745 users online (119 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Antwan Maurice Pittman: Rocky Mountain SK

Body found in Edgecombe County is fifth in four years
    Posted: Jun. 30 3:49 p.m.
    Updated: Jun. 30 6:03 p.m.

Battleboro, N.C. Authorities in Edgecombe County are trying to connect the dots after the discovery Monday of skeletal remains in a wooded area off Seven Bridges Road. The remains found Monday represent the fifth body found in the area since 2005.

District Attorney Robert A. Evans was slated to meet Tuesday with members of the Rocky Mount Police Department to discuss the investigation. The State Bureau of Investigation is also looking into the situation.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/5473525/
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-05-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: copyright infringe reduced text
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

Wow, they need to catch that maniac. Sounds like a serial killer is on the loose.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

There is an African American woman missing from Rocky Mount, but I can't think of her name. I live in Rocky Mount now and I see her posters on the doors of a lot of stores.

ETA: Her name is Jarniece Latonya "Sunshine" Hargrove

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/ne...an-633844.html
    Happy New Years

Reminds me of the serial killer in Louisiana who targeted women in Louisiana. Jennings, Louisiana.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Reminds me of the serial killer in Louisiana who targeted women in Louisiana. Jennings, Louisiana.
    WOO!
    I remember Derrick Todd Lee very well.....
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

Records show seven open cases of African-American women reported missing from Rocky Mount since 2005.
    • Shamika Terrele Simmons, 18, was reported missing Tuesday.
    • Wiesha Nicole Parker, 18, was reported missing Oct. 11, 2005.
    • Christine Boone, 45, was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2007.
    • Jessica Simone Williams, 19, was reported missing June 17, 2007.
    • Joyce Renee Durham, 48, was reported missing Aug. 9, 2007.
    • Ashleigh Carol Morgan, 18, was reported missing on May 4, 2008.
    • Yolanda Renee Lancaster, 36, was reported missing on March 30.

A Tarboro newspaper reported on another missing woman May 29. Jarniece Lotonya Hargrove, sometimes known as "Sunshine," 31, was last seen May 2 in the northern part of Rocky Mount, walking on U.S. Highway 301, Sheriff Knight told the Daily Southerner.
    Sheriff Knight said his deputies are close to an identification for the most recent victim.
    He said Wednesday that area residents should take common-sense precautions. " In certain areas that we have been having disappearances ... I would say you need to be cautious. You need to be aware of your surroundings and you need to know who is in your community."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5484173/

Another serial killer on the loose. What the heck is in the water these days??? We are being overrun with SK's and just plain killers! I don't know if the information super highway is just bringing these killings forward into the news (but I don't see any of these women in the WS missing forum IMO), or a generation has spawned a nation of freakin killers: Serial, BF, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, friends, family...And the list goes on. God help us all.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Praying they find this POS before he destroys any more lives!!!!

I usually hate when people bring race into the conversation butin this instance we have 5 unsolved murders and 8 missing women in a town of around 55,000 in a 5 year period. I'm just saying that if this was 5 deceased white women, and 8 missing white women we would have the FBI camped out, every major new channel, Greta, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, they would all be camped out in town.

I think the law enforcement in Rocky Mount and North Carolina needs to take a lot of heat on this, the DA's office should take the heat too for not pushing this investigation. Five bodies found in one town, 3 of them were discovered off the same road. With 8 missing I would search the area surrounding that road extensively.

There has been speculation that these women were involved in prostitution and some in drugs. I would like to see some more information from LE. If there are 13 cases involved and LE acts like they have nothing...that is a major issue for me.

Maybe its up to us here to put some effort into this case.

-This town sits along 95, could it be a traveler who knows the town.
    -Could it be a truck driver as we have heard about in the past.
    -The location of dump sites seems to point to a local however.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    crymesolver - unfortunately I think you are correct. Race and social class is a factor. IMO- I think class plays a bigger part than race. I would be curious to know if this would get more attention if these women were from a middle to upper economic class if the reaction (or lack thereof) would be different. Because of the allegations of prostitution and drug use the media doesn't want anything to do with it and I think the sad truth is a lot of society sees women in this situation as disposable and unimportant.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Tarboro, N.C. — Winston Kemp is playing a waiting game. His stepdaughter, Joyce Renee Durham, has been missing for almost two years.

“I'm hoping she will show up,” Kemp said Thursday.

The woman, who goes by Renee, would turn 48 on Sunday. She is one of seven open cases of missing African-American women from the Rocky Mount area.

WATCH VIDEO
    Missing woman's father holds onto hope

Those cases may become part of a state investigation. The State Bureau of Investigation, Rocky Mount Police and Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office formed a task force after the skeletal remains of a woman were found Monday night in a wooded area off Seven Bridges Road. That discovery was the fifth body of an African-American woman found in the county in four years.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5493498/
    Last edited by JBean; 07-04-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: copyright infringe reduced text

What is so sad is I am not far from Rocky Mount and hearing about this is a first for me. I hope that they find who this person is that is doing this.

Rocky Mount, N.C. — Juray Tucker last saw her daughter Yolanda Lancaster five months ago at her home on Grand Avenue in Rocky Mount.

“We’ve been looking for her ever since,” Tucker said.

Lancaster, 36, was reported missing on March 30, according to police records. Though she has dropped out of sight for days at a time, Lancaster would always call to check on her two children, Tucker said.

WATCH VIDEO
    Family of missing Rocky Mount woman speaks

Lancaster is among seven African-American women reported missing from Rocky Mount since 2005.The other missing women are:

• Shamika Terrele Simmons, 18, was reported missing Tuesday.
    • Wiesha Nicole Parker, 18, was reported missing Oct. 11, 2005.
    • Christine Boone, 45, was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2007.
    • Jessica Simone Williams, 19, was reported missing June 17, 2007.
    • Joyce Renee Durham, 48, was reported missing Aug. 9, 2007.
    • Ashleigh Carol Morgan, 18, was reported missing on May 4, 2008.

A Tarboro newspaper also reported another missing woman on May 29. Jarniece Lotonya Hargrove, sometimes known as "Sunshine," 31, was last seen May 2 in the northern part of Rocky Mount, walking on U.S. Highway 301, Sheriff Knight told the Daily Southerner.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5499919/
    Last edited by JBean; 07-04-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: copyright infringement

I was looking at the map last night showing where the bodies were found, I hadn't realized that one was on the same road as my son's school and the other ones are only a few minutes from where we live!
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    They still didn't catch him..
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast