tennessee State University to assist in the recovery process and to attempt to identify the remains.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the race, gender and age of the remains were still unknown, and it has yet to be determined how long the victim has been deceased.

Police said they were continuing to process the scene looking for additional remains and evidence to determine the cause of death and whether the deceased was a victim of a criminal act.

The investigation will also include the review of unsolved missing person's cases in order to help identify the victim.

GALLATIN, Tenn. - In Sumner County, investigators said they've recovered more human remains from a field in Gallatin.

Tuesday, investigators and anthropologists scoured the area after residents cleared away brush and came across a human skull.

So far, the remains haven't been identified, but police said they'll continue to look through missing persons reports to try to make an identification.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10472091

GALLATIN, Tenn. - In Sumner County, investigators said they've recovered more human remains from a field in Gallatin.

Tuesday, investigators and anthropologists scoured the area after residents cleared away brush and came across a human skull.

So far, the remains haven't been identified, but police said they'll continue to look through missing persons reports to try to make an identification.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10472091

Thanks Kimster for bringing this to everyone's attention-I immediately thought of the Wix's as well...praying...

I wonder if the skull could have been a child? I suppose LE would have said so if it appeared to be a small skull, tho. I guess I keep thinking about how Haleigh Cummings could have been in Tennessee.

Thank God someone has now been found!

The skull and additional remains were found June 2-but I cannot find any updates...do any locals know if it is male or female?

Oh My, I also thought of the Wix girls.

Kimster please keep us posted.

Kimster do you know how far Gallatin is from from Cross Plains ?

Kimster do you know how far Gallatin is from from Cross Plains ?

It's about 20 miles to the south and slightly east. I thought about how Joey B. worked in KY and so I looked to see if its on that route, but it is not. I've always felt the girls would be found together, but what if they killed Jenn and then "sold" Nina? It's always difficult to think someone would kill a child because of the mom, but we do know it happens.

Sure wish we could get an update!

May I please ask did they ever find out if this skull was a child or an adult,male or female and how long it had been there?I was thinking of Haleigh Cummings too and other people.

Thanks Ms Suzanne, this was news to me.
Per link: http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=10464419

"It is a small frame skull so it could be a small frame person or a younger person, but they have not been able to determine if it was a Caucasian or African American of anything else," said Sgt. Storment. Hopefully new info to come...

I wonder whatever became of this. I immediately thought of Lucy Meadows. Goodlettsville is not that far from Gallatin, a straight shot up Vietnam Vets, or Gallatin Road.

I decided to post on our local newspaper Facebook with the old link and see if anyone had heard anything new about this. With Adrianna Wix and Lucy Meadows both missing close by, you would think there would be rule-outs somewhere.

Has anyone ever heard anything about the remains that were found years back in Gallatin TN? ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back