GUILTY AR - Jill Ulmer, 26, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 26 June 2009

STEADFAST

Reaction score
"A police bullet and multiple stab wounds were responsible for the death of 26-year-old Jill Ulmer on Friday night.
Ricky Ray Anderson, 41, of Farmington is accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend Friday night at her apartment on Leverett Avenue.
Ulmer was hit by a bullet when officers fired several shots at Anderson from their service weapons.

. . . Preliminary information released Monday from the State Medical Examiner's Office indicates that while the multiple stab wounds were determined to have been fatal, so too was the gunshot wound."
http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/News/77776/

BTW, they completely missed the perp and had to chase him around the apartment. Jill Ulmer had a protective order against Anderson at the time and had called LE when he pulled up in the parking lot. When LE got there, Anderson was just going into the apartment. By the time they got into the apartment themselves, he was visciously stabbing her, so they tried to shoot him and missed and shot her. Anderson ran and hid behind the sofa.

There's a lot of info at the link, including a narrative about the abusive relationship Jill was trying to escape. Jill was pregnant at the time she was murdered.

Wow! How tragic for the officers involved trying to save her life. :( And what a horrific way for her and her unborn baby to die. I so wish they had not missed.

When are we going to learn in this country that an Order of Protection is akin to signing your own death warrant and not worth the paper it is printed on?! GRRRRR!

Really, what choice did they have besides shooting? He was killing her before their eyes. The article says they shot through a broken front window because they couldn't get in the door. Conditions weren't ideal, but they had to do something. Poor guys. You know this will hit them hard.

Wow! What a sad story.

Prayers to the victim and the officers involved.

fran

"The police bullet that struck a pregnant Fayetteville woman that officers were trying to defend likely ricocheted off another object, Fayetteville Police Chief Greg Tabor said Tuesday. A preliminary autopsy shows that the bullet was "tumbling" on impact, he said.
. . .

"Very rarely would an officer ever respond to a homicide in progress," Tabor said. "It's a very unique situation where the officer had to make a split-second decision."
The department expects to complete its investigation this week to determine if the officers were justified in using deadly force.
The sheriff's office inquiry could take several weeks, Tabor said.
Prosecuting Attorney John Threet said Tuesday it was unlikely that any charges would be filed against the officers.

{Well, I should hope it's unlikely!]
. . .

Anderson will not be charged with a double homicide for the death of Ulmer's fetus because she was less than 12 weeks into her pregnancy, Threet said.
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/263240/

This hits so close to home :( I got a RO two years ago against my ex, but I sat in the house with a loaded pistol too. It's a piece of paper. I don't think it CAUSES people to go off and murder any more than it prevents it.

A person intent on getting to their ex will do so no matter what. I think the only thing to do is disappear, or be willing and able to shoot to kill in self defense.

I did end up "disappearing" to a different state, I couldn't live like that.

Prayers for the family of the woman and her child, another terrible loss.

I am so thankful to see the above posts are supporting the officers. I live very near Fayetteville and this case has been so difficult to read about. Some locals are actually 2nd guessing the police officers because they chose to use their fire arms rather than their tasers! It is a tragic situation for all that were and are involved.

A Fayetteville police internal investigation cleared two officers of wrongdoing after one of their bullets struck the head of a dying woman they were trying to rescue.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/263306/

Jill was a friend of one of my best friends , she was a sweet girl and she visited me with my friend here in Texas , one day last year I watched a re run of Maury or Dr Phil and there were three girls trying to get their Mom to move on from Rickey Anderson the mom was about 58 years old and knew that he had been seeing Jill for quite some time ....I would love to see that show again , if anyone finds it please let me know .... RIP Jillybean and baby bean you are missed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back