GUILTY ID - Sarah Parks, 28, pregnant, murdered, Moscow, 24 June 2009

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
12:38 PM MDT on Monday, June 29, 2009

MOSCOW -- Police in northcentral Idaho are treating the death of a pregnant school teacher found in her charred duplex as a murder after concluding she died before the blaze consumed her home.

Moscow resident Sarah J. Parks, who was 28, died on Wednesday. Authorities say this is a double homicide, due to her 20-week-old child.

An autopsy showed that Parks was already dead when the fire started.

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jun2709-moscow_murder.11ddbe64.html

I already have that hinky feeling who might be responsible for the death of Sarah and her unborn child.
As always, my heart goes out to the family, friends and students of this young woman.

Search continues for clues in double-murder

Snipped from article:

Police were back in the building Monday, but were not releasing information of their search. The same goes for finding a suspect. Police say they are still not ruling anybody out.

Parks' husband, Silas Parks, told police he was at a gym at the time of the fire.

According to court documents, Silas Parks admitted to throwing Sarah Parks to the ground during an incident in 2006. He was cited for domestic battery, but signed a plea agreement to a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge. He was fined and received counseling.

Police say they need time to do a thorough investigation.

More at link above

“There are certainly persons of interest,” Thompson said, “and no one has been excluded at this point.”

Authorities: No one ruled out in Moscow death

Snippets from article:

Authorities said Monday they hope to release more information by the end of the week or possibly file charges in connection with the death of a 28-year-old pregnant school teacher in Moscow.

“We still haven’t ruled anybody out,” said Moscow Police Lt. Paul Kwiatkowski. “We’re waiting on some official reports. Once we get those, we’ll be better off.”

Sarah Parks was a third-grade teacher at Moscow Charter School for the past four years. She and Silas Parks had been married for four years and were expecting their first child, according to Silas Parks’ Facebook postings last week. His Facebook site has since been removed from the Internet. More at link ...

Another husband at the gym. Isn't that interesting. Doesn't he know that the last guy that tried to use that got busted right off the bat :rolleyes:

Curious to see how the marriage had gone after the last time he threw her to the ground. They didn't even charge him with domestic violence. He won't get away with it this time. There will no doubt be an arrest in the next few days. Hope he gets sent away for life with out any parole.

According to prosecutors, Sarah was strangled or suffocated.

She was found on the spare room bed inside the home. The Latah County Coroner ruled Parks was dead prior to when the fire was set.

Police who interviewed Silas say he told them Sarah was sleeping in the spare room because of her asthma, and he left to go work out.

Police say Silas was not truthful about the amount of time it took him to get to the gym, or how his wife was positioned when he left her in the
apartment.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_070109IDN-parks-arrested-SW.270a2a63.html

Another husband at the gym. Isn't that interesting. Doesn't he know that the last guy that tried to use that got busted right off the bat :rolleyes:

Curious to see how the marriage had gone after the last time he threw her to the ground. They didn't even charge him with domestic violence. He won't get away with it this time. There will no doubt be an arrest in the next few days. Hope he gets sent away for life with out any parole.

Bolded part - my first thoughts, exactly, Bobbisangel.

What a shame these dumb butts can't have enough foresight to know they're not going to get away with this stuff! Wonder if there is a g/f involved here, too?

Their precious unborn baby had already been named, "Serenity".

UPDATE 4:35 p.m.: Silas Parks charged with two counts of murder; makes first court appearance
July 1, 2009, 1:39 pm
http://www.dnews.com/breaking-news/1126/

ETA: from KXLY:

Silas Parks claimed he was working out at a gym at the time of the fire but in court documents it's revealed that during one interview he claimed he had left the home at 6:45 in the morning while in another he said he left at 7:20. He said that it took about 7 minutes to get to the gym however surveillance video at the gym showed him arriving at 7:39 AM, a few minutes before a bystander noticed the fire coming from the Parks residence.

A police officer retraced Parks' route to the gym and determined that the distance from his home to the gym was 8/10 of a mile, meaning Parks would have had to have been driving 8 miles an hour for it to take approximately 7 minutes to get to the gym.

The day Sarah was murdered she was to find out the sex of her child.They had not decided upon a name but Sarah told family if the baby was a girl she liked the name Lilly Ann.The memorial service held in her hometown was for sweet Sarah and Lilly Ann.I guess he came up with Serenity,but personally I think he has no right to name her.Sarah wanted her to be named Lilly Ann and to her family she is Lilly Ann.

I read the police report earlier.He said "Sarah would just keep coming at him and he got mad and saw red".First of all,Sarah was a gentle,softspoken girl and on the timid side.Secondly,this man was a muscular former football player.On a good day Sarah weighed about 115 lbs.

The day Sarah was murdered she was to find out the sex of her child.They had not decided upon a name but Sarah told family if the baby was a girl she liked the name Lilly Ann.The memorial service held in her hometown was for sweet Sarah and Lilly Ann.I guess he came up with Serenity,but personally I think he has no right to name her.Sarah wanted her to be named Lilly Ann and to her family she is Lilly Ann.

Thanks, TXgirl. I'd actually read a comment posted to one of the articles about the name "Lilly Ann", but wasn't sure of the accuracy.

I read the police report earlier.He said "Sarah would just keep coming at him and he got mad and saw red".First of all,Sarah was a gentle,softspoken girl and on the timid side.Secondly,this man was a muscular former football player.On a good day Sarah weighed about 115 lbs.

Even IF it were true, there's no excuse to strangle or suffocate (or murder) someone. Better option is to pack up and leave. I saw his pic and he looks pretty big.

Welcome to websleuths, TXgirl.

"Authorities acknowledged that Silas Parks' aunt is Mary Abitz of Kendrick. Abitz and her daughter, Sonja Abitz, were convicted of perjury in connection with the 1999 Dale Shackelford double-murder case. Shackelford, who was engaged to Sonja Abitz, was found guilty of murdering his ex-wife, Donna Fontaine, and her boyfriend, Fred Palahniuk, then burning their bodies in a building." from the Lewiston Tribune
Sonja accused her teenage brother Brian of the crime.In November,2003 he disappeared and four months later his body was found at the body of a ravine.I don't believe the case was ever solved.

TXgirl, welcome to WS. Sheese, Nice family huh?

May God be with Sarah and Lily. And Justice be served quickly for Silas (I believe he is guilty) and prison be as loving to him as he was to his family.:furious:

From August 2010:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/99921049.html

A North Idaho man who admitted killing his pregnant wife and setting their home on fire has been sentenced to 40 years in prison...

Silas Parks admitted to strangling his wife to death in their Moscow apartment in 2009. Sarah Parks was pregnant at the time, and Silas... had also been physically abusive to Sarah Parks in the past...

Silas Parks will be eligible for parole after 20 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back