UK comedy actress Mollie Sugden dies at 86

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LONDON (Reuters) – British actress Mollie Sugden, best-known for her role as Mrs Slocombe in the television comedy series "Are You Being Served?," has died at the age of 86.

Her agent Joan Reddin told newspapers Sugden died on Wednesday after a long illness. "She was a lovely, lovely person. She was a great professional," Reddin said.

With her hair highly coiffed , Sugden played the bossy Mrs Slocombe throughout the run of the BBC's innuendo-laden Are You Being Served? between 1972 and 1985.

Re-runs of the show in the United States in the 1990s gained her a new audience overseas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090702/tv_nm/us_britain_sugden_2

All of the stars from Are You Being Served are passing away. It’s one of my all time favorite shows! RIP Mrs. Slocombe!

I am sorry to hear she has passed away.. she was great in that role but the entire cast was fabulous. RIP Mollie.. my condolences to her family and friends

Rest In Peace, MRS. Slocumb. Oh how incredibly sad for me-I love, love, love Are You Being Served? I have them all and play them all the time. I have the books, you name it....

When I think of Mrs. Slocombe, I always think of her rainbow of hair colors not found in nature. That, and her Pussy. I'm talking about her cat! Get your mind out of the gutter. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back